Lashlee and the SMU Canes(y'all words, not mine)...

Advertisement
Advertisement
2847.png

Advertisement
I don’t know why some fans want to crap on former players who left the program. Unless the player trashed the program on the way out I wish him nothing but the best unless he’s playing against us.

Same for most coaches.

Lashlee did a good job here, all things considered, and got the most out of TVD. he simply left when Manny was fired, and a HC job was offered where he once was an assistant. Good for him, and I doubt Mario was going to keep retain him anyway. Josh Gattis, on the other hand, is another story. F-him.

The only former head coach I have some dislike for is Dennis Erickson. Yes, he won two NCs here, but mostly with Johnson’s players. He let the program grow out of control, i.e. the Pell Grant Scandal, was a poor recruiter, and left the program in disarray. He was in charge so bears the responsibility.

I think Larry Coker was over his head, and I don’t really blame him for much. He was offered a job and took it. I don’t think he was a bad person. The Administration was more responsible for the demise of the program.

Jimmy’s long-term goal was to the coach in the NFL and took a vantage of an opportunity when his longtime friend bought the Cowboys. I only disliked that he went to the Cowboys, because I disliked the Cowboys. That was a hard pill to swallow.

Had the Administration that screwed him over Extend his contract. I believe Butch would’ve stayed longer and reaped the rewards of the effort made rebuilding the program, and won a few national championships. Then take a shot of the NFL. After all, he’s been on two Super Bowl staffs with Jimmy and sooner or later the right offer would’ve come. No one would’ve blamed him.

I only wish Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis have not left. Imagine the run Miami could’ve had if Jimmy stuck around five or six more seasons before taking his shot at the NFL, only to turn the program over to Butch? Assuming he wouldn’t take Davis with him.

Exceptions to every rule.....
D'No and Gattis were 2 of the worst assistants we hired.. They earned the fan hate.
Nix might be close in terms of ineptitude but atleast he wasn't an arrogant *****.

Advertisement
He’s good when we doesn’t get the ball poked out. And good for smu doing to Charlotte what ufag couldn’t

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back