Larry Coker was our Head Corch for the best team ever

Got stomped out against Defending NCs FSU in 2000??...Got Stomped out by Vick and VT in 2000??...Got Stomped out by UF in the 2001 Sugar Bowl....All that coming while we finally had depth after the sanctions....Or how bout how he got stomped out by Manny in 2017??...Lol....
Imagine needing 17 first round draft picks on your team just to beat your rivals in your final year. What a crowning achievement. I bet if he had all 32 first round picks they would've overwhelmed his coaching disabilities and finished the job for him.

Advertisement
Why does Butch get all the credit for the recruits when he was HC but then Manny get all the blame for the recruits when he was DC. The credit should go to Schiano/Coker and them.

Truth is Coker had little to do with it. The players weren't his, and they, not him, really coached the team. Been all downhill since. But you have a point. We need a Howard, a Jimmy, a Dennis, or a Butch. And we need the right players, guys who want it bad.

The players carried Coker on their shoulders to the winners podium... that probably was the easiest ride for any coach to the national title..

Imagine needing 17 first round draft picks on your team just to beat your rivals in your final year. What a crowning achievement. I bet if he had all 32 first round picks they would've overwhelmed his coaching disabilities and finished the job for him.
Imagine having 17 first round draft picks on your team.

Advertisement
Why does Butch get all the credit for the recruits when he was HC but then Manny get all the blame for the recruits when he was DC. The credit should go to Schiano/Coker and them.
Lol...Schiano was only there from 98-2000...Not ONE recruit came to UM because of him or Coker....Stop the nonsense....Butch's 3 top recruiters from 95-2000 were Curtis Johnson...Pagano and Sarge...PERIOD....and Butch had final say on who received offers....Stop the nonsense....

I'm glad they got to showcase their talents during the national championship game.
That would be why the algorithm changed. Do you think Miami would have beaten Oklahoma?

Miami would've killed Oklahoma. However, there was the loss to Washington. That Canes team should've beat Washington by 2 td's. And even though it was early in the season the Canes opened up with a tune up game.

Advertisement
That would be why the algorithm changed. Do you think Miami would have beaten Oklahoma?

Depends, would Butch in all his amazing foresight already have left to coach the Browns before then? If so then yes. Coker would've back to backed it.

Advertisement
Miami would've killed Oklahoma. However, there was the loss to Washington. That Canes team should've beat Washington by 2 td's. And even though it was early in the season the Canes opened up with a tune up game.
So??....UF lost to an unranked Miss team and still played for a NC....matter of fact...all UFs NCs were one loss teams...

Depends, would Butch in all his amazing foresight already have left to coach the Browns before then? If so then yes. Coker would've back to backed it.
I'm reasonably comfortable saying that he would've stayed long enough to coach the national championship in 2000.

I was as mad as anyone the Canes didn't play for the NC. That team by the end of 2000 was playing some of the best football I've ever seen the Canes play. But 1 loss and you can't count on getting in. The team we lost to had 1 loss.

Advertisement
How do you think they became 1st rounds picks?...can you figure that out?

You lost all credibility with your porst

So??....UF lost to an unranked Miss team and still played for a NC....matter of fact...all UFs NCs were one loss teams...

Does it matter if you lost a game during a championship season?

I'm asking for some of our friends during two of those championship seasons.

Coker wasn't completely vacant like Manny

Coker had coaching skills that Manny could only dream about.

In fact, I'd rank Manny far below the worst coaches we've EVER had..... Not even close
Golden kept NO D his entire tenure here, it’s almost impossible to top that unless you lose every game. Manny was a terrible hire but he’s not below Golden.

Advertisement
Back