Latest from Big 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Cases will almost certainly be on the downturn then, but there won’t be a vaccine four weeks from now and there will still be thousands of new cases per day in the US. What would be the metrics for a confident commencement to the season?

Nobody will say that. This should have been established months ago

Advertisement
And that is why OSU, Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska said we will find a way to play if the Big 10 cancels.
Every school other than Iowa and Nebraska voted to not play genius. Pretty sure the football coach can’t act in complete defiance of the schools president, no matter how many times he says they want to play. Who are they going to play when the other conferences are playing a conference only schedule +1?

Meeting today for decision on upcoming season. Have a relative in football ops at OSU, two new proposals:
Cancel fall football
Start season September 26, instead of first week of September. Additionally the power 5s tried to assemble a coalition months ago for a united approach and egos got in the way.

maybe I'm too dense but what would the united approach have been? to start the season at the same time or band together to cancel it all?

SIAP Just heard on the news the Big 10 just postponed the season until spring. Reported by Feldman on twitter. I don't tweet or else I'd supply a link.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back