Largest College Football Attedance Drop In 34 Years

Hopefully the NCAA will realize people are tired of Clemson, OSU, and Bama (lsu was 1 yr wonder). Bama isn't a compelling villain. Emmert will help engineer Miami's rise to the top again to be the ultimate heel. Casual fans will tune into to see the bad guys. I'm not sure if USC would be a heel or a face.
Saban is a good coach and disciplinarian, but a lot of people would win titles with the amount of talent that is now coming to Bama. It’s like an NFL team getting 25 first round picks each year.

Advertisement
Can you help me find where in the US Constitution it says you can’t voice your opinion in a football game?

If you’re allowed an opinion — so does everyone else.

“America Right Wing” now = USSR Communists— literally — as your “Dear Leader” sells America out to Russia, Saudi Arabia and China.

Right wingers are literally the most stupid in our society. Too stupid to even know they are stupid and being played.

Of course a player has a right to voice his opinion. And the NFL owners also have the right to keep said player unemployed.

As for right wingers being the dumbest people, we’re the ones who figured out how the electoral college works.

Of course a player has a right to voice his opinion. And the NFL owners also have the right to keep said player unemployed.

As for right wingers being the dumbest people, we’re the ones who figured out how the electoral college works.

You mean you figured out how to be suckered into voting for a Russian mafia wannabe? And thus help wreck you own democratic society over 300 years in the making? SO you can celebrate your 401K gains while your country get's taken over by Russian and Chinese mob?

Good job....

Advertisement
You mean you figured out how to be suckered into voting for a Russian mafia wannabe? And thus help wreck you own democratic society over 300 years in the making? SO you can celebrate your 401K gains while your country get's taken over by Russian and Chinese mob?

Good job....

No, I mean campaigning in the Midwest instead of focusing on New York and California. But that portfolio is looking pretty sweet too, since you brought it up.

LOL

OK chief

I’ve been there.

Yes, there’s a bubble that extends around the campus for a couple of miles. Nicely manicured and maintained. Pretty landscaping. Some cool sandwich shops, bars and restaurants. Just stay within the Stepford bubble for the four years you are there and you can even pretend you’re not in KKK land. Except all you have to do is give a little scratch beneath the surface, and you see what’s beneath the fake smiles, and the “how y’all doin’ today”.

It’s all so nice and wonderful that Alabama players NEVER return.

NEVER.
Hmmm, Alabama players return in droves. For games and to live in many cases. Case in point, kid who grew up down the hollar from me.

Advertisement
College football has forgotten what got it here.now only the big schools have a chance to win a nc.before the bcs and playoff system every div 1 team had a chance.in all other sports every college has a chance to win but not so in football.

The college football tv experience is amazing. Dozens of games on all day from noon to midnight.
Yup.

With Dish I can view most P5 teams that I care about every single week. I can record 16 games on my DVR at the same time if I really wanted to.
I can watch 6 games on my Big screen with the special dedicated college sports channel or split the screen into four Large quadrants to watch the best four games of the day.

And between Dish anywhere, ESPN app, Fox Sports app, Big 10 app, PAc 12 app, I can watch the games anywhere on pretty much any device of my choosing. Without having to watch commercials in most cases.

Not much incentive to go anymore.

College football has forgotten what got it here.now only the big schools have a chance to win a nc.before the bcs and playoff system every div 1 team had a chance.in all other sports every college has a chance to win but not so in football.
I don't think anyone would be excited to go back to the days when there was no official championship game and you just picked the champion by several different votes. The nature of the playoff does take some randomness out, but I think the biggest difference is that so much more money is involved now and consequentially there is a bigger gap between the haves and the have-nots. App State has spent about 20 years making nothing but the right moves, but they have a 0% chance of winning the NC in the next decade. Texas A&M is always about as mediocre as it gets, and yet them winning it all in the next couple of years would shock no one (Jimbo jokes aside).

