Largest College Football Attedance Drop In 34 Years

Ncaa and those in power don't realize what made college what it was.they've allowed espn and Fox to corrupt the sport with big money.turned a blind eye to the teams with the bags but let a small school get caught like us they (the ncaa) wants to bring the hammer down.
It isn't just the NCAA, ESPN has more control over more sports than people realize. Fox, CBS, and NBC have just enough to prevent any anti trust action.

Look at Nascar. TNN had the contract and was booming because of it. Along comes ESPN and outbids TNN. TNN becomes Spike and goes off to irrelevance.

Advertisement
The right-wingers are going to claim that this is because of all the college football players taking a knee during the anthem.

Right ( wing ). These red state fascist tend to have some issue to bring their hateful MYOPIC negative energy down on and all that. Chit, even the vast majority of those red state CornSUCKER fans wanted to LYNCH ( Albeit metaphorically speaking and all that. ) those FOUR BLACK cornsucker football player's for taking a knee on the sideline, prior to a particular game. And the lynching party was led by the state GOVERNOR, and a host of state politician's, along with the Cornsucker faithful. Now that's fresh. Nevertheless, those Cornsucker peep's all have the 1st Amendment to express their RIGHT-WING opinions, perspectives, beliefs and attitudes. Too bad these same American style fascist WON'T allow others to express their notions and what not. Go figure.

It isn't just the NCAA, ESPN has more control over more sports than people realize. Fox, CBS, and NBC have just enough to prevent any anti trust action.

Look at Nascar. TNN had the contract and was booming because of it. Along comes ESPN and outbids TNN. TNN becomes Spike and goes off to irrelevance.

WHO GIVES A f' about that good ol' boy/girl sport! Chit, how can one even call NASCAR a sport!!!!!!:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

WHO GIVES A f' about that good ol' boy/girl sport! Chit, how can one even call NASCAR a sport!!!!!!:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:
It perfectly illustrates how ESPN is the 800 pound gorilla. The only reason anyone else is involved in sports is because they are a bit player compared to ESPN.

Advertisement
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ion-with-largest-attendance-drop-in-34-years/

Canes averaged 58,682 a game this year (up from last year and up from 47,561 in 2015), so suck it NCAA.

The sport is dying around the country. The youth leagues here in Northern Virginia are down over 60% since my son played. Plus, the influx of foreign students who have little interest in the sport does not help. The demographic is getting older. Plus, you can stream just about any game you want for free.

It's because society is more insular than ever. We don't have to go out to shop, eat, or to have our entertainment.

It's borderline frightening to consider how a generation of youth will turn out with parents who live on cell phones themselves.

Yeah. The vast majority of Pax Americana peep's are addicted to those 21st Century phones. Chit, and I'm yapping bloody GRADE SCHOOL kids!

America claims to hate the “Miami Swag” ... but they secretly love it.
I would say they enjoy it but "love it", I am not so sure. I have lots of dealings with Domers and OU alums. They hate us still. It is not like the hate of gatros; that came from bragging mouths that had never done crap. Our hate came from embarrassing their programs on the field and that is different.

Advertisement
The right-wingers are going to claim that this is because of all the college football players taking a knee during the anthem.
You look dumb using the phrase "right-wingers"; as if offense taken to taking a knee during the national anthem is exclusive only to a particular group of people with a particular set of political values.

25th_CAB_trains_with_Navy_divers_130619-A-AB123-068.jpg

The sport is dying around the country. The youth leagues here in Northern Virginia are down over 60% since my son played. Plus, the influx of foreign students who have little interest in the sport does not help. The demographic is getting older. Plus, you can stream just about any game you want for free.

No body wants their kids to destroy their brains playing football....

I love this sport but it's going to die because of what we know now about CTE....

In 10 years-- football will become a fringe sport.

No it won’t.

If this site is still around in ten years - highly unlikely in its present form considering the life spans of these fan sites - somebody should bump this.

I bet any amount of money that that’s not true

IMO it has to do with a cpl of factors new TV networks and the economy. I can sit in my house and watch almost all games in HD. Even G5 schools like my alma mater. Either that or i pay 50 bucks for a ticket, 20 for parking, 11 bucks for a hot dog and soda to sit in the sun or rain. Also the economy is doing great for some ppl but the middle class is eroding. I dont think it has to do with alabama’s dominance even they dont draw a full house. For the last probably 20 years on about 5-7 programs have a realistic chance of winning a title.

Advertisement
No body wants their kids to destroy their brains playing football....

I love this sport but it's going to die because of what we know now about CTE....

The science really doesn't support some of those headlines. Those studies were not the most accurate. But no doubt many players have had serious effects and that's clearly a factor in youth participation.

You ******** just can't help yourselves from pulling every topic down the political sewer.

The cost of game attendance is at an all-time high while the accessibility/alternatives, in Hi-Def, no less grow by the minute.

But, yeah, this is about the Moonbats and Wingnuts duking it out.

You ******** just can't help yourselves from pulling every topic down the political sewer.

The cost of game attendance is at an all-time high while the accessibility/alternatives, in Hi-Def, no less grow by the minute.

But, yeah, this is about the Moonbats and Wingnuts duking it out.
The sad thing is that there are people who think like that. They will actually avoid patronizing places because of politics. The worse part is they think they're the enlightened ones.

Advertisement
Who wants to pay to watch teams that never have a chance to really compete for a championship? 1 or 2 losses and you are on the outside looking in. Having more than 60 bowl games at the end of the season does not make up for being out of the race after a couple of early losses.

The sad thing is that there are people who think like that. They will actually avoid patronizing places because of politics. The worse part is they think they're the enlightened ones.

And they are but a fraction of the decline in NCAA attendance figures, if any.

This is the danger of mind****ing single data points.

Total viewership is up, conferences have their own networks, hence the TV deals have been massive.

The complete picture isn't gloomy at all, but the mopes couldn't wait to share their sweeping and completely worthless political edges.

And they are but a fraction of the decline in NCAA attendance figures, if any.

This is the danger of mind****ing single data points.

Total viewership is up, conferences have their own networks, hence the TV deals have been massive.

The complete picture isn't gloomy at all, but the mopes couldn't wait to share their sweeping and completely worthless political edges.
I wasn't suggesting the number was significant. People preferred watching on tv before pause buttons and hd big screens.

Advertisement
Back