Lane Thread

could we have possibly moved on?
I think you never quit on a kid like him but I also think you can lose confidence if he's listening to certain people who aren't helping us

Pete said Miami will continue to recruit him despite whoever he picks in the next few weeks, so I dunno.
I think you never quit on a kid like him but I also think you can lose confidence if he's listening to certain people who aren't helping us

Advertisement
Maybe Barrow already knows the inside scoop seeing that they are cousins. Told the staff to give the kid some space and that over-recruiting him is not going to help. Maybe he said let all the leeches (QW, Clark, etc.) pass by and once the dust settles he will make whatever decision is best for him. I like the approach. Buddy did not go to FNL so that is a great sign. If im a betting man, I say its between ALA/UM. Lets hope he sees what we are doing, and wants to be apart of it.

If he doesnt then its his loss. I wont let this kid "Matthew Thomas" me. Not gonna happen.

I think UM maybe saying this, "lets win now and in December we try to bring him back for an OV and with everything going right he just decides to get on board". It cant hurt to do that and at least for now try to seal up Dixon and Berrios while we go hard for other guys possibly who they're high on

Just gotta win. Been saying it forever. If we were coming off an ACC title last year, kids like this wouldn't even be a question IMO.

I don't get why all of a sudden he is mentioning depth chart as one of his biggest factors. I mean, I do get it, but I could swear I've read him saying he doesn't care who is there he will come in and win the job. Maybe I'm wrong.

Just gotta win. Been saying it forever. If we were coming off an ACC title last year, kids like this wouldn't even be a question IMO.

I don't get why all of a sudden he is mentioning depth chart as one of his biggest factors. I mean, I do get it, but I could swear I've read him saying he doesn't care who is there he will come in and win the job. Maybe I'm wrong.

He's been saying for awhile all he cares about is winning and playing early. Which to me is kind of funny because how do you expect to go to a winning program where they don't have decent/good receivers in place?? I guess you could go to FL where theyve been winning soley based on defense. If he goes to Bama which to me seems like the pick here, hes not going to all of a sudden pass cooper as there #1.

Like everyone is saying if we win big this year it does two things, shows him that we are capable and here to stay and 2 will most likely mean atleast 1 of our receivers are blowing up and heading to the NFL (Dorsett, Scott) which opens up the depth chart. Herb and malcolm in the slot him, Scott and Coley on the outside.

Advertisement
His best shot at playing right away and being the #1 guy without much competition is at Florida. Their WR depth chart is filled with busts and JAGs.

His best shot at playing right away and being the #1 guy without much competition is at Florida. Their WR depth chart is filled with busts and JAGs.

pretty much. either way i pay no attention to anything this kid says, everyone else would be wise to do the same. i'll tune in on signing day.

Advertisement

Bein the #1 and FL doesnt ensure you actually getting the ball though haha!

He better be careful and not get into their blackhole for wrs like its been the past decade.Also don't sleep on USC in the end, if they win 9 games this year they will lose Lee and he can go and maybe start next year with a good qb and at least the thought that they can win

He's been saying for awhile all he cares about is winning and playing early. Which to me is kind of funny because how do you expect to go to a winning program where they don't have decent/good receivers in place?? I guess you could go to FL where theyve been winning soley based on defense. If he goes to Bama which to me seems like the pick here, hes not going to all of a sudden pass cooper as there #1.

Like everyone is saying if we win big this year it does two things, shows him that we are capable and here to stay and 2 will most likely mean atleast 1 of our receivers are blowing up and heading to the NFL (Dorsett, Scott) which opens up the depth chart. Herb and malcolm in the slot him, Scott and Coley on the outside.

BAMA'S other wrs suck imo....which is why Coop started from day one up there. If Lane heads that way he would do the same thing...Nothing about their wrs other than Cooper impress me when i watch them play.

Bein the #1 and FL doesnt ensure you actually getting the ball though haha!

They are probably saying to him that once Grier get on campus, they'll be throwing the ball a lot, and he's buying into it...

IDK about #1 WR goals, but coaches like to play their best men. If Lane is the best WR on whatever team he commits to, then he will play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Maybe Barrow already knows the inside scoop seeing that they are cousins. Told the staff to give the kid some space and that over-recruiting him is not going to help. Maybe he said let all the leeches (QW, Clark, etc.) pass by and once the dust settles he will make whatever decision is best for him. I like the approach. Buddy did not go to FNL so that is a great sign. If im a betting man, I say its between ALA/UM. Lets hope he sees what we are doing, and wants to be apart of it.

If he doesnt then its his loss. I wont let this kid "Matthew Thomas" me. Not gonna happen.

Pretty sure Pete confirmed they ain't related.

Are we sure that UF's receivers are really busts and JAGs? Or is it UF's run-oriented offense thats the real problem?

Advertisement
gotta think mama should end up playing a big role for Lane in the end.... and like we've all said, we win and they'll all wanna come

If we landed Coley and Lane to go with the rest, Kaaya and Olsen could play left handed.

Are we sure that UF's receivers are really busts and JAGs? Or is it UF's run-oriented offense thats the real problem?

well they were pretty ****** under meyer too. if quinton dunbar is your best receiver, then yea your group is below average. he should be a #3 or 4 at beast on a great team. and would you let driskel sling the ball all over the lot?

It's not rocket science. I have no idea why people keep bringing up Floridas ****** WRs. Lane obviously has always thought he could be a superstar anywhere. UiF is a good team without a decent WR so why not go be the big fish in a small pond, especially when the rest of the team has been recruited very well?

I mean, I don't really agree with the thinking but it isn't hard to figure out.

Advertisement
Back