Latest Barry Jackson - Dan Lambert spitting fire!

I never said AD. I just said he has a plan and understands how big boy programs are ran. Fundraising for football and treating it likes it’s own entity. Running it like it’s a pro franchise.

He’s spent a good portion of his profession picking the brains of great coaches , Ad’s and seeing first hand how they handle business.
I'm with you on not being the AD, but still having very real experience and capabilities. However he comes, I just want him to also take all that knowledge and apply it to our other programs too!

Baseball recruits great, puts guys in the draft, but can't develop into a cohesive unit come Omaha.

Basketball recruits great, but scouting and retention have something to be desired.

We should be crushing some sports we're not, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Watersports for instance. If he can manage a staff to manage personnel matters for NFL athletes, than Alonzo can manage a staff that includes SMEs beyond just football too.

Advertisement
I know one particularly big one too. they ***** but for the most part we don't have to see their names in print.

these dudes (all of them) need to shut the **** up and let the school do its job. as Cribby said before, wait and see the end result vs reacting to every little story or non story out there
I don’t understand this. Letting the school/admin “do their job” in regard to athletics has resulted in a total ishtshow the last 20 years. The last thing people like Mike Ryan and Dan Lambert need to do is shut up. Quite the opposite. Point out how poorly we’ve run athletics and offer to help financially if new direction is taken.

Advertisement
I have run MFG plants and distribution centers for the last 20 years. You have to run today's athletics like a business and get these kids the NIL money. It's legalized cheating. Sports is a business now. Get the people involved to operate it PROPERLY

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes someone steps up to give money and you call it "attention seeking?" bless your heart.

It was his babbling to the Herald that I called “attention seeking”, not his contribution, why don’t you try to keep up.

Every day you try several times to get my attention, OK you’ve got it. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Ex-players haven't exactly been geniuses in terms of their suggestions... in fact most have been pretty dumb.
I have seen better suggestions on CIS than elsewhere
Yeah 10 out of the 20 (or more) on the Athletics Committee should be from CIS. Then maybe all the moaning and moping *MIGHT* stop. (probably not.)

Advertisement
I don’t understand this. Letting the school/admin “do their job” in regard to athletics has resulted in a total ishtshow the last 20 years. The last thing people like Mike Ryan and Dan Lambert need to do is shut up. Quite the opposite. Point out how poorly we’ve run athletics and offer to help financially if new direction is taken.

he gave the money to the kids not to the program (regarding his 500k. idk how much hes personally donated to the program). the last thing we need is every semi rich to rich person in the land of frauds to give their opinion on who to hire. as it stands, we have the Columbus brigade trying to do the same thing the Manny brigade did. luckily, the Columbus brigades coach is a quality one. this is more embarrassing than anything. the school hasn't done anything publicly other than fire the AD. let the school make their decision on the AD and HC and then complain if you want. I don't want the school turning to AEW/Top team guy for recs on hiring

Ex-players haven't exactly been geniuses in terms of their suggestions... in fact most have been pretty dumb.
I have seen better suggestions on CIS than elsewhere
They should open a BOT seat for election like PSU does. Have someone from CIS win it, and be a liaison for the ideas thrown out in here.

I’m not attacking his giving, I am displeased with his running to the herald and running his mouth.

How about you tell me how much you give.
the diff between he and Epstein in both their *****ing is that Lambert is more liked. both are *****ing to their trusted press pieces. all need to shut the **** up. it makes this entire thing even if we get it right with the AD hire and hC hire look ridiculous

Advertisement
Where does it say that?, did he even give the second $500,000 that he was going to give? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with it but I haven’t seen any confirmation of anything. The only thing I’ve seen is a little player trying to pretend like he’s got big boy pants on.

Who the fook is this guy?

Hmmmmmm, sounds eerily similar to what I’ve been saying. There’s only a small segment that care about athletics, so y not reorganize The BOT to have a segment focus on academics, specifically, medical/research specifically, and athletics specifically?
I think they need a group that focuses on their racism in hiring practices. You know, if your last name doesn't end in Z, you have a much smaller chance of getting hired.

Signed,
Tomas Hernandez

I know one particularly big one too. they ***** but for the most part we don't have to see their names in print.

these dudes (all of them) need to shut the **** up and let the school do its job. as Cribby said before, wait and see the end result vs reacting to every little story or non story out there
Yes, I agree.

Advertisement
he gave the money to the kids not to the program (regarding his 500k. idk how much hes personally donated to the program). the last thing we need is every semi rich to rich person in the land of frauds to give their opinion on who to hire. as it stands, we have the Columbus brigade trying to do the same thing the Manny brigade did. luckily, the Columbus brigades coach is a quality one. this is more embarrassing than anything. the school hasn't done anything publicly other than fire the AD. let the school make their decision on the AD and HC and then complain if you want. I don't want the school turning to AEW/Top team guy for recs on hiring
I’m not even insinuating guys like Lambert should have any say in who they think should be hired. I think (could be wrong) that they just want to see a plan and how things will be done differently.

I don’t like his attention seeking with the media to be honest.. what’s he accomplishing?
At this point we need people pointing out the cluster **** that is the Miami leadership, especially the BOT. Herbstreet got the ball rolling after 20 years of abysmal football seasons. Really seems like this admin is content to be mediocre until they get called out. Lambert at the moment has a platform and is using it to try and keep this University from marginolizing football yet again. That I believe is his goal here. I for one hope he keeps it up.

Advertisement
Back