Late Kick Josh comes to Miami

Advertisement
Some people don't understand the cultural cleansing this program has needed to be a top shelf program.

This program has been so soft physically and maybe more mentally for basically 20 years.

Any sign of adversity the players just fold like a cheap chair.

Any small run of success goes to their heads, and focus is lost.

We should see signs of the culture change this year, but really see it kick in year 3 imo.
All facts… in the past 10+ years once we got down 10 points in a game our sideline looked completely defeated. 1st quarter, halftime or the 4th quarter, didn’t matter.

Not gonna lie, Mario does come across very genuine and his passion for the game radiates.
The guy is a person you certainly want to work hard for, run through that wall for. Impossible not to root for that.
Really REALLY hope this guy makes this successful.
Can see why he's so good at recruiting.

i asked Josh if Mario requested him to come specifically this week and he said it was "mutual"
Just happened to agree that it would be a good idea to get massive air time promoting the UM facility and program ... a couple days before the largest elite player OV weekend in the last 20 years. Yeah.

Just happened to agree that it would be a good idea to get massive air time promoting the UM facility and program ... a couple days before the largest elite player OV weekend in the last 20 years. Yeah.
i created a thread off this notion lol so yeah

Advertisement
100%

my entire business these days is consulting for supplement and fitness companies. Back in the day I was wondering if the protein and Creatine we were taking was even safe so I ended up making an app that scans **** and educates etc and ended up turning my social platform into an educational one. (It’s why when people talk **** on here I’m like hey man I’m easy to find haha)

So then I got into the bodybuilding space a bit more and was kinda shocked to be honest. I still am shocked every day the amount of **** people take and some you wouldn’t even guess. Women too.

The “natty or not” conversations always crack me up

Maybe he ****ed around with some SARMS or Phs at some point because most guys do when they’re younger but yeah dude just looks like he puts in a ton of work and has for a while to me
So what is truly effective for gaining muscle short of the real thing (you know what i mean). I used creatine a while back and have to admit I made gains strength and weight but it was mostly water and lost right away when I stopped.

Advertisement
So what is truly effective for gaining muscle short of the real thing (you know what i mean). I used creatine a while back and have to admit I made gains strength and weight but it was mostly water and lost right away when I stopped.
You should be taking Creatine every day in my opinion

People have been hung up on a lot of myths about it. There’s emerging studies being proven how good it is for your brain and long term brain health. It’s cheap so just add it to your diet.

The only way to build muscle is to be in a caloric surplus, meeting your protein goals, and practicing progressive overload

One thing I (and pretty much everyone) get stuck in is going through the motions a bit. Progressive overload usually requires some tracking

Take your Creatine though. Definitely.

You should be taking Creatine every day in my opinion

People have been hung up on a lot of myths about it. There’s emerging studies being proven how good it is for your brain and long term brain health. It’s cheap so just add it to your diet.

The only way to build muscle is to be in a caloric surplus, meeting your protein goals, and practicing progressive overload

One thing I (and pretty much everyone) get stuck in is going through the motions a bit. Progressive overload usually requires some tracking

Take your Creatine though. Definitely.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but you mean 3-5 grams of creatine daily right? That’s where I’m at and it has significant helped me

If you’re taking 20 grams a day you’ll need to cycle it right or it can damage your kidneys or something right?

If he reps that much he probably benches 330ish i would think.
You’re probably right. I have long arms and bench is a little more difficult for me so I can hit DBs a bit better. I stopped benching a long time ago though it is somewhat of a useless exercise for me

Advertisement
Correct me if I’m wrong, but you mean 3-5 grams of creatine daily right? That’s where I’m at and it has significant helped me

If you’re taking 20 grams a day you’ll need to cycle it right or it can damage your kidneys or something right?
The kidney thing has thankfully been thoroughly debunked

They used to think it did that because it showed increased creatinine levels which are associated with kidney disorders. But science has proved that’s not the case which is why I think it’s blowing up again all over social media

I kinda compare it to gas in your car. Since it gets stored and used when needed when you hit “saturation” you likely don’t need as much every day to maintain. They used to think the “loading phase” was necessary but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

So yeah where the science points right now just 3-5g of monohydrate (don’t pay for those ****ers peddling better Creatine it’s a lie) per day. If you’re a bigger guy that trains incredibly hard then you might need more but no real data to back it up.

Also I advise anyone that’s vegan/vegetarian to consider supplementing Creatine and choline since you’ll miss it in your diets and it’s proving to be critical for long term health.

Advertisement
You’ll appreciate this

I did a video on TikTok about the truth about Creatine right

first of all tiktok is a **** travesty for fitness and health advice but I literally had a guy arguing with me that you have to be on TRT if you take Creatine

I’m like where do you ****ers come from?
I don't even know how someone would make that up.

I also don't know how anyone would believe it, because it's so unrelated.

The kidney thing has thankfully been thoroughly debunked

They used to think it did that because it showed increased creatinine levels which are associated with kidney disorders. But science has proved that’s not the case which is why I think it’s blowing up again all over social media

I kinda compare it to gas in your car. Since it gets stored and used when needed when you hit “saturation” you likely don’t need as much every day to maintain. They used to think the “loading phase” was necessary but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

So yeah where the science points right now just 3-5g of monohydrate (don’t pay for those ****ers peddling better Creatine it’s a lie) per day. If you’re a bigger guy that trains incredibly hard then you might need more but no real data to back it up.

Also I advise anyone that’s vegan/vegetarian to consider supplementing Creatine and choline since you’ll miss it in your diets and it’s proving to be critical for long term health.
Appreciate the knowledge. Good to know about the kidney risks being debunked as that was one of the main reasons I was hesitant to take it while I was playing. I’m only lifting 3-4x times a week now with my goals being mobility, end range strength, and basically not trying to have a complete Dad bod when I hit 30 in two years. I was aggressively training for work a few years back which is when I started taking creatine and it absolutely saved my body from completely breaking down…at least that’s what I think.

I’m in complete agreement about monohydrate creatine. I do the optimum nutrition one, not expensive and it last a long time. Probably the best deal out there in terms of supplements. My protein has almost doubled in price since the pandemic. I do the zero carb iso pure stuff

I don't even know how someone would make that up.

I also don't know how anyone would believe it, because it's so unrelated.
I post a little bit of content on tiktok just to maintain a presence but stick more to IG because TT is just the most bizarre ****ed up collection of people I’ve ever seen

Advertisement
Back