Lane Thread

Redmen7805

Freshman
Below is a summary.

• Will announce sometime in August
  • All 6 final schools are even: Miami, Alabama, Florida State, USC and Ohio State (article did not mention UF)
  • He will make a final decision once him and his mom sit down
  • His mom said not to listen to anybody, just to pick the school that I like most.
  • Depth chart, winning program and getting him ready for the NFL are what is most important to him
  • Lane said it would be hard for him to turn down UM
  • He mentions that UM had a good recruiting class last year, they are his dream school and are in his backyard
  • Carroll is his primary recruiter and they have not spoken in a couple of weeks, but Brennan has sent him some messages
  • He has not spoken with Barrow in a couple of months

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean his mom is telling him to distance himself to make a decision. Our coaches seem to be honoring that

Below is a summary.

• All 6 final schools are even: Miami, Alabama, Florida State, USC and Ohio State (article did not mention UF)
  • His mom said not to listen to anybody, just to pick the school that I like most.
  • Depth chart, winning program and getting him ready for the NFL are what is most important to him
  • He mentions that UM had a good recruiting class last year, they are his dream school and are in his backyard
  • Carroll is his primary recruiter and they have not spoken in a couple of weeks, but Brennan has sent him some messages

His mom is a smart cookie. Let's hope this means he tunes out Quincy and Lammons and the AAU coaches and everybody else. If that's the case, then he has to go with his "dream school".

Advertisement
Below is a summary.

then he can't possibly be considering Florida.

I mean his mom is telling him to distance himself to make a decision. Our coaches seem to be honoring that

The only thing we can hope is that mom is telling him to not listen to Quincy and do what YOU want. Now still say its not UM but also UF came lately around the time when Quincy became a "package deal" so tfwiw

BUT HE WORE THIS TO UF!!1

263.jpg

Advertisement
could we have possibly moved on?

there was a rumor that Lane wasn't the top WR on our board, i took it as the usual fan response when a top player is leaning toward another school but reading this it might be true

Advertisement

there was a rumor that Lane wasn't the top WR on our board, i took it as the usual fan response when a top player is leaning toward another school but reading this it might be true

I think Dixon is, but what do I know. I am sure he is really high up there. Maybe the coaches know the ship has sailed for now and are giving him some space. Also, read the article and think the UF ommission was a typo by Shodell because he mentions 6 schools and only 5 on that list. Bottom line, beat UF, win 10 games, and you'll see some of these kids come around.

My take is that the coaches know he's not picking Miami in a couple weeks so they will back off now and go for a final push later in the game

Come on man. So if he isn't #1 on our board (which is a rumor) you stop recruiting him? We are recruiting a ton of players that aren't #1 on our board at their specific position.

We are recruiting him and will continue to do so until signing day.

Advertisement
Back