Latest Barry Jackson - Dan Lambert spitting fire!

it wasn't a donation lol. he paid for exposure using miami football players to perform a service for him. ive seen the contract. they are required to do certain things in order to continue earning the check. if it was a donation, it would be banned since it'd be impermissible benefits
Outside of CIS and avid college football fans, who would know who anybody on this team was outside of maybe King? They might be required to post stuff online or show up to events, but he’s not getting the equivalent to that money back in services.

Advertisement
Where does it say that?, did he even give the second $500,000 that he was going to give? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with it but I haven’t seen any confirmation of anything. The only thing I’ve seen is a little player trying to pretend like he’s got big boy pants on.
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes you seem to not keep up with a lot of things and just come to the board and throw out **** you know nothing about. suggest you do a self ban for a few weeks.

..I mean you are out here writing checks you can't cash

I’m glad he did that. It’s certainly more than I’m contributing.

We need about hundreds of him to make a difference, and that’s part of my point.

What I wasn’t crazy about was the attention seeking to be perfectly honest.

I don’t care that he took a swipe at Flake, he’s an easy target. I’ve been ragging on BJ for years now. He’s always been low hanging fruit. But what exactly did he accomplish with his little rant to the Herald? And what was his endgame?

The attention seeking component is what has driven the changes to date. You should be thanking Dan Lambert for his willingness to get involved.

Quite frankly, the more I hear from him, the more impressed I am. I've been a big fan of his from the MMA side for a handful of years now, but his actions regarding UM in the past 1.5 years have been both impressive and motivational as a Canes fan.

I don’t like his attention seeking with the media to be honest.. what’s he accomplishing?
I’m not sure what his motivation is. We can only speculate. Ego? Trying to light a fire into the admin to make change? I don’t care since he’s financially supporting athletics and seems to want to see our ****** status quo change.

Outside of CIS and avid college football fans, who would know who anybody on this team was outside of maybe King? They might be required to post stuff online or show up to events, but he’s not getting the equivalent to that money back in services.
that's on him. his choice to pay for services. he made a bad investment just like raising canes did

Advertisement
I’ve said there’s big money to be had from Golden Canes and boosters if we just had a plan and they knew the money was going where it should be. Alonzo has a legit plan too even though some some thinks he’s lacking in that aspect.

I think most believe in his plan when it comes to personnel matters with his lack of experience in the more mundane aspects of college athletic administration giving some pause/cause to pair him with someone more versed in that area. That's not hard to do, so not a problem.

If I have one concern for Alonzo's plan, it's that I'm worried that his expertise in player development, management, scouting, etc... are limited to only football. All our other programs could use that too! There's a great opportunity to cross brand an Athlete Wellness & Development initiative with UHealth, and it should be more than just the grid iron.

that's on him. his choice to pay for services. he made a bad investment just like raising canes did
And that’s ok to have that opinion. I for one, am all about him, Herbie, and anyone else with a platform calling out the clown show at Miami. It’s way past due.

Assuming it’s Mario and a competent AD + Zo

With TVD and the young bucks returning

If we can hammer the transfer portal and hit on some Feb 2022 signing day wins

Do you guys realize the momentum and publicity behind Miami? The NIL money would take a gigantic step up and be a much easier pitch

The phrase sleeping giant could never be more appropriately used to describe Miami football…. At least through Tuesday of next week

I’m glad he did that. It’s certainly more than I’m contributing.

We need about hundreds of him to make a difference, and that’s part of my point.

What I wasn’t crazy about was the attention seeking to be perfectly honest.

I don’t care that he took a swipe at Flake, he’s an easy target. I’ve been ragging on BJ for years now. He’s always been low hanging fruit. But what exactly did he accomplish with his little rant to the Herald? And what was his endgame?
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes someone steps up to give money and you call it "attention seeking?" bless your heart.

Advertisement
the issue is no one else will do that.

good on him for helping every football player out even the ones that don't play. I don't want him near the decision making process. these dudes just need to write checks and hopefully soon have a real AD and football people make the decisions. we don't need boosters telling the AD and football guys how to make decisions.
You think folks are going to write a blank checks without being asked what for and be given specific details?