Advertisement
Im
I don't think anyone would be excited to go back to the days when there was no official championship game and you just picked the champion by several different votes. The nature of the playoff does take some randomness out, but I think the biggest difference is that so much more money is involved now and consequentially there is a bigger gap between the haves and the have-nots. App State has spent about 20 years making nothing but the right moves, but they have a 0% chance of winning the NC in the next decade. Texas A&M is always about as mediocre as it gets, and yet them winning it all in the next couple of years would shock no one (Jimbo jokes aside).
I'm not saying go back to the pre championship days I'm just saying teams like smu,central fla won't have a chance to play for a nc.even though there's a playoff college football has forgotten what got it here.if this was in place in th seventies and eighties colleges like byu and Miami would've never had a chance to win a nc.we wouldn't be in a conference like the acc.see be in the same conference as fiu,fau etc.

lack of alchol would be a factor, also scheduling of cupcakes is an issue as well
how can you really expect 60K+ for UAB, Wagner , Temple.
same with SEC and weak sisters they schedule.....

Im

I'm not saying go back to the pre championship days I'm just saying teams like smu,central fla won't have a chance to play for a nc.even though there's a playoff college football has forgotten what got it here.if this was in place in th seventies and eighties colleges like byu and Miami would've never had a chance to win a nc.we wouldn't be in a conference like the acc.see be in the same conference as fiu,fau etc.
BYU winning is truly one of the great outliers in sports history. Lavell Edwards, Norm Chow, and Mike Holmgren all on staff. Trevor Matich and Robert Anae on their O-Line. Totally agreed that there's no way that would happen today.

Food for thought: BYU was certainly not the best team in the country that year, and probably not even top 10. They had one signature win in their opener vs #3 Pitt (who were atrocious and finished that year 3-7-1) which catapulted them into the top 15, beat up on their weakling WAC opponents, and then didn't play another ranked team, beating 6-6 Michigan in the Holiday Bowl. Play Pitt late in the year when it was obvious how bad Pitt was, they never get the big leap into top 15. Play in a slightly more competitive conference, and they don't go undefeated, Play someone other than THE worst Schembechler Michigan team and they lose their bowl game. Their NC is a total joke, and I'm pretty glad we won't have to deal with nonsense like that anymore.

Advertisement
Yes, it's becoming absurdly dynastic now. Only 17 teams have participated in the national championship game since 1995. More importantly to interest today, only 4 teams have participated in the national championship game over the last five years.

National Championship Game Appearances (Final 2) since 1995 (year of bowl game):

7 Appearances

Alabama (10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19)
4 Appearances
Clemson (16, 17, 19, 20)
LSU (03, 08, 11, 20)
Oklahoma (00, 04, 05, 09)
Florida State (97, 99, 00, 13)
Florida (96, 97, 06, 08)
Ohio State (02, 07, 08, 15)
3 Appearances
Nebraska (96, 98, 02)
2 Appearances
Miami (01, 02)
USC (04, 06)
Texas (05, 09)
Auburn (10, 14)
Tennessee (98, 99)
Va Tech (00)
Oregon (11, 15)
1 Appearance
Notre Dame (13)
Georgia (18)

Yes, it's becoming absurdly dynastic now. Only 17 teams have participated in the national championship game since 1995. More importantly to interest today, only 4 teams have participated in the national championship game over the last five years.

National Championship Game Appearances (Final 2) since 1995 (year of bowl game):

7 Appearances

Alabama (10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19)
4 Appearances
Clemson (16, 17, 19, 20)
LSU (03, 08, 11, 20)
Oklahoma (00, 04, 05, 09)
Florida State (97, 99, 00, 13)
Florida (96, 97, 06, 08)
Ohio State (02, 07, 08, 15)
3 Appearances
Nebraska (96, 98, 02)
2 Appearances
Miami (01, 02)
USC (04, 06)
Texas (05, 09)
Auburn (10, 14)
Tennessee (98, 99)
Va Tech (00)
Oregon (11, 15)
1 Appearance
Notre Dame (13)
Georgia (18)
Ncaa and those in power don't realize what made college what it was.they've allowed espn and Fox to corrupt the sport with big money.turned a blind eye to the teams with the bags but let a small school get caught like us they (the ncaa) wants to bring the hammer down.

Advertisement
Back