Latest Barry Jackson - Dan Lambert spitting fire!

yeyo

Sophomore
Premium
Regarding UM’s search for an athletic director, Lambert said he hasn’t made any suggestions.

“What the [expletive] do I know? I’m looking through the lens of someone who runs an MMA team and a cruise line at one point. I don’t know [expletive] about that. I’m just a fan. Get people that have been successful with less. Get somebody who has done more with less.

“We have 60 people on the Board of Trustees. How many of them can name the starting lineup on our offense? There are 40 that don’t care about football. Why not have a small group on the board that has an interest in football and a good working knowledge of football and have the AD report to them on football as opposed to everybody? It doesn’t seem like to me the way you’d run a business.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
And even that needs to change.

It needs to be a committee made up of half-BOT and half-people-with-athletics-background (either in playing sports, coaching sports, or administering sports).
Vilma for sure is on there and Kosar might be.

Advertisement
500k a year.
Where does it say that?, did he even give the second $500,000 that he was going to give? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with it but I haven’t seen any confirmation of anything. The only thing I’ve seen is a little player trying to pretend like he’s got big boy pants on.

Advertisement
Where does it say that?, did he even give the second $500,000 that he was going to give? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with it but I haven’t seen any confirmation of anything. The only thing I’ve seen is a little player trying to pretend like he’s got big boy pants on.
That's what I remember reading. I don't remember it being a one time deal. I could be wrong though.

More like 55 that don't care about football but that's not unusual, and it's not a disadvantage right now IMO. Can you imagine what a bigger sh*tshow it would be with that many more cooks in the kitchen?
That's how you get what's going on at Texas lol. We don't need them to all be fully invested into football, we just need the A holes to not be actively sabotaging the plan and stop halting any attempt at progressing the program.

Advertisement
Regarding UM’s search for an athletic director, Lambert said he hasn’t made any suggestions.

“What the [expletive] do I know? I’m looking through the lens of someone who runs an MMA team and a cruise line at one point. I don’t know [expletive] about that. I’m just a fan. Get people that have been successful with less. Get somebody who has done more with less.

“We have 60 people on the Board of Trustees. How many of them can name the starting lineup on our offense? There are 40 that don’t care about football. Why not have a small group on the board that has an interest in football and a good working knowledge of football and have the AD report to them on football as opposed to everybody? It doesn’t seem like to me the way you’d run a business.”

Hmmmmmm, sounds eerily similar to what I’ve been saying. There’s only a small segment that care about athletics, so y not reorganize The BOT to have a segment focus on academics, specifically, medical/research specifically, and athletics specifically?

But Lambert — who gave $540,000 to Hurricanes players this year — said he intends to continue offering $500 monthly payments to all Canes scholarship football players next season, with the hope that other local businesses will help push that monthly number close to $1,000 per player.

Good for Lambert, who else is stepping up under NIL? Dude was willing to write a check for Highsmith.

Advertisement
Back