Latest Barry Jackson - Dan Lambert spitting fire!

And even that needs to change.

It needs to be a committee made up of half-BOT and half-people-with-athletics-background (either in playing sports, coaching sports, or administering sports).
One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

Advertisement
He said he's giving $540k again next year, hoped that other local business would add to it but didn't. He wants to fundraise so they can go from $500 per player per month to $1,000.

I’ve said there’s big money to be had from Golden Canes and boosters if we just had a plan and they knew the money was going where it should be. Alonzo has a legit plan too even though some some thinks he’s lacking in that aspect.

"Get people that have been successful with less. Get somebody who has done more with less."

I like Lambert and his mentality a lot and I understand why a successful business owner would say this because it's probably emblematic of how he interviews people and a hiring philosophy.

That said, I don't like that we're always approaching things with an implied narrative that you'll HAVE less here. A) We should constantly be striving to eliminate any gaps with other programs and B) We should approach this hire by finding candidates that acknowledge the MORE that we already do have here.

Otherwise you're almost setting the person up to be able to cry about "limitations" if they fail ala Al Golden.

1. At this point **** near everything is a smoke screen or purposeful leaks of bad info.

2. It is somewhat funny when people are saying this or that candidate is not qualified for AD. I doubt many, if any, people here know the day-to-day of a P5 AD but because they do not see "former AD" on a resume they jump like that person is not qualified. Could it be? Sure. But thats not to say certain skills do not translate.

3. One thing that I think does not get talked about enough and she does not get enough credit is CAROL PHUCKING SOFFER.... She stays out of the news, handles the politics like a boss, donated like 20 million to get the IPF and allegedly got the big $ people together to can Blake and put this entire thing in motion and is willing to throw more money at the problems. Shout out to Carol.

But Lambert — who gave $540,000 to Hurricanes players this year — said he intends to continue offering $500 monthly payments to all Canes scholarship football players next season, with the hope that other local businesses will help push that monthly number close to $1,000 per player.

Good for Lambert, who else is stepping up under NIL? Dude was willing to write a check for Highsmith.

I’m glad he did that. It’s certainly more than I’m contributing.

We need about hundreds of him to make a difference, and that’s part of my point.

What I wasn’t crazy about was the attention seeking to be perfectly honest.

I don’t care that he took a swipe at Flake, he’s an easy target. I’ve been ragging on BJ for years now. He’s always been low hanging fruit. But what exactly did he accomplish with his little rant to the Herald? And what was his endgame?

Advertisement
Regarding UM’s search for an athletic director, Lambert said he hasn’t made any suggestions.

“What the [expletive] do I know? I’m looking through the lens of someone who runs an MMA team and a cruise line at one point. I don’t know [expletive] about that. I’m just a fan. Get people that have been successful with less. Get somebody who has done more with less.

“We have 60 people on the Board of Trustees. How many of them can name the starting lineup on our offense? There are 40 that don’t care about football. Why not have a small group on the board that has an interest in football and a good working knowledge of football and have the AD report to them on football as opposed to everybody? It doesn’t seem like to me the way you’d run a business.”

Can we fire BOT members??? They’re next

We need about hundreds of him to make a difference, and that’s part of my point.

I don’t care that he took a swipe at Flake, he’s an easy target. I’ve been ragging on BJ for years now. He’s always been low hanging fruit. But what exactly did he accomplish with his little rant to the Herald? And what was his endgame?
Really about NIL. Quite frankly Jackson needed copy so he reached out to a guy who would talk to him. If Lambert wants to get the NIL really going for Miami, then good on him. I get egos come into play but I don't see this as a detriment honestly.

Advertisement
Really about NIL. Quite frankly Jackson needed copy so he reached out to a guy who would talk to him. If Lambert wants to get the NIL really going for Miami, then good on him. I get egos come into play but I don't see this as a detriment honestly.

I know you’ll agree we need more of these guys.

$500 per player, per season, is nice, but that’s why we need hundreds of these guys

But Lambert — who gave $540,000 to Hurricanes players this year — said he intends to continue offering $500 monthly payments to all Canes scholarship football players next season, with the hope that other local businesses will help push that monthly number close to $1,000 per player.

Good for Lambert, who else is stepping up under NIL? Dude was willing to write a check for Highsmith.
the issue is no one else will do that.

good on him for helping every football player out even the ones that don't play. I don't want him near the decision making process. these dudes just need to write checks and hopefully soon have a real AD and football people make the decisions. we don't need boosters telling the AD and football guys how to make decisions.

That's how you get what's going on at Texas lol. We don't need them to all be fully invested into football, we just need the A holes to not be actively sabotaging the plan and stop halting any attempt at progressing the program.
we actually don't know what's going on right now since Blake is fired though. just a bunch of reporters and twitter fingers trying to find any info false or not they can find. Barry has nothing so hes gonna just interview the same dudes to get a quote and post the Buzz

the issue is no one else will do that.

good on him for helping every football player out even the ones that don't play. I don't want him near the decision making process. these dudes just need to write checks and hopefully soon have a real AD and football people make the decisions. we don't need boosters telling the AD and football guys how to make decisions.

Thanks for actually getting it

Advertisement

He wants to know his money is being put to good use. He made that donation with the idea that it would help the football program. Now he probably believes he’s wasting his money, and frankly he will be if they get the AD and HC hire wrong. I’m sure he’s also frustrated nobody has jumped in with him to up that monthly payment.

It’s the same as anybody here who donates money and has threatened to stop donating if Manny is retained. Just happens that he’s more famous and has a bigger platform.

Where does it say that?, did he even give the second $500,000 that he was going to give? I don’t know I haven’t kept up with it but I haven’t seen any confirmation of anything. The only thing I’ve seen is a little player trying to pretend like he’s got big boy pants on.
How much did you give?

He wants to know his money is being put to good use. He made that donation with the idea that it would help the football program. Now he probably believes he’s wasting his money, and frankly he will be if they get the AD and HC hire wrong.

It’s the same as anybody here who donates money and has threatened to stop donating if Manny is retained. Just happens that he’s more famous and has a bigger platform.
it wasn't a donation lol. he paid for exposure using miami football players to perform a service for him. ive seen the contract. they are required to do certain things in order to continue earning the check. if it was a donation, it would be banned since it'd be impermissible benefits

Advertisement
It’s per player/per month.

I get your point and I agree. You came off like you were ****ting on Lambert earlier in the thread.
I think hes tired of all these stupid stories from dudes who have zero info right now just using these reporters as their own mouth pieces, but they feel like they should have info.

Advertisement
Back