Lashlee Failed His Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were anywhere near Sec 148 after the second to the last possession of the game, you heard someone yelling at the top of his lungs "Lashlee, you failed your players. They deserve better:" Repeatedly. And loud. Some starting OL players sitting on the bench turned around and so did a few support staff. Lashlee heard the guy, moved closer to the field and hid and kneeled behind a few support guys.

On at least two separate occasions he betrayed and failed his players this game. On the final possession of the first half with two timeouts in his pocket and with TVD moving the ball well and the ball at the twenty, he runs the ball on second and third down with inside zone runs and doesn't get the first down. We punt, they go on score and take the lead (manny gifted them a TO). Awful.

On the second to the final possession of the game, on first down and with 8 guys in the box he calls an absurd run play that causes TVD to fall down and lose 3. On second and 13, with 8 guys in the box he calls a stupid pass play to Knighton who loses 4. Now its third and 17. Of course on third down he runs again for two yards. Now we are punting from the back of the endzone. Awful.

The team that loses aggression loses the game. He should have learned that a long time ago.
Was in 149 and heard nada... doubt Lashlee heard it either.

Advertisement
We scored 42 against UNC which should have been enough to win and we should have won that UVA game if Manny didnt get conservative and just try to get out of there with the FG.

Lashlee hasnt made the quantum leap I thought he would with this offense in his 2nd year but I cant place alot of the blame on him. Manny needs to get in his ear and start telling him to be more aggressive. Hes the HC even though he has given Lashlee the keys to the offense. Its his call in the end not Lashlees.
The defense scored 7 of those points. 4 TD's and 3 INT's for the offense.

The defense scored 7 of those points. 4 TD's and 3 INT's for the offense.
Fair rebuttal. With a halfway decent defense, 35 should have still be enough. It was enough for FSU to beat them. (35-25) And we should have won that UVA game.

Lashlee isnt perfect, but he isnt the problem either as I am starting to find out as the weeks go on. He is as conservative as Manny allows him to be. If Manny wants him to pump up the volume...get in his ear and tell him so! WTF are they wearing the headsets for?

If you were anywhere near Sec 148 after the second to the last possession of the game, you heard someone yelling at the top of his lungs "Lashlee, you failed your players. They deserve better:" Repeatedly. And loud. Some starting OL players sitting on the bench turned around and so did a few support staff. Lashlee heard the guy, moved closer to the field and hid and kneeled behind a few support guys.

On at least two separate occasions he betrayed and failed his players this game. On the final possession of the first half with two timeouts in his pocket and with TVD moving the ball well and the ball at the twenty, he runs the ball on second and third down with inside zone runs and doesn't get the first down. We punt, they go on score and take the lead (manny gifted them a TO). Awful.

On the second to the final possession of the game, on first down and with 8 guys in the box he calls an absurd run play that causes TVD to fall down and lose 3. On second and 13, with 8 guys in the box he calls a stupid pass play to Knighton who loses 4. Now its third and 17. Of course on third down he runs again for two yards. Now we are punting from the back of the endzone. Awful.

The team that loses aggression loses the game. He should have learned that a long time ago.
Dude is Toilet Water after a bowel movement...

Advertisement
you can be disappointed in Lashlee for his work this season. But This ain't a valid complaint. Manny dictates whether we attempt to score at thre end of the half or not. The screen pass when backed up up is play we saw work already and puts rooster in space. it just didn't work that last time.

Art Win GIF by Dylan Bounce

Man..so Lashlee has forgotten football since a year ago..man had kosi looking like a top tier P5 starter😂

you can be disappointed in Lashlee for his work this season. But This ain't a valid complaint. Manny dictates whether we attempt to score at thre end of the half or not. The screen pass when backed up up is play we saw work already and puts rooster in space. it just didn't work that last time.
I don’t think manny touches the offense at all. Aside from game management..and even then I think manny trust Rhett to handle that. That’s most HCs anyway

Advertisement
More importantly, WHY are you still going to the games?!

I don’t think manny touches the offense at all. Aside from game management..and even then I think manny trust Rhett to handle that. That’s most HCs anyway
I agree he isnt touching at calls. (I hope anyway) But he absolutely has to decide end of half decisions. Manny has to decide whether we play to score or not.

Advertisement
Manny is definitely not most head coaches when it comes to football smarts. He uses his so called situational analysis way to much. I absolutely believe he has told Lashlee to go conservative when we should have kept the foot on the gas.

Some interesting talk on a podcast last night about who may have been calling plays... speculation that maybe Likens was calling plays this week. Interesting theory; he is the passing game coordinator and has done it before. I think this came up because the play calling was SO different than it had been in the prior 5 games....

Some interesting talk on a podcast last night about who may have been calling plays... speculation that maybe Likens was calling plays this week. Interesting theory; he is the passing game coordinator and has done it before. I think this came up because the play calling was SO different than it had been in the prior 5 games....

Lashlee was definitely calling the plays, although we did play more deliberate with our pace so its possible there was more collaboration.

Advertisement
Manny is definitely not most head coaches when it comes to football smarts. He uses his so called situational analysis way to much. I absolutely believe he has told Lashlee to go conservative when we should have kept the foot on the gas.

Why would you believe that without a shred of evidence or rational logic behind it.

I agree he isnt touching at calls. (I hope anyway) But he absolutely has to decide end of half decisions. Manny has to decide whether we play to score or not.
I think most teams who defer tend to be more aggressive depending on the situation at the end of the half. For the most part under manny we’ve tried to be aggressive on our last 2 possessions befor the half
You need to stop assuming..your making a *** of yourself with that one😂. No offense meant

Why would you believe that without a shred of evidence or rational logic behind i

Why would you believe that without a shred of evidence or rational logic behind it.
End of game moving the ball against Va the go conservative. Had them on their heels and go conservative BS. Last 3 minutes of first half against St. Effectively moved ball most of first half and then go conservative BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back