Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

It’s not that serious my friend. This is a message board. Just calling a spade a spade for not just you, but also others. Your size doesn’t really concern me as number one I’m not some small pencil neck guy myself. Number two I’m a Dad of five and mature enough to realize you don’t waste your time confronting people about something they said on a message board or put yourself or your family in that type of situation over something silly. That’s some helpful advice before you making those kids.
I don’t need any advice from you brother just like I didn’t need your comment from earlier. Where I come from words mean things, but thank you! Continue to be a great father to your five kids. Play with them and not me. I mean how mature can you be to insinuate that a man you don’t know goes down on other men? But anyways, Bless. I want no problems

Advertisement
7knazk.jpg

He's got 3 years of eligibility and @Memnon was very high on his upside during the recruiting cycle. This one doesn't seem like just going after names to me (and I'm probably Deion's harshest critic). What happened at FSU that he hit the portal?
To be fair, if you are doing what Deion is doing then you should be signing players with 3-4 years left that have high upside.

He's got 3 years of eligibility and @Memnon was very high on his upside during the recruiting cycle. This one doesn't seem like just going after names to me (and I'm probably Deion's harshest critic). What happened at FSU that he hit the portal?
People eventually have to use the bathroom, and the portal provided a pathway to modern facilities. Or facilities whatsoever.

Ends after this coming cycle (‘24 class)

They would be incredibly stupid to keep it. I doubt they would. It was mostly because of COVID aftermath.
Is there any leeway offered for a team that loses - let’s say 63 kids to the portal? Or is the 25 cap a hard number?

Advertisement
He either is very misinformed and poorly guided or his plan is 3 years and out.

Because the more 1 and 2 year guys he takes his roster is going to be a disaster when the counter rules kick back in. Unless I read dates/years wrong.

If he can go from 2 or 3 wins to 5 or 6 wins by year 2 he is going be out of there the minute some bigger desperate program comes calling. Maybe a middle-of-the-road SEC school who is looking in 2 years. (South Carolina if Beamer doesnt capitalize on these recruiting classes?)

Because the more 1 and 2 year guys he takes his roster is going to be a disaster when the counter rules kick back in. Unless I read dates/years wrong.

If he can go from 2 or 3 wins to 5 or 6 wins by year 2 he is going be out of there the minute some bigger desperate program comes calling. Maybe a middle-of-the-road SEC school who is looking in 2 years. (South Carolina if Beamer doesnt capitalize on these recruiting classes?)
Of course his plan is 3 years and out like it was at JSU. Deion is in this for himself, he doesn’t care about anything else.

Advertisement

No, you are pretty accurate in your assessment.

Look, there are plenty of coaches whom I'd like to see have some success in their development as head coaches. Coach Neon is not one of them.

And I realize "what he is trying to do". But it's misguided and stupid.

"Sixty-three kids" didn't contribute to that 1-11 record. And to come in and act like you can dump nearly 100% of a college roster just because you want to do so...is insane. Even if a current anomaly in the rulebook permits you to do so.

I know there is a "technicality" to the current rules which gives Coach Neon the right to do what he is doing. There is also a spirit behind the rules that has existed for decades, which has allowed non-professional college athletes not to be kicked out of school due to the whims of a millionaire coach brought in to replace another millionaire coach. What Coach Neon is doing is not right, even if it is allowed under the rules.

All those freshmen at Colorado...they didn't contribute to 1-11. And it's not right for Coach Neon to ignore them, to NOT coach them, and to lie to them about their prospects of continuing to practice and play with the team.

I realize that Coach Neon thinks he can bring in 63 new players and suddenly fix what was wrong. But even with schools that have taken 10 or 20 Portal guys at one time, we've seen every school have their Portal hits and misses. And if you take 63 guys from the Portal, how many guys will stick? An ordinary Portal "hit rate" for schools NOT ranked in the Top 10 is about 30-40%, and maaaaybe 50% if you really nail it. Once Coach Neon is limited to 25 new players per year, he's going to have a very hard time balancing his roster. Those are just mathematical facts.

So, hey, "good luck" Coach Neon. I'm obviously being sarcastic. I honestly don't think he wins more than 2 games, he has a tough schedule and just like Miami has seen for the past 2 decades, every opponent is going to want to treat the game like it's their "Super Bowl", in order to inflict maximum humiliation on Colorado.

But I'm gonna let the delusional "if he can win 6 or 7 games" crowd have their delusions for a little while longer. I don't care. If you want to fellate Coach Neon, who am I to stop you? At least it's limited to this one slimy thread.

Advertisement
people need to stop talking about him going to FSU buddy going to need to make a major turn around at CO for the people that matter to let him coach there ( they hate him). Winning 3-4 games ain't going to do it and his son won't be there 2 years from now to carry his offense, when he may have the roster ready to compete in more than a few games.

people need to stop talking about him going to FSU buddy going to need to make a major turn around at CO for the people that matter to let him coach there ( they hate him). Winning 3-4 games ain't going to do it and his son won't be there 2 years from now to carry his offense, when he may have the roster ready to compete in more than a few games.
Yeah exactly. He’s gambling on his son to carry him to his next job and it probably won’t work out

Advertisement
I always appreciated watching Deon in the pro’s even though he was a nole. He has bought into his own hype and I can’t stand him now. So happy this many people are going to see what a joke he is.

Advertisement
Back