I think most believe in his plan when it comes to personnel matters with his lack of experience in the more mundane aspects of college athletic administration giving some pause/cause to pair him with someone more versed in that area. That's not hard to do, so not a problem.

If I have one concern for Alonzo's plan, it's that I'm worried that his expertise in player development, management, scouting, etc... are limited to only football. All our other programs could use that too! There's a great opportunity to cross brand an Athlete Wellness & Development initiative with UHealth, and it should be more than just the grid iron.

I never said AD. I just said he has a plan and understands how big boy programs are ran. Fundraising for football and treating it likes it’s own entity. Running it like it’s a pro franchise.

He’s spent a good portion of his profession picking the brains of great coaches , Ad’s and seeing first hand how they handle business.

You think folks are going to write a blank checks without being asked what for and be given specific details?
do you hear UFs boosters *****ing about mullet when he wasn't recruiting to the Gainesville sun?

only this ******* city where everyone who even gives (what really is small peanuts but commendable nonetheless) deserves a voice or opinion. nah you want say, donate like the big boys do to get on the BOT and then influence change. we don't need these dudes running to Barry or even responding to Barrys request so they can ***** about not having inside info.

his 500k investment was a employment offer to these kids. its a cool thing. I don't need him going to the papers running his mouth like he deserves to be in that room. nah write the ******* check, shut your mouth and let them do their thing. if they **** up, don't write anymore checks and move on. if they get Mario, then shut your mouth and continue writing.

that's what OCCCs point is imo

I never said AD. I just said he has a plan and understands how big boy programs are ran. Fundraising for football and treating it likes it’s own entity. Running it like it’s a pro franchise.

He’s spent a good portion of his profession picking the brains of great coaches , Ad’s and seeing first hand how they handle business.
he has to be in that football room with whoever the AD is or will be. id prefer Zo over Gino but bonus if we get both.

Advertisement
Miami has what he’s suggesting - an athletics committee within the BOT.
According to open source documents, they have a Visiting Committee for Athletics that meets at least once per year. With that said, undoubtedly for that charter, there is a mechanism for them to meet more frequently/ad hoc.

Other than that, they don't have publically listed a Standing Athletics Committee (known as the Big SAC 😂).

Advertisement
Sounds like we have a huge problem of 'I'm the smartest in the room' syndrome.

My God, give the people who are the actual smartest in the room the power. I'm sick of this crap. Weak struggling businesses have this exact problem.

Successful one either the richest guy is the smartest , orrrrrrr he gives the power to the smartest person and they run with it

do you hear UFs boosters *****ing about mullet when he wasn't recruiting to the Gainesville sun?

only this ******* city where everyone who even gives (what really is small peanuts but commendable nonetheless) deserves a voice or opinion. nah you want say, donate like the big boys do to get on the BOT and then influence change. we don't need these dudes running to Barry or even responding to Barrys request so they can ***** about not having inside info.

his 500k investment was a employment offer to these kids. its a cool thing. I don't need him going to the papers running his mouth like he deserves to be in that room. nah write the ******* check, shut your mouth and let them do their thing. if they **** up, don't write anymore checks and move on. if they get Mario, then shut your mouth and continue writing.

that's what OCCCs point is imo
Because the Gainesville Sun would not run an article like that but trust me there was plenty of *****ing externally from Bull Gators. I happen to know quite a few (unfortunately...lol). The Tuscaloosa News or Oxford Eagle protect their corrupt institutions.

Because the Gainesville Sun would not run an article like that but trust me there was plenty of *****ing externally from Bull Gators. I happen to know quite a few (unfortunately...lol). The Tuscaloosa News or Oxford Eagle protect their corrupt institutions.

I know one particularly big one too. they ***** but for the most part we don't have to see their names in print.

these dudes (all of them) need to shut the **** up and let the school do its job. as Cribby said before, wait and see the end result vs reacting to every little story or non story out there

Advertisement
Back