Late Kick Josh comes to Miami

Yep, same here bro. I’m 42 & I’ve transitioned to more calisthenics based training, but I can still incline 80 lbs at a 10-12 rep range.

The heaviest I ever got to dumbbell pressing in the 10-12 range was 105, and I was 27 at the time. This was w/ no spotter. I’ve never been a meat head who had to yell & put up massive amount of weights for show; my goal was heavy weights to struggle w/, but able to control for max pump in targeted areas.

Also, I feel like there should be a pause in all of that, so to be on the safe side, pause.
That’s awesome man

For me at 43 I probably feel better than when I was in my 20s just keeping in the gym but also getting my mind right over the years. It’s cool to see 40+ guys changing the narrative because some guys I went to school with look old as **** because they don’t prioritize health. Even the basics man.

I was throwing around the 120s on the incline today feeling pretty good. I haven’t gone the TRT path yet (never done PEDs just was always worried about test suppression) but I’ll keep monitoring it. If I can feel like this for the next 15-20+ years that would be fantastic

Advertisement
That’s awesome man

For me at 43 I probably feel better than when I was in my 20s just keeping in the gym but also getting my mind right over the years. It’s cool to see 40+ guys changing the narrative because some guys I went to school with look old as **** because they don’t prioritize health. Even the basics man.

I was throwing around the 120s on the incline today feeling pretty good. I haven’t gone the TRT path yet (never done PEDs just was always worried about test suppression) but I’ll keep monitoring it. If I can feel like this for the next 15-20+ years that would be fantastic

Dude 120 on an incline is monsterous!!!

Bro, it’s funny u say that b/c that’s exactly how I feel. What I’m able to do today is waaaaaay more impressive than when I was in my 20’s.

I did a push up/pull up challenge w/ this kid on my block who’s 23. He’s always talking so I invited him to my back yard. I told him if he could do 100 pull ups & 200 push ups in 10 mins, I’ll give him $100 right now. He said it’s impossible, so I proceeded to do it in 9:45. Bro, got to 40 pull ups & 70 push ups & start gassing. Lol. He’s a smoker, too, & I told him take care of ur body today youngin so u’ll be around tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bro, it’s funny u say that b/c that’s exactly how I feel. What I’m able to do today is waaaaaay more impressive than when I was in my 20’s.

I did a push up/pull up challenge w/ this kid on my block who’s 23. He’s always talking so I invited him to my back yard. I told him if he could do 100 pull ups & 200 push ups in 10 mins, I’ll give him $100 right now. He said it’s impossible, so I proceeded to do it in 9:45. Bro, got to 40 pull ups & 70 push ups & start gassing. Lol. He’s a smoker, too, & I told him take of ur body today youngin so u’ll be around tomorrow.
yeah the DBs have always been stronger for me. I can bench a decent amount but I’ve got long arms and bench doesn’t do anything other than you get to tell people how much you bench

Probably 10 years ago I got really really serious about it all after always being somewhat into it and the whole thing led me down a path I could have never imagined. Starting businesses and meeting incredible people.

I’m a firm believer that people that take their health seriously or like to hit the gym are just more successful in life in general because they are always pushing themselves.

How old is Josh mid 30’s?

130s isn’t anything to scoff at he looks natty
There was a typo or something a year or two ago in some article that said Pate was 52 yrs old. Was funny as a few people actually believed it and I believe Pate played along for a little bit. But I think you're right and he's like 35.

Advertisement

I did a push up/pull up challenge w/ this kid on my block who’s 23. He’s always talking so I invited him to my back yard. I told him if he could do 100 pull ups & 200 push ups in 10 mins, I’ll give him $100 right now. He said it’s impossible, so I proceeded to do it in 9:45. Bro, got to 40 pull ups & 70 push ups & start gassing. Lol. He’s a smoker, too, & I told him take of ur body today youngin so u’ll be around tomorrow.
10pullups & 20 pushups EMOM is very impressive, especially for 10mins. You gotta be in extremely good shape and train pullups a **** load to be able to do that. Especially if you are doing all the pullups 100% proper of going deadhang-chin above bar.

next up for ya 1,000 pullups in <2.5 hours like this guy

There was a typo or something a year or two ago in some article that said Pate was 52 yrs old. Was funny as a few people actually believed it and I believe Pate played along for a little bit. But I think you're right and he's like 35.
That’s amazing. He could have turned that 52 year old mistake into some major sponsorships

Also a card carrying member of the "Better at (almost) 40 than 20" Club.

snoop dogg fist GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

Advertisement
Also a card carrying member of the "Better at (almost) 40 than 20" Club.

snoop dogg fist GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards
**** yeah.

It’s the mental part for me. I was a good student, lots of friends, sports etc but struggled mentally with demons. Tried to commit suicide when I was 17 and it took me over 20 years to talk about it and get it out.

You get to your 40s and life just makes more sense on every level so if you are healthy as well you’re good to go.

Anyway….major thread derailment here just a passionate topic of mine to speak about.

**** yeah.

It’s the mental part for me. I was a good student, lots of friends, sports etc but struggled mentally with demons. Tried to commit suicide when I was 17 and it took me over 20 years to talk about it and get it out.

You get to your 40s and life just makes more sense on every level so if you are healthy as well you’re good to go.

Anyway….major thread derailment here just a passionate topic of mine to speak about.
Glad you found your way out.

Advertisement
**** yeah.

Glad to hear, bro. We're due for a hangout. When are you coming by the area again?

Glad to hear, bro. We're due for a hangout. When are you coming by the area again?
I like to get up that way every few months. I drove up there a few weeks back for a quick little trip. Flights from SC to DC were like $1,500 for the two of us I’m like come the **** on 😂

On principle I couldn’t do it

I’ll keep ya posted but I definitely want to get up there when we are playing and catch a game with you

Bro, any time u hit 80 lbs, it’s impressive. When u get to 100, that’s eye popping. It ain’t too many professional body builders I’ve met & trained w/ that picked up 130 & start dumbbell pressing, let alone w/ no spot!!! I’m hella, hella impressed!
I don’t know too many natural lifters pressing 130’s. It’s incredibly impressive.

Advertisement
Bro, any time u hit 80 lbs, it’s impressive. When u get to 100, that’s eye popping. It ain’t too many professional body builders I’ve met & trained w/ that picked up 130 & start dumbbell pressing, let alone w/ no spot!!! I’m hella, hella impressed!
This. That alone should question natty status. Not sure why dude said he looks natty he is jacked.

This. That alone should question natty status. Not sure why dude said he looks natty he is jacked.
it’s a compliment

Dude is jacked and puts in serious work

But when you’re around enough people on gear you know what they look like

I think he’s natty which is even more impressive

If you think you gotta be on gear to push 130s then I’m not sure what to tell ya

Advertisement
Back