Lashlee Failed His Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
If you were anywhere near Sec 148 after the second to the last possession of the game, you heard someone yelling at the top of his lungs "Lashlee, you failed your players. They deserve better:" Repeatedly. And loud. Some starting OL players sitting on the bench turned around and so did a few support staff. Lashlee heard the guy, moved closer to the field and hid and kneeled behind a few support guys.

On at least two separate occasions he betrayed and failed his players this game. On the final possession of the first half with two timeouts in his pocket and with TVD moving the ball well and the ball at the twenty, he runs the ball on second and third down with inside zone runs and doesn't get the first down. We punt, they go on score and take the lead (manny gifted them a TO). Awful.

On the second to the final possession of the game, on first down and with 8 guys in the box he calls an absurd run play that causes TVD to fall down and lose 3. On second and 13, with 8 guys in the box he calls a stupid pass play to Knighton who loses 4. Now its third and 17. Of course on third down he runs again for two yards. Now we are punting from the back of the endzone. Awful.

The team that loses aggression loses the game. He should have learned that a long time ago.

Advertisement
If you were anywhere near Sec 148 after the second to the last possession of the game, you heard someone yelling at the top of his lungs "Lashlee, you failed your players. They deserve better:" Repeatedly. And loud. Some starting OL players sitting on the bench turned around and so did a few support staff. Lashlee heard the guy, moved closer to the field and hid and kneeled behind a few support guys.

On at least two separate occasions he betrayed and failed his players this game. On the final possession of the first half with two timeouts in his pocket and with TVD moving the ball well and the ball at the twenty, he runs the ball on second and third down with inside zone runs and doesn't get the first down. We punt, they go on score and take the lead (manny gifted them a TO). Awful.

On the second to the final possession of the game, on first down and with 8 guys in the box he calls an absurd run play that causes TVD to fall down and lose 3. On second and 13, with 8 guys in the box he calls a stupid pass play to Knighton who loses 4. Now its third and 17. Of course on third down he runs again for two yards. Now we are punting from the back of the endzone. Awful.

The team that loses aggression loses the game. He should have learned that a long time ago.
Good job trolling him sir, congrats.

Advertisement
We scored 42 against UNC which should have been enough to win and we should have won that UVA game if Manny didnt get conservative and just try to get out of there with the FG.

Lashlee hasnt made the quantum leap I thought he would with this offense in his 2nd year but I cant place alot of the blame on him. Manny needs to get in his ear and start telling him to be more aggressive. Hes the HC even though he has given Lashlee the keys to the offense. Its his call in the end not Lashlees.

Lashlee needs more movement in his offense, if you look at the plays where we sent players in motion most of them were big positive plays for chunk yards or TDs.. Not sure why we dont do more of that instead of just going fast to run inside zone..

Advertisement
This was a mixed bag for Lash. For a lot of the game, I thought he made some really nice calls. They stretched the field more, used the middle of the field more, he gave TVD some nice/safe plays on important downs, etc. OTOH, his 2-4 min offense is dreadful.

How much of this is manny the fraud having faith in his defense? I’m interested because enos looks much better without input from the mayors son.

Advertisement
This was a mixed bag for Lash. For a lot of the game, I thought he made some really nice calls. They stretched the field more, used the middle of the field more, he gave TVD some nice/safe plays on important downs, etc. OTOH, his 2-4 min offense is dreadful.
Agree. He clearly has some situational sense and his play design concepts aren’t terrible. The wheel to rooster was well set up and executed for example. Some other calls baffled me.

Loved your second to last sentence, spoke volumes 🙌

Advertisement
Agree. He clearly has some situational sense and his play design concepts aren’t terrible. The wheel to rooster was well set up and executed for example. Some other calls baffled me.
No doubt he makes some great play calls. Then he runs dives up the middle on 1st and 2nd down for no gains or losses.

I’ve seen interviews where he said some of his calls are to set up other plays. I can agree with that but don’t see how 2 RB dives in a row is setting up something else.

Last edited:
LOL Lashlee, the guy a lot of people on this board had anointed as Head Coach material and already hoping we could extend his contract, praying he’d stay another year or two.

It's not incredibly easy to call offense when, in situations where the defense knows you're going to run in short-yardage, you literally cannot even get back to the LOS.

Now, he should know this by now, and either not call it, run something wide, run the QB power (I think we'd see a lot more of this if we had a backup QB), or throw. But it's hard, on 3rd and a half a yard, to not call inside zone. Your brain tells you that you should be able to get half a yard. But we're absolutely incapable of doing so.

Overall though, the offense has been disappointing and I think that's a fair criticism. Other side of the coin though, two things I liked Saturday night. First, we *FINALLY* scored a TD on an opening possession. I believe it had been 9 games since we did so. Nice change, obviously. And secondly, the 3rd down throw that ended the game on the last drive. You would think that would be an easy call, but sooooo many coordinators would have called something safe there, made sure the clock kept running, and punted. I loved that he put the ball in his QBs hands to make a play, and we finally did. Good teams do not give the ball back to their opponents in that situation, and we found a way to hold it. It didn't look promising after 1st and 2nd down, but the mission was accomplished.

I thought overall Saturday was a step in the right direction. Only the 2nd time all year NC State gave up 400+ yards, and the most points they've surrendered all year. Can't be too mad at that. But we've got to continue to get better.

What is more likely:

Manny grows a pair (after the tail tuck to close the 1st half) and tells Lashlee to be aggressive and try to get a first down or two and play to win.

OR

Manny told Lashlee to be conservative and run clock so Manny and his false bravado can put the game in the defense’s hands to make a stop to win the game.

I‘m definitely going with the latter. Ballsy for betting on yourself. But stupid as **** considering NC State only needed a field goal to win, tucking our tail sacrificing field position.

We somehow won this game even with Manny and this coaching staff. The amateur hour coaching decisions are borderline impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back