Latest from Big 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Facing huge scrutiny and having their name plastered on every paper because a player died will make them a bit risk averse. Along with the permanent damage that they'll face from people having a bad perception of them.
People know the risk. You are pretending that the schools are going into this blindly and will trout out symptomatic players, not test them, have no protocols for health and sanitation etc.
You hide a boy being raped in a shower like PSU, yea you will be plastered on headlines. You lock a kid in a closet etc. Completely different than every single person knowing full well the protocols and the risk involved which from "science" tells us is VERY LOW for the young and healthy.

Advertisement
so as nebraska just found out, its very hard. their rights are owned by the tv networks that are in partnerships with the b10. i think pete thamel or another person just wrote about it. it isnt as easy as scott frost made it seem in his bravado presser yesterday. i would love to see an ACC with OSU and Mich tho. dont care for nebraska and iowa lol.
The point is they arent looking at this as so serious they are willing to throw away 100+ million as the dip**** above claimed. They want to play. The reward is much greater than the risk.

People know the risk. You are pretending that the schools are going into this blindly and will trout out symptomatic players, not test them, have no protocols for health and sanitation etc.
You hide a boy being raped in a shower like PSU, yea you will be plastered on headlines. You lock a kid in a closet etc. Completely different than every single person knowing full well the protocols and the risk involved which from "science" tells us is VERY LOW for the young and healthy.
But that's where lawyers feed. Any lawsuit will seek to expose any weakness anywhere to show a pattern of carelessness.

Advertisement
so as nebraska just found out, its very hard. their rights are owned by the tv networks that are in partnerships with the b10. i think pete thamel or another person just wrote about it. it isnt as easy as scott frost made it seem in his bravado presser yesterday. i would love to see an ACC with OSU and Mich tho. dont care for nebraska and iowa lol.
I would love for miami to play Nebraska. our beef with them runs deep all the way back to the Gotham bowl

But that's where lawyers feed. Any lawsuit will seek to expose any weakness anywhere to show a pattern of carelessness.
I get that lawsuit aspect but everyone knows the risk and the school leadership needs to step up and have strict guidelines and protocols which it sounds like almost all of these power 5 schools have done. Likens said yesterday he was overly impressed with Manny's leadership on this and you had Saban, Harbaugh, Day etc all come out and back their kids who want to play. They will create a safe environment to make it happen.
The kids know the risks involved as well, they will be extra precautions knowing if they jack around it could cost them a game or even a season.

This start later is dumb. Viruses get worse later in the fall. Get freaking going.

Advertisement
This start later is dumb. Viruses get worse later in the fall. Get freaking going.
its more about buying them to decide what to do (keep it as is or push it back and figure out the best course of action and not the cis best course of action, but from people who dont spend 90 percent of their day on here like we do lol)

I get that lawsuit aspect but everyone knows the risk and the school leadership needs to step up and have strict guidelines and protocols which it sounds like almost all of these power 5 schools have done. Likens said yesterday he was overly impressed with Manny's leadership on this and you had Saban, Harbaugh, Day etc all come out and back their kids who want to play. They will create a safe environment to make it happen.
The kids know the risks involved as well, they will be extra precautions knowing if they jack around it could cost them a game or even a season.
Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. It's not about Covid. The schools don't want to have to open themselves up to discovery where any other skeletons might become public.

The fault lies with the university presidents. The ultimate decision is in their hands and they have been sitting on those hands for months. The turning point in all of this came with the publication of the possible long term effects on the heart. While always a discussion, long time liability has jumped to the forefront in all of this. Not to mention the issues that a cancellation or even a postponement to spring bring up; what happens to scholarships for seniors, incoming freshmen and current freshmen?

Advertisement
And that is why OSU, Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska said we will find a way to play if the Big 10 cancels.
Who they going to play? LOL Right. They can play each others in a home-and-away scenario. So that's six games. However, I doubt they'll have any of those games. televised nationally on FOX, ESPN CFB or ABC. And the dominoes have already begun falling among the FCS conferences. For example, the mighty Mountain West has cancelled their football season. So look for the mighty WAC to follow the Mountain West's ways and what not's. huh? And dig this too. It's too late to schedule ANY SEC or ACC school. Because I HIGHLY doubt either conference will take on another game or two.

Oh. And one more notion. The SOUR PUZZ schools can't play any other Power 5 school because of TV CONTRACTS tied to their conference. So, again good luck CornSUCKER's playing another Power 5 team in the Year of the Disease. No not the Year of Living Dangerously. huh?

Danny Kennel said it best. So the school is solely only worried about football players and not the rest of the students? What if a regular undergrad gets corona and has lasting affects?
The whole shut down of sports back in March was to limit crowds at the March Madness arenas and other large gatherings. It was also a very unknown and a ******* death sentence from all the media that scared people into a hole. Now we have more science and knowledge.
We now have beds, PPE, Testing etc. so if there is a controlled environment, that is all we can ask for at this point and that is how we get through this.

Advertisement
Agree start on time... also remember they said the virus would do poorly in the heat and humidity and they were wrong about that
There was " no they " whom said that, it was your BOY President Grump. In other words, he went against what Fauci advised and what not. Even the vast majority of the US Republican agreed with your boy President Grump. duh.

Who they going to play? LOL Right. They can play each others in a home-and-away scenario. So that's six games. However, I doubt they'll have any of those games. televised nationally on FOX, ESPN CFB or ABC. And the dominoes have already begun falling among the FCS conferences. For example, the mighty Mountain West has cancelled their football season. So look for the mighty WAC to follow the Mountain West's ways and what not's. huh? And dig this too. It's too late to schedule ANY SEC or ACC school. Because I HIGHLY doubt either conference will take on another game or two.

Oh. And one more notion. The SOUR PUZZ schools can't play any other Power 5 school because of TV CONTRACTS tied to their conference. So, again good luck CornSUCKER's playing another Power 5 team in the Year of the Disease. No not the Year of Living Dangerously. huh?
The Sun Belt has said they'll play. Thats a conference that would love some money games. AAC the same. Conference USA too. BYU needs team to play. Their schedule has been completely wrecked. At this point lack of games wouldn't be the issue. UCF would love to play an Ohio State and Michigan in this hypothetical.

Those four big ten teams will go to the big 12 this season. Already being negotiated incase the big 10 cancels.

Advertisement
Back