Late thoughts on CCSU game

You have to play the three amigos! WR is one position where you can have frosh play. Also have to keep 0 as starting safety- amazing range and opposing WR look for him which should keep them honest. I like the three safety look wiht Bolden, JW, and Kichens. LB is a mess and Smith should get more playing time. DE is perhaps just as bad if not worse. Give Chantz some PT. Play our best players bc it is clear that the older group will NOT do the job

Advertisement
Being a runner and even straight line speed are not the primary traits I look for in a QB's movements, but maybe I'm reading more into Lashlee's comments. Ryan Tanny is a + "athlete" and was even a WR in college. In the open field, he can really run in a straight line. He can barely move off his spot in the pocket, though.

I rather have any non-runner QB who can bounce around in the pocket. Maybe that's mental processing? Maybe it's just early game discomfort? But, it's hard to "trick" short area movements. You either move your *** off the spot or you don't. And, some "great athletes" can barely manage their pocket. Jalen Hurts is a great athlete. I rather watch anything else other than his constant backward drifting into oblivion.

Again, none of this is to say Garcia can even do these things or TVD cannot. We've seen them COMBINE for less than 30 pass attempts against teams trying to do bad things to them.
I'm not a Phin's fan but Dan Marino was slow as molasses yet his pocket awareness and ability to move within the pocket to avoid trouble was unparalleled.

Advertisement
In this game he only played safety if you noticed and it stuck out to me....because he was a cb i thought the whole time. Maybe because of the Balom, Hall, Avantae Williams being out..but he looked like a rangy *** guy out there. Harrell is big and ran the alley real well to get in on a few tackles. The safeties we have look like they belong when the 3rd string guys look like Harrell and Dunson imo. That position group has alot of talent....because im HIGH as **** on James and Kam Kichens.

*I think with us getting James alot of people underestimated or didnt value Kam....I knew from day 1 he would challenge for reps...his Football IQ has been through the roof since high school Ive always comped him as Jaquan Johnson.
We need another Jaquan Johnson so badly, especially if Manny sticks around. He cleaned up so much on the backend in his career.

He's taken on a similar roll to Jaquan in their first seasons.

Game did more harm then good , we now think we can kick sand in major college faces , what another rude awakening were in for.

Thinking we’re the 2001 Canes , when actually we’re a just terribly weak minded team whom took there frustration out on small subdivision college team whom needed couple hundred grand badly enough to be a sacrificial lamb.

When actually we’re the sacrificial lamb now teams want on there schedule
show me the guy who thinks this? Show me the guy who says we are back in anyway based off of this last game.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but Troutman does not look like a Miami Caliber LB. Good thumper on special teams but He’s so small

TAC on the other hand I thought did and is hopefully our future at MLB
I have no clue how he’ll turn out, but I wish I had a nickel for every guy that was declared “too small” for Miami, give me heart and desire over size all day.

Advertisement
Game did more harm then good , we now think we can kick sand in major college faces , what another rude awakening were in for.

Thinking we’re the 2001 Canes , when actually we’re a just terribly weak minded team whom took there frustration out on small subdivision college team whom needed couple hundred grand badly enough to be a sacrificial lamb.

When actually we’re the sacrificial lamb now teams want on there schedule
What a drama queen.

I've always thought TVD was the much better athlete. It's still too early to make judgments, just making an observation in the limited sample.
These words have never been spoken on CIS

Advertisement
1. TVD doesn't respond well to off-schedule throws. He needs to identify outlets pre-snap and use them to avoid negative plays.
2. Both QBs must play faster because conference play won't afford them much time, but I expect improvement as the year goes on.
3. King should play a WR/RB because he doesn't have the skillset to keep defenses honest or run the offense effectively.
4. Thad Franklin reminds me of Frank Gore without wiggle; his pad level, the way he hits the hole and finishes runs is impressive.

Advertisement
Being a runner and even straight line speed are not the primary traits I look for in a QB's movements, but maybe I'm reading more into Lashlee's comments. Ryan Tanny is a + "athlete" and was even a WR in college. In the open field, he can really run in a straight line. He can barely move off his spot in the pocket, though.

I rather have any non-runner QB who can bounce around in the pocket. Maybe that's mental processing? Maybe it's just early game discomfort? But, it's hard to "trick" short area movements. You either move your *** off the spot or you don't. And, some "great athletes" can barely manage their pocket. Jalen Hurts is a great athlete. I rather watch anything else other than his constant backward drifting into oblivion.

Again, none of this is to say Garcia can even do these things or TVD cannot. We've seen them COMBINE for less than 30 pass attempts against teams trying to do bad things to them.
Slow feet don’t eat at QB and I did the analysis to prove it.

Give me a fast shuttle at QB over a fast 40 any day.

examples, dan marino and peyton manning. ran 7.2 40 yard dash, but could bounce around pretty darn good in the pocket.

Advertisement
Back