Latest Barry Jackson - Dan Lambert spitting fire!

Barry is going to milk this newfound source of his until the cows come home. This guy has zero shame

Advertisement
I’m not attacking his giving, I am displeased with his running to the herald and running his mouth.

How about you tell me how much you give.

To the casual eye and by all accounts, there is an internal struggle going on within the UM management ranks. That struggle was taken to the media. Now it appears that both sides are taking to the media. For you to call out only one side is hypocritical IMO.

It just so happens that one side is using the old "unnamed sources game" and the side Dan Lambert is on seem to be speaking directly to the media (and public). I personally prefer Dan Lambert's method. He has not engaged in any kind of negative press, simply putting certain facts out into the marketplace. Im not sure why you take issue with that (and only one side for that).

The Herald interview Dan Lambert did where he talked about his meeting with Blake James was incredibly informative. I would assume that any unbiased or free thinking UM fan appreciated that information. I know I did.

Last edited:
cat nom GIF

Assuming it’s Mario and a competent AD + Zo

With TVD and the young bucks returning

If we can hammer the transfer portal and hit on some Feb 2022 signing day wins

Do you guys realize the momentum and publicity behind Miami? The NIL money would take a gigantic step up and be a much easier pitch

The phrase sleeping giant could never be more appropriately used to describe Miami football…. At least through Tuesday of next week
Mario and Zo are backpage to what's happening in CFB.

Advertisement
Regarding UM’s search for an athletic director, Lambert said he hasn’t made any suggestions.

“What the [expletive] do I know? I’m looking through the lens of someone who runs an MMA team and a cruise line at one point. I don’t know [expletive] about that. I’m just a fan. Get people that have been successful with less. Get somebody who has done more with less.

“We have 60 people on the Board of Trustees. How many of them can name the starting lineup on our offense? There are 40 that don’t care about football. Why not have a small group on the board that has an interest in football and a good working knowledge of football and have the AD report to them on football as opposed to everybody? It doesn’t seem like to me the way you’d run a business.”

But the 40 all know how to make a mean cafe con Leche

Just reading the article from last week and the current article from today, this guy is the good. Just reading a few of his quotes and demeanor, I’m bet he wanted to knock Flake out when he said he would use his money on dorms.

To the casual eye and by all accounts, there is an internal struggle going on within the UM management ranks. That struggle was taken to the media. Now it appears that both sides are taking to the media. For you to call out only one side is hypocritical IMO.

It just so happens that one side is using the old "unnamed sources game" and the side Dan Lambert is on seem to be speaking directly to the media (and public). I personally prefer Dan Lambert's method. He has not engaged in any kind of negative press, simply putting certain facts out into the marketplace. Im not sure why you take issue with that (and only one side for that).

The Herald interview Dan Lambert did where he talked about his meeting with Blake James was incredibly informative. I would assume that any unbiased or free thinking UM fan appreciated that information. I know I did.

Meaningless noise does not advance any agenda.

It really doesn’t matter what side he’s on, you can’t have every contributor, and there’s lots that contribute in his dollar range, running to the media and thinking they actually singularly have a vote.

I would feel better if I knew he was actually being a mouthpiece for the “right“ side. But I seriously doubt it. His comments are emotional and undisciplined.

If you listen to actual insiders on this board, the ones that actually have some insight in what’s going on behind the scenes, what is their major thrust regarding all this noise? It’s that all this leaking and talking to the press is not productive nor useful. The whole concept of operating in “silence“ is their mantra. That’s what makes sense to me.

Advertisement
***** it...let manny coddle the recruits and let him extend offers to juco guys as well...and while you’re at it miami give that motha phucka a 10 year extension. Then afterwards they can kiss my entire a$$ while i take a dump on their phaggot a$$ desks.

Man gave 500k reasons why he can run his mouth. He's not even saying anything bad either and sometimes the truth hurts. He's also not running to reporters I would bet, but them to him. He's a soundbite waiting to happen. I can't fault a man who came up with what I thought was an awesome deal in that the entire team benefits.

My prediction, we'll see a few of these players in MMA in the future.

