Latest from Big 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
The fault lies with the university presidents. The ultimate decision is in their hands and they have been sitting on those hands for months. The turning point in all of this came with the publication of the possible long term effects on the heart. While always a discussion, long time liability has jumped to the forefront in all of this. Not to mention the issues that a cancellation or even a postponement to spring bring up; what happens to scholarships for seniors, incoming freshmen and current freshmen?

Just another POTUS lap dog and all that. No, the fault does not lie with the university Presidents. The fault for this entire disease situation falls at the doorsteps of President Grump and the US Republican Senate and ALL those RED STATE Gov's. Nothing more, nothing less!! duh.

Oh. And one more notion. It's y'all Grump LOVING Cane dudes whom DIDN'T TAKE this situation seriously from the get go and what not. That also includes ALL those Bozo's ( men and women too. ) in all those Red States whom didn't take this PLANNED-emic seriously back in the spring. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They were a lot of Blue state folks whom didn't take the disease seriously, too. But THEY WAS ALL Grump minions, creeps and right-wingers. Yeah, they have right-wing fascists in Blue states too. huh?

Advertisement
Push the whole thing to spring. At best fall football is going to be a mess with partial participation and partial schedules. We can have that in the spring. We can also possibly have a regular season with full participation in the spring as a vaccine may be available by then. Little downside to the spring but massive upside.

Those four big ten teams will go to the big 12 this season. Already being negotiated incase the big 10 cancels.

big 12 reportedly on the fence. theyre all waiting on this medical report that pac 12 and b10 are looking at right now from what i read last night. the way it was reported is that b12 wont cancel just bc one conference cancelled (it needs a reason to say we cancelled or postponed for x and y and not just bc this conf did so). acc reached out to b12 to see what theyre thinking (mack brown just told david hale that if three or four cancel, there is no reason why they should continue on). basically, it wont end if 1 conference decides to postpone/cancel, but can if it ends up being 3 or more.

Those four big ten teams will go to the big 12 this season. Already being negotiated incase the big 10 cancels.
They will need to pay hug fines and most likely repay conference funds. I heard on ESPN it was anywhere from 40 to 100mm per school. I am not sure if that is true, if it is I would doubt any school does it.

It WON'T happen. So dream on and what not. Why? Because all of these teams have CONTRACTS with the Big 10 which stipulate they can't leave a conference until a certain year. I don't know what the year would be for Big 10 programs.

Nevertheless, nice try and what not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
ok so for anyone mentioning waivers, NCAA just banned them last week per literally CFB writer on the planet. i guess emmertt said theyre morally repugnant

big 12 reportedly on the fence. theyre all waiting on this medical report that pac 12 and b10 are looking at right now from what i read last night. the way it was reported is that b12 wont cancel just bc one conference cancelled (it needs a reason to say we cancelled or postponed for x and y and not just bc this conf did so). acc reached out to b12 to see what theyre thinking (mack brown just told david hale that if three or four cancel, there is no reason why they should continue on). basically, it wont end if 1 conference decides to postpone/cancel, but can if it ends up being 3 or more.
I believe it will only be two. The yankee big ten and the hippie pac 12. Acc and sec have already made it clear they’re playing and the big 12 will go along with there fellow southern conferences. We don’t need the big ten or pac 12, it’s there loss of billions because we’re gonna play ball here in the south. And that includes group of five conferences down here as well.

It WON'T happen. So dream on and what not. Why? Because all of these teams have CONTRACTS with the Big 10 which stipulate they can't leave a conference until a certain year. I don't what that year would be for Big 10 programs.

Breach of contract if the sports they are contracted to have their seasons cancelled?

Push the whole thing to spring. At best fall football is going to be a mess with partial participation and partial schedules. We can have that in the spring. We can also possibly have a regular season with full participation in the spring as a vaccine may be available by then. Little downside to the spring but massive upside.
If you push it to Spring then how do the TV contracts work with college basketball and March Madness? Then do you just have a 30 day off season before 2021 season starts?

Advertisement
I believe it will only be two. The yankee big ten and the hippie pac 12. Acc and sec have already made it clear they’re playing and the big 12 will go along with there fellow southern conferences. We don’t need the big ten or pac 12, it’s there loss of billions because we’re gonna play ball here in the south. And that includes group of five conferences down here as well.
Are you really that DENSE? Well are you, boy!! The " Yankee Big 10. " LMFAO Now that's fresh. Well, most of those Big 10 programs are in HARD CORE RED STATES. Enter that hardcore RIGHT-WING enclave know as the hinterlands of CornSUCKERS. And you take away Ann Arbor and Detroit metro, you have the rest of the state hardcore FASCIST RIGHT-WING. The Michigan peninsula anyone. duh. The same goes for Penn. Take away Pitt. metro and the City of Brotherly Love metro ( And some of their white boy suburbs. ). The rest of the state is what I label " MILD-MANNERED right-wing. " huh? LMFAO.

