Lashlee and the SMU Canes(y'all words, not mine)...

I have no hate for kids that transferred out cause they wasn’t good enough, and couldn’t get on the field. However, there are exceptions. Leaving Miami for one of our main rivals (UiF, FSU, or ND) is that exception. I can’t wish you well. I don’t hope for an injury or nothing, but that player ceases to exist, in my mind.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke plays Monday so we’ll have to see if Blades plays but

J Garcia didn’t play in a blowout Missouri win
D Jackson Can’t play for FSU
Campbell had a nice block for a Tennessee TD
K Rogers didn’t play in a blowout Miss St win
Tae Williams didn’t play in a blowout Maryland win
Dunson had 4 tackles for Baylor
Freirson didn’t play for Louisville (played but didn’t record a stat)
Jake is in the portal.

I have no hate for kids that transferred out cause they wasn’t good enough, and couldn’t get on the field. However, there are exceptions. Leaving Miami for one of our main rivals (UiF, FSU, or ND) is that exception. I can’t wish you well. I don’t hope for an injury ir nothing, but that player ceases to exist, in my mind.
Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

Peace to all these JAGS, they were the reason I went into depression and hated life the last few years. We have ballers now we upgraded and will continue to upgrade.

Advertisement
I looked at SMU's depth chart and saw that Jakai is a second-string guard. I will admit it. I did not understand how bad last year's O-line was until I saw this year's line play against M-Oh. Campbell was the best O-lineman, and even he faked an injury to avoid playing FSU.
What?

lashlee helped transform our offense but our running game sucked when he was here. was the same ypc as we had with gattis
Y’all don’t really think before y’all type. Yes his running game sucked with the talent he had to work with. You think his running game that’s mostly successful at the level he plays at would have sucked with a *checks notes* MARIO CRISTOBAL offensive line? Comparing him to gattis is extremely disingenuous

Advertisement
Y’all don’t really think before y’all type. Yes his running game sucked with the talent he had to work with. You think his running game that’s mostly successful at the level he plays at would have sucked with a *checks notes* MARIO CRISTOBAL offensive line? Comparing him to gattis is extremely disingenuous
i'm not really sure you think before you type.

I would take lashlee's offense in a heartbeat over pretty much anyone who's run our offense in the last 15 years (not including dawson) but do you think it's acceptable for us to finish DEAD LAST in the ACC in rushing?

who cares about our OL, we still were more talented than 80% of the teams

here's some reading for you to do before you type next time - 2021 ACC Rushing stats

was our OL worse than Pitt, Wake, NC State, BC, Duke, UVA, VT, GT, Syracuse, Louisville? nah

1693842262134.png

i'm not really sure you think before you type.

I would take lashlee's offense in a heartbeat over pretty much anyone who's run our offense in the last 15 years (not including dawson) but do you think it's acceptable for us to finish DEAD LAST in the ACC in rushing?

who cares about our OL, we still were more talented than 80% of the teams

here's some reading for you to do before you type next time - 2021 ACC Rushing stats

was our OL worse than Pitt, Wake, NC State, BC, Duke, UVA, VT, GT, Syracuse, Louisville? nah

View attachment 254776
*sigh* you got it fam

Advertisement
Some things never change.

Man I love Rooster. That Gattis offense was good for no one, but most of all he and TVD. Based on what we saw yesterday, his skill set would be useful on screens and wheel routes in this offense, but ball security still plagues him and that is unquestionably overemphasized by this staff. No TOs yesterday was a big factor in coming back from the hole we dug ourselves into.

Advertisement
I don’t know why some fans want to crap on former players who left the program. Unless the player trashed the program on the way out I wish him nothing but the best unless he’s playing against us.

Same for most coaches.

Lashlee did a good job here, all things considered, and got the most out of TVD. he simply left when Manny was fired, and a HC job was offered where he once was an assistant. Good for him, and I doubt Mario was going to keep retain him anyway. Josh Gattis, on the other hand, is another story. F-him.

The only former head coach I have some dislike for is Dennis Erickson. Yes, he won two NCs here, but mostly with Johnson’s players. He let the program grow out of control, i.e. the Pell Grant Scandal, was a poor recruiter, and left the program in disarray. He was in charge so bears the responsibility.

I think Larry Coker was over his head, and I don’t really blame him for much. He was offered a job and took it. I don’t think he was a bad person. The Administration was more responsible for the demise of the program.
I thought much the same until the aftermath of the disastrous Peach Bowl (against LSU). His scapegoating of Soldinger, Hargraves, Kehoe, and Werner was the last straw for me.

Talk about lack of accountability. And the administration let him do it.
Jimmy’s long-term goal was to the coach in the NFL and took a vantage of an opportunity when his longtime friend bought the Cowboys. I only disliked that he went to the Cowboys, because I disliked the Cowboys. That was a hard pill to swallow.

Had the Administration that screwed him over Extend his contract. I believe Butch would’ve stayed longer and reaped the rewards of the effort made rebuilding the program, and won a few national championships. Then take a shot of the NFL. After all, he’s been on two Super Bowl staffs with Jimmy and sooner or later the right offer would’ve come. No one would’ve blamed him.

I only wish Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis have not left. Imagine the run Miami could’ve had if Jimmy stuck around five or six more seasons before taking his shot at the NFL, only to turn the program over to Butch? Assuming he wouldn’t take Davis with him.

Advertisement
Back