Larry Coker was our Head Corch for the best team ever

CanesDynasty

Recruit
Modern day football is constantly evolving... elite teams are becoming hard to come by. The same teams are represented every year, but flaws are always revealed.

1) Clemson is on a 3 game streak of looking inept on offense with a 5 star QB (not counting SC St)

2) Bama just gave up 250 yards rushing to a team that has no passing threat

3) Oklahoma is basically doing the same thing as us.

Point is, where is our leadership and accountability from the players? Where are the dogs on the sidelines demanding a standard? We have been average for 15 years and when a team has sustained success, it comes from more than the coaches, it comes from culture and team leaders. Michael Irvin said he was scared of not keeping it going, Joaquin said dominate, Webster put you in a head lock, even Hankerson worked with Duper and on the jug machine when no one else cared.

Put the rings and chain away. Stop dancing and celebrating, your scholarship should require a signature of contribution. Reward production with playing time, or stand next to Pope without gear. I'm tired of losing, but I'm more tired of our players not giving a **** anymore.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Modern day football is constantly evolving... elite teams are becoming hard to come by. The same teams are represented every year, but flaws are always revealed.

1) Clemson is on a 3 game streak of looking inept on offense with a 5 star QB (not counting SC St)

Point is, where is our leadership and accountability from the players? Where are the dogs on the sidelines demanding a standard? We have been average for 15 years and when a team has sustained success, it comes from more than the coaches, it comes from culture and team leaders. Michael Irvin said he was scared of not keeping it going, Joaquin said dominate, Webster put you in a head lock, even Hankerson worked with Duper and on the jug machine when no one else cared.

Put the rings and chain away. Stop dancing and celebrating, your scholarship should require a signature of contribution. Reward production with playing time, or stand next to Pope without gear. I'm tired of losing, but I'm more tired of our players not giving a **** anymore.
Who do you think recruited these players? Who hypes the turnover chain/rings? Culture comes from leadership. If the leadership is weak, superficial and unaccountable, the team will be. You blame the players but Manny recruited them, and gave them the chains, and set the tone. He owns this.

What does 1, 2, and 3 have to do with Miami's issues? Are Clemson, Bama, and Oklahoma suffering the same disease?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Truth is Coker had little to do with it. The players weren't his, and they, not him, really coached the team. Been all downhill since. But you have a point. We need a Howard, a Jimmy, a Dennis, or a Butch. And we need the right players, guys who want it bad.

That's hyperbole by a mile. What do you think would happen if Coker or Golden were the coaches of this team right now?

They would be better than they are now under Manny.

ANYONE not able to admit Manny has been our worst coach to date is obviously a relative.

Sorry for the pain he has brought your family. Just know that he has brought much more pain and humiliation to every Cane fan. Pain that won't go away anytime in the near future. There's no escaping the truth. Compared to them Manny is lead weighted whale**** who quickly sinks directly to the bottom.

All our worst coaches had certain skills although they misused them, they were not completely over their heads like Manny is against almost anyone. Manny is a complete phony, completely out of his element, and a sad, complete embarrassment as a coach to the University of Miami

You feel different?

Don't waste your time on me. I've seen all of the recent dummies and there is NO DOUBT who stunk up the place with BS more. Manny clearly holds that title and that's a fact to anyone who's not related to him.

I'm not here to argue who's sh*t was the worst. Suffice it to say if Shakespeare was describing it Manny's would be described " AS THE ONE MOST FOUL"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who do you think recruited these players? Who hypes the turnover chain/rings? Culture comes from leadership. If the leadership is weak, superficial and unaccountable, the team will be. You blame the players but Manny recruited them, and gave them the chains, and set the tone. He owns this.
This

Advertisement
What does 1, 2, and 3 have to do with Miami's issues? Are Clemson, Bama, and Oklahoma suffering the same disease?
1, 2, and 3 were examples of having the best coaches and best players but their results are inconsistent. Please explain to me why Clemson and Oklahoma are struggling.. is it the players or the coaches?

I didn't start this thread to defend Manny, I started it to illustrate that our best team ever won a National Title because the players were special. Yes, Butch recruited them and he hit the Lottery with a lot of them. But the players have a lot to do with winning. If I were a player for Miami and watched the film of how bad we tackled, I would hope that the players found it unacceptable. 100% the coaches can change the way they tackle in practice, but every team needs players that are leaders and hold their teammates accountable.

The 2001 players knew they had finally ridden themselves of Bortch Davies and wouldn't be held back by a subpar gameday coach who routinely got stomped out by his rivals. Coker was the useful idiot we needed.
Got stomped out against Defending NCs FSU in 2000??...Got Stomped out by Vick and VT in 2000??...Got Stomped out by UF in the 2001 Sugar Bowl....All that coming while we finally had depth after the sanctions....Or how bout how he got stomped out by Manny in 2017??...Lol....

Advertisement
Back