Larry Fedora: A Closer Look

The OC serves at the ddiscretion of the HC. Fedookie allowed his offense to flounder. Much like Richt did.

Go Canes
That's a sign of being a bad Hc not a bad OC, theres plenty of successful coordinators out there who are not good HC but successful coordinators, being a HC is something completely different and it takes someone very special.

Advertisement
That's a sign of being a bad Hc not a bad OC, theres plenty of successful coordinators out there who are not good HC but successful coordinators, being a HC is something completely different and it takes someone very special.

So then if he had nothing to do with play calling why do we want him as OC since he hasn't done it in years.

Go Canes

I think it’s important to that they mentioned Fedora adopted that certain style because he was lacking at WR and QB but had run different sets when those groups were stronger.

Imagine that? Changing up your scheme to fit your personnel?

The thing I do really like about the savage hat man is that he's shown that he will change up his offense to make better use of what he has. I give him a pass for the last couple years at UNC.....the dude was stuck with Suratt, maybe the one guy in major CFB who was a worse passer than Malik.

Advertisement
Fantastic post, once again WTH.

My only worry: his analytics and approach seem to have failed him in his later years. I know he wasn’t a focused OC but you know he had his hand in the evaluating, recruiting and developing those trash QBs. Was there a sort of shift or did he just get into an unlucky patch of bad QB prospects he couldn’t recover to save his job from.

I'm not sure any analytics can save you when Suratt is your QB.

The thing I do really like about the savage hat man is that he's shown that he will change up his offense to make better use of what he has. I give him a pass for the last couple years at UNC.....the dude was stuck with Suratt, maybe the one guy in major CFB who was a worse passer than Malik.
Yeah man agreed 100%

That actually might have been a dogfight if we didn’t wreck them with our defensive TDs. Our defense was definitely on their heels a bit.

So then if he had nothing to do with play calling why do we want him as OC since he hasn't done it in years.

Go Canes
One of the main things to be a successful HC, u have to be a CEO, which is probably what he was trying to do, and hire good assistants. UNC offense couldn't score but there yards per game was pretty good and they definitely don't have talent like we do.

Advertisement
I think we need the transfer from Buffalo for a one year rental if Fedora comes.

It takes a qb about a year or so to pick up his system and I like the older guy from Buffalo to run it a tad better than Jarren or Perry.

Your ignoring the fact taken as whole UM had better offenses. There are better choices out there that did more with less. For instance the Gary Pinkel / Mike Leach disciple who had the #3 offense in the country utilizing mostly 2* kids. Or when he was at Mizzou lit the SEC on fire and placed 3 QB'S in the NFL.. David Yost is a way better OC than Fedookie.

Go Canes
Preach

larry gonna replace that broad with a fake ****ie colombian as soon as he gets down here lol

Screenshot_20190101-112831_Instagram.jpg

I think we need the transfer from Buffalo for a one year rental if Fedora comes.

It takes a qb about a year or so to pick up his system and I like the older guy from Buffalo to run it a tad better than Jarren or Perry.
Yep. Dudes a beast *** qb.

Advertisement
Your ignoring the fact taken as whole UM had better offenses. There are better choices out there that did more with less. For instance the Gary Pinkel / Mike Leach disciple who had the #3 offense in the country utilizing mostly 2* kids. Or when he was at Mizzou lit the SEC on fire and placed 3 QB'S in the NFL.. David Yost is a way better OC than Fedookie.

Go Canes
****, if Pinkel wants back in and is healthy, he can come on down. But he's actually a Saban guy, not Leach. He's on the older side, but he's always been an underrated offensive mind and coach.

Advertisement
The two biggest question marks about Fedora are can he recruit and can he develop QBs? UNC was the only school with worse QBs than Rosier over the past two years. That's a HUGE red flag to me.

I would say more of a double or triple. But hey when you've been eating spam for the last three years a steak from the outback looks like a 5 star meal.

Well I disagree. He represents everything I've ever wanted out of an OC for this program. There are no pure perfect hires, everything depends on context and fit.....but he's about as close to perfect candidate that exists outside of transplanting the KC Chiefs coaching staff to Coral Gables.

He's an *******, a SOB, a prick, and has poor sportsmanship. He'll run the score up on his father if he gets the chance.

BRING ME THIS MAN

Advertisement
Back