Miami has what he’s suggesting - an athletics committee within the BOT.
right, but aren't their recommendations put to a larger vote of uninterested individuals with agendas and loyalties that may run counter to what's in the best interest of the football program and athletic department.

I’ve said there’s big money to be had from Golden Canes and boosters if we just had a plan and they knew the money was going where it should be. Alonzo has a legit plan too even though some some thinks he’s lacking in that aspect.
Alonzo graduated from the business school with a concentration in marketing and works in NFL front offices for 23+ years, but people here question his "raw intelligence" to do the job.

Wild AF...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Meaningless noise does not advance any agenda.

It really doesn’t matter what side he’s on, you can’t have every contributor, and there’s lots that contribute in his dollar range, running to the media and thinking they actually singularly have a vote.

I would feel better if I knew he was actually being a mouthpiece for the “right“ side. But I seriously doubt it. His comments are emotional and undisciplined.

If you listen to actual insiders on this board, the ones that actually have some insight in what’s going on behind the scenes, what is their major thrust regarding all this noise? It’s that all this leaking and talking to the press is not productive nor useful. The whole concept of operating in “silence“ is their mantra. That’s what makes sense to me.

Based on what we know, this guy Epstein is the one who started all of this bullschitt in the media. He's trying to sabotage the process because he's been locked out. Epstein was a big supporter of Blake James. That should tell all you need to know about him. Epstein is butthurt that blake james was let go.

Dan Lambert is doing good work by taking to the media to present tidbits of real factual info to counter the sniveling nonsense from Epstein. Listen to this quick piece from Dan Le Batard. He calls out Epstein here and he is 100% on point.

OCCC, for you to simply bad mouth anyone who's speaking in the media is completely misguided and lacking the context of the situation.

….AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET EVERY 3-4 YRS….EVERYONE WANTS TO FLY THE PLANES / BANNERS / BILLBOARDS OF FIRE & BRIMSTONE BUT NO ONE HAS A FU@KING CLUE WHAT OR WHO WILL FILL THE SLOT WHEN THE AXE FALLS AND THEY GET WHAT THEY ASKED FOR….

Advertisement
The attention seeking component is what has driven the changes to date. You should be thanking Dan Lambert for his willingness to get involved.

Quite frankly, the more I hear from him, the more impressed I am. I've been a big fan of his from the MMA side for a handful of years now, but his actions regarding UM in the past 1.5 years have been both impressive and motivational as a Canes fan.

I am all for shaming and pointing out how atrocious and awful our decision makers have been. Please continue to expose and point the finger. Shame away as far as I am concerned especially when it is warranted.

I’m not sure what his motivation is. We can only speculate. Ego? Trying to light a fire into the admin to make change? I don’t care since he’s financially supporting athletics and seems to want to see our ****** status quo change.

I don’t care what his “intent” is/was. I am for shaming especially when it is necessary to expose how awful things are/were. Please expose the cancer as it is warranted.

You’d think people would be sick and disgusted by our last ~20 years.

Based on what we know, this guy Epstein is the one who started all of this bullschitt in the media. He's trying to sabotage the process because he's been locked out. Epstein was a big supporter of Blake James. That should tell all you need to know about him. Epstein is butthurt that blake james was let go.

Dan Lambert is doing good work by taking to the media to present tidbits of real factual info to counter the sniveling nonsense from Epstein. Listen to this quick piece from Dan Le Batard. He calls out Epstein here and he is 100% on point.

OCCC, for you to simply bad mouth anyone who's speaking in the media is completely misguided and lacking the context of the situation.

All he’s doing is adding to the noise and confusion and making this look like even more of a circus.

Ask yourself, do you think the “good guys” want him going to the press?

All he’s doing is adding to the noise and confusion and making this look like even more of a circus.

Ask yourself, do you think the “good guys” want him going to the press?

I think Dan Lambert is one of the good guys. And I do not share your opinion that Dan's Lambert's statements in the media are adding to the noise. I believe his media statements are bringing clarity to the situation. Again, listen to what Le Batard said in his piece. He's calling out Epstein. Is Le Batard part of the problem too?

Advertisement
Back