Last Chance fsU new season starts today.

all the juco coaches are asses--they think they are big time because big time programs feed off of them--but they are just glorious high school coaches really

Advertisement
Lmao the head coach is an absolute joke...."only white mfer in an all blood neighborhood"....trying too hard to relate to his players

I mean he is from compton...Most of his players arent even from those impoverished areas. The **** 22 yr old wr is an only child from suburban houston that is a f*ck up...and his mom paid out thousands of dollars to have him on the juco circuit..smoking weed shooting the breeze.

You either get it, or you don't.

Thats not an insult your way...I think you just need to have met and associated with a Coach Brown type to get it. The presentation doesn't match the intention. I'm sure it comes off poorly, and he isn't a saint, but that is the way he interacts with that demographic. If you compare and contrast Brown to Buddy from EMCC, there are a lot of similarities, but ultimately the intent and authenticity between the two couldn't be further apart.

He reminds me of countless Miami-Dade Pop Warner coaches, and thats not an insult at either.

Which is why i didnt even get it..while reading the thread b4 watching the show. If i had a pick i would pick this guy over the Buddy guy from Scooba. But i grew up and played in s.fla. I actually initially thought Brown was kind of "soft" two episodes in..because NO s.fla coach would have allowed Malik henry to talk like that...and call him BRO after. Even though i knew the connectionw as they both shared the same mentor. Dude was looking out for the Carlos dude and drove his *** to california to another juco...Buddy from scooba wasnt doing that.

Which is why i didnt even get it..while reading the thread b4 watching the show. If i had a pick i would pick this guy over the Buddy guy from Scooba. But i grew up and played in s.fla. I actually initially thought Brown was kind of "soft" two episodes in..because NO s.fla coach would have allowed Malik henry to talk like that...and call him BRO after. Even though i knew the connectionw as they both shared the same mentor. Dude was looking out for the Carlos dude and drove his *** to california to another juco...Buddy from scooba wasnt doing that.
Coach brown was funny as **** especially with him being from Compton lol. I could tolerate him more than buddy From east Mississippi for sure

Malik thinks he’s too good to be there, but isn’t impressive at all in games.

I guess he has the excuse that his QB coach should be coaching 10 year old soccer, but if he was any good, he’d be dominating with two D1 wideouts and running backs.

Advertisement

JUCO scene is ripe for weird relationships. Coaches need the players to produce wins and they can't dog out players because that is ultimately their only sell...they send them (back) to D1. The players need the coaches just enough to get good film and not to fvck around too much where the coaches won't dime them out for the bullshyt they do. When the recruiters come, its all positive. No talk of failed drug tests, ****** grades, etc. Weird relationship, I assume, everywhere on the JUCO scene that can be toxic and very dysfunctional.

If Brown had anyone else and didn't have a connection to Henry, I would have assumed he'd have booted Henry off the roster long before. Like he ultimately did with Kingston Davis.

I know about them but I’m speaking on the traditional jr colleges. I could imagine the teams from Broward and Dade alone

I honestly don't know if it would work. I don't see those kids staying out of trouble while being so close to home.

Advertisement
True I was trying to think positive

I used to think the same way...
Like ****, that program would be loaded.

But the more I thought about it, I was like "how the **** they gonna keep a bunch of knuckleheads focused in the city of Miami?"

I love this series in general, but when you look back at EMCC and they seem like D1 compared to this stuff you know something is wrong.
This seems to be a much more honest look at what JC football really is at most places.

Not nearly as many easy to like kids on this team as were previous.

I couldn't make it through the third episode.

Advertisement
I used to think the same way...
Like ****, that program would be loaded.

But the more I thought about it, I was like "how the **** they gonna keep a bunch of knuckleheads focused in the city of Miami?"

Let's ask Greg Bryant what he thinks of this topic.

Anybody else catch when Emmitt Gooden was signing with Tennessee and his whole family was there and he said something about Pruitt, Coach Brown said "Yeah just hopefully he doesn't ***** you". And everyone laughed. I was in tears. So crazy, literally everyone knows that dude cannot keep his **** in his pants.

Advertisement
Keep watching... It gets better

I'll probably give it another shot one night when I've got nothing to do but I found it so hard to like anybody on that show. I'm usually good for a redemption story but the kids they seem to focus most on are all entitled pricks and the coach is a dufus. I found myself wanting everyone to fail.

The guys that watch this schit have the same brains as the women that watch the kartrashians and any housewives show.

I'll probably give it another shot one night when I've got nothing to do but I found it so hard to like anybody on that show. I'm usually good for a redemption story but the kids they seem to focus most on are all entitled pricks and the coach is a dufus. I found myself wanting everyone to fail.

My opinion on the coach and most of the players changed by the end. Guys like Gooden and Boyd are good dudes, they just struggle in class. Even Malik Henry, he's a douche but I just felt bad for him by the end. There's a scene with him and his dad eating together and you can just tell he hates playing football

The guys that watch this schit have the same brains as the women that watch the kartrashians and any housewives show.

Have you actually watched the show? It's very different from Kardashians/Housewives/Anything on Bravo. I know so because my wife watches that crap and I literally gag each time im in the room for more than 5 minutes while she's watching it. Those shows are all about petty arguments and wealth extravagance. Last Chance U is a show about underdogs and the struggles they face--albeit sometimes self-induced--to achieve the American dream of playing profesional football. It reminds me alot of the scores of Pop Warner legends in Miami that never make it out of the hood despite having enormous God-given talent.

Advertisement
Back