Lashlee and the SMU Canes(y'all words, not mine)...

Hopefully Miami has a road game at SMU next year. Only 200 miles away from me. Wishing the former Canes the best, unless they are playing us.

Advertisement
I actually appreciate this thread. A lot of people are fond of throwing out that our former players do absolutely nothing when they leave here without any context. People just accept them at their word. This could be a thread that proves such statements as true or not.
I think some people like you and myself like these threads for an entirely different reason than some of our fans. I don’t have any ill will towards these guys and it’s cool to keep up with them and see how they continue their careers

Other people just get hard up to fit things into bizarre narratives that have been talked about way too **** much in the first place

Yeah still kinda strange why he left tho. He was going to get playing time. I think it had something to do with trying to make him a DT or something.
When he was on the field last year He was playing a lot of End for us..it was a head scratcher for me as well

I think some people like you and myself like these threads for an entirely different reason than some of our fans. I don’t have any ill will towards these guys and it’s cool to keep up with them and see how they continue their careers

Other people just get hard up to fit things into bizarre narratives that have been talked about way too **** much in the first place

The weird part, they hate or dislike someome that leaves but welcome those who did the same **** thing to another team. It didn't work out for whomever wherever, so good luck at the next stop (or they're going to a better fit or situation for them) whether they're incoming or outgoing. At least that's what the transfer is thinking.

People should always want to see people succeed rather than fail. The world becomes a better place for it.

Advertisement
I looked at SMU's depth chart and saw that Jakai is a second-string guard. I will admit it. I did not understand how bad last year's O-line was until I saw this year's line play against M-Oh. Campbell was the best O-lineman, and even he faked an injury to avoid playing FSU. Our starting center is a G5 back-up guard. I get it now.
I just heard @DMoney make this point (about Clark) on the podcast. He might have said it first, but I did not bite. Sweartogod I just heard it this afternoon.

The weird part, they hate or dislike someome that leaves but welcome those who did the same **** thing to another team. It didn't work out for whomever wherever, so good luck at the next stop (or they're going to a better fit or situation for them) whether they're incoming or outgoing. At least that's what the transfer is thinking.

People should always want to see people succeed rather than fail. The world becomes a better place for it.

I always root for the former Canes, whether it’s Cager or even Willie Williams at Louisville.

Then there are the Lingards…. Exceptions to every rule.

Majority of these kids all picked us, put faith in our program and wanted to make us a better team/school. For differing reasons, it didn’t work out. Look at a guy like Arthur Brown. How can you fault him?

Advertisement
Why do we care about any of these student athletes?
Episode 7 Idk GIF by UFC

I always root for the former Canes, whether it’s Cager or even Willie Williams at Louisville.

Majority of these kids all picked us, put faith in our program and wanted to make us a better team/school. For differing reasons, it didn’t work out. Look at a guy like Arthur Brown. How can you fault him?
Kobe Bryant GIF

I even forgive Lingard. Happy for him that he found a home at Akron. If he continues to be a tool it’s on him. But he picked the good guys over the lizards coming out of IMG and he was never going to play much at Miami so who cares that he transferred there afterwards.

As far as Brinson, kid is clearly immature. But bad coaches can magnify those bad behaviors. His WR coach was Gattass. Let that sink in. Lashlee gave him a second chance along with Keyshawn so I wish him luck too.

We’ve had so many failed 4 and 5 stars over the last 2 decades I’ve come to believe it’s as much our staphs and our kulture as it is on the kid. Equal fault. Sometimes a change benefits everyone.

Advertisement
On the defensive side of the ball, the stats didn't tell the full story. If you saw the game, Roberts and Jordan Miller were extremely disruptive. Even the announcers were talking about it. ... I really like our DL right now. But we could have used both of them, especially Miller.

like left handed pitching in baseball, you can never have enough quality big bodies...

Brinson was pushed out. **** him he ******* sucks.

I don’t know why some fans want to crap on former players who left the program. Unless the player trashed the program on the way out I wish him nothing but the best unless he’s playing against us.

Same for most coaches.

Lashlee did a good job here, all things considered, and got the most out of TVD. he simply left when Manny was fired, and a HC job was offered where he once was an assistant. Good for him, and I doubt Mario was going to keep retain him anyway. Josh Gattis, on the other hand, is another story. F-him.

The only former head coach I have some dislike for is Dennis Erickson. Yes, he won two NCs here, but mostly with Johnson’s players. He let the program grow out of control, i.e. the Pell Grant Scandal, was a poor recruiter, and left the program in disarray. He was in charge so bears the responsibility.

I think Larry Coker was over his head, and I don’t really blame him for much. He was offered a job and took it. I don’t think he was a bad person. The Administration was more responsible for the demise of the program.

Jimmy’s long-term goal was to the coach in the NFL and took a vantage of an opportunity when his longtime friend bought the Cowboys. I only disliked that he went to the Cowboys, because I disliked the Cowboys. That was a hard pill to swallow.

Had the Administration that screwed him over Extend his contract. I believe Butch would’ve stayed longer and reaped the rewards of the effort made rebuilding the program, and won a few national championships. Then take a shot of the NFL. After all, he’s been on two Super Bowl staffs with Jimmy and sooner or later the right offer would’ve come. No one would’ve blamed him.

I only wish Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis have not left. Imagine the run Miami could’ve had if Jimmy stuck around five or six more seasons before taking his shot at the NFL, only to turn the program over to Butch? Assuming he wouldn’t take Davis with him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back