Nebraska, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin and down state/west suburbs of Illinois. ALL hardcore Grump enclaves. In other words, your typical WHITE NATIONALIST MAGA Klan and what not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. There's A LOT of Black dudes whom are all in for President Grump, too. So what. LOL

By the way, FIVE Darky Blacky CornSUCKER football players felt what it was like to get kicked in the metaphorical BALLS. lol Because they all knelt down before the National Anthem in support of that mixed blood NFL QB, and the VAST MAJORITY of the state literally went on the ***** Redskin WAR PATH. lmfao. For example, the state Gov and the State Attorney General and NUMEROUS state senators didn't take too kindly to those Darky Blacky football players expressing their rights of free speech and what not. LOL Even the right-wing states two main papers had Editorials/Sports Editorial saying those darky blacky football players need to play football and SHUT UP. LMFAO

Them good ol' boys and good ol' girls went on the ***** Redskin war path. Now that's fresh. LMFAO

Last edited:
ok so for anyone mentioning waivers, NCAA just banned them last week per literally CFB writer on the planet. i guess emmertt said theyre morally repugnant
dumb question for the board lawyers about that...

How iron clad would these waivers have to be to hold up in court? I only ask because even with consent forms, doctors and hospitals sometimes still face malpractice suits.

Are you really that DENSE? Well are you, boy!! The " Yankee Big 10. " LMFAO Now that's fresh. Well, most of those Big 10 programs are in HARD CORE RED STATES. Enter that hardcore RIGHT-WING enclave know as the hinterlands of CornSUCKERS. And you take away Ann Arbor and Detroit metro, you have the rest of the state hardcore FASCIST RIGHT-WING. The Michigan peninsula anyone. duh. The same goes for Penn. Take away Pitt. metro and the City of Brotherly Love metro ( And some of their white boy suburbs. ). The rest of the state is what I label " MILD-MANNERED right-wing. " huh" LMFAO.

Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin and down state/west suburbs of Illinois. ALL hardcore Grump enclaves. In other words, your typical WHITE NATIONALIST MAGA Klan and what not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. There's A LOT of Black dudes whom are all in for Grump, too. So what. LOL
Dude Fvck yourself! You don’t like my comments don’t read them or put me on ignore. Or if you want to respond and expect people to take you seriously, then learn how to speak/write English so people can understand you moron!

Last edited:
Advertisement
dumb question for the board lawyers about that...

How iron clad would these waivers have to be to hold up in court? I only ask because even with consent forms, doctors and hospitals sometimes still face malpractice suits.

id reference darren heitner on twitter about the waivers -- he looked into the mechanics of them and the difficulties with them (if they were allowed but now the NCAA banned those).

It WON'T happen. So dream on and what not. Why? Because all of these teams have CONTRACTS with the Big 10 which stipulate they can't leave a conference until a certain year. I don't know what the year would be for Big 10 programs.

They're not leaving the conference. They're just scheduling out of conference games while the Big 10 suspends operations. All they have to do is sit out the Big 12 conference championship game and the Big 10 will have no basis to claim breech of contract.

Advertisement
There was " no they " whom said that, it was your BOY President Grump. In other words, he went against what Fauci advised and what not. Even the vast majority of the US Republican agreed with your boy President Grump. duh.

First off who is my boy? Ive never once brought politics on this board. Ive never advocated for the president or anyone else. So you just made a ASSUMPTION that I support the president based on something that was obviously debunked which I stated above. That "they" were wrong about.

It was even reported not from the President that heat and high humidity were detrimental to COVID in saliva droplets and on surfaces. Heat and Humidity were weak links in the chain of the virus. Would this mean it would slow it down? No and that was started from the scientists.

Furthermore I been on the frontlines since COVID arrived in SFLA. Treated and been around numerous patients. Had multiple friends get it including my brothers entire family. So next time you want to make an ASSUMPTION of who "my boy" is maybe you should ask me first and Ill gladly tell you whether I listen to "my boy" or the scientists and doctors I work along side.

First off who is my boy? Ive never once brought politics on this board. Ive never advocated for the president or anyone else. So you just made a ASSUMPTION that I support the president based on something that was obviously debunked which I stated above. That "they" were wrong about.

It was even reported not from the President that heat and high humidity were detrimental to COVID in saliva droplets and on surfaces. Heat and Humidity were weak links in the chain of the virus. Would this mean it would slow it down? No and that was started from the scientists.

Furthermore I been on the frontlines since COVID arrived in SFLA. Treated and been around numerous patients. Had multiple friends get it including my brothers entire family. So next time you want to make an ASSUMPTION of who "my boy" is maybe you should ask me first and Ill gladly tell you whether I listen to "my boy" or the scientists and doctors I work along side.
What are your thoughts on Vitamin D?

Advertisement
Back