Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Advertisement
Does he dress and look like this as some kind of inside joke? Or is this really who he is? He looks like Cuba Gooding in Radio

And I get that he's into fashion and all, but doesn't he realize that houndstooth is pretty much an "Alabama-only" thing (for collegiate logo attire)?

Advertisement

Smalls is the recruit the gator wasted time on like JoRn Richt did on that QB that went to Oregon or Penn State and busted - Michael Johnson????? Did this guy bust as well?

Looks like Neon is picking up some players not limited to DB. Any good ones?

Smalls is the recruit the gator wasted time on like JoRn Richt did on that QB that went to Oregon or Penn State and busted - Michael Johnson????? Did this guy bust as well?

Looks like Neon is picking up some players not limited to DB. Any good ones?
Maybe three all conference players from their previous school. Maybe 3 starters from other schools. Over half never started a game at their previous schools. About three signees on defense do not have ten total career tackles between all of them. But what they all got in common is all we’re former 4 and 5* players. I will say he may hit on 5-7 good ones out their whole class of transfers

Advertisement
Maybe three all conference players from their previous school. Maybe 3 starters from other schools. Over half never started a game at their previous schools. About three signees on defense do not have ten total career tackles between all of them. But what they all got in common is all we’re former 4 and 5* players. I will say he may hit on 5-7 good ones out their whole class of transfers
Interesting approach. He’s going with guys who had raw talent and trying to get something different out of them than their previous stops.

Did he not watch what happened to Mel Tucker the year after he got Manny fired? MSU went straight back to not being a contender. Loading up most of your roster does not work beyond 1 season and even then is not a guarantee for any success.

Advertisement
Did he not watch what happened to Mel Tucker the year after he got Manny fired? MSU went straight back to not being a contender. Loading up most of your roster does not work beyond 1 season and even then is not a guarantee for any success.
Agree it's only one class they have major issues

I think with the 25 limit lifted, you can probably do both.

You can both bring in a big high school recruiting class , and do what Tucker did that year.

As long as you’re processing guys out. Which he has done to the extreme.

Advertisement
Interesting approach. He’s going with guys who had raw talent and trying to get something different out of them than their previous stops.

Yes. Plus there is an element of star-chasing which he MIGHT be harnessing for legit recruiting purposes. For the 2024 signing class (and maybe 2025 as well) Coach Slimetime can point at "highly-rated" guys and act as if that is the "Colorado standard" of excellence, regardless of how many wins they have, regardless of how many of those guys are developing into actually decent starters.

Maybe it will work for a couple of years. I think he is betting that if he can pump the cannon full of Portal fodder, he'll get a big enough bang that it will translate into high school recruiting. We shall see...

I think with the 25 limit lifted, you can probably do both.

You can both bring in a big high school recruiting class , and do what Tucker did that year.

As long as you’re processing guys out. Which he has done to the extreme.

Yeah you can do both for one more cycle. He needs a lot of kids with 3 years left to supplement the recruiting class he kicked out.

Advertisement
Back