Lane supporters

I preferred Lane over Mario because I didn't know which style of offense Mario was going to use.

He should've been a consensus top 3 candidate. As of now, I giving him at least B grade (88). His staff hirings will determine his final grade.

Advertisement
So why don't you tell us where, on the continuum, Lane's salary would have been, between the $4.5 million he is currently making and the $8 million we gave to Mario, when multiple other (and several less-accomplished) coaches are making $9.5 million to $10 million per year?

And isn't "cheaper" the thing that we have been criticizing Miami over, for decades?
Lane Kiffen contract extension details: https://www.hottytoddy.com/2021/12/06/coach-lane-kiffins-contract-details/. 7M plus!

I was a Lane guy because I wanted the flash he would bring. After seeing what Mario has done and he’s not even in Coral Gables yet, has me excited. A lot of you guys used the hot chick vs the wife type and you were 100% right. I’m all in, sign me up for the house, picket fence and the basketball hoop in the driveway!!

meh just don't expect more than 9 or 10 win seasons is all i'm gonna say, but i'm in full support of mario.

I just don't think he's gonna work out that's all, and he's not even close to worth that much $$$

Deep in my heart, this is my biggest worry We've seen this song and dance a million times at Miami. New coach gets hired, fans go ape**** with premature ejaculations, ignore or make excuses for all the coach's past warts, new coach talks a good game, we get a few recruiting victories...then the actual football starts and it's rerun city, ending in recriminations, outrage, fandom infighting, banners, slurpers vs mopers, and ultimately another shi* canning. Until the cycle starts all over again. I'm already mentally preparing myself for all the "Manny Cristobal" and "Mario Diaz" jokes when the train starts to derail.

The worst part about all this, my main point of contention over Mario, is how unfireable he is. If he flops, what in **** are we gonna do about it? Manny at least had a tiny salary and discount buyout. Not only does Mario have a ginormous salary and terms and probably a massive buyout, he has the "ins" with the decisionmakers. If he ends up to be an 8-10 win coach instead of a 10-13 win coach we all expect, what in **** is gonna happen?

Advertisement
**** Lane and the clique he claims.
The football gods smile down at the University of Miami

Advertisement
**** Lane and the clique he claims.
The football gods smile down at the University of Miami
Half Baked Boo GIF
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I preferred Lane and will support Mario 1000%. The only scenario where I packed it in completely was keeping Manny. The new AD, the broad investment……..it’s more than I could have hoped for and have quite frankly never seen in my decades of fandom. I’m ******* ecstatic right now!!!!

Advertisement
Is this a rebuild? In some ways, maybe not in others.

He's got my support as much as any other new hire here.

Skeptical, in some aspects and in others, no. I think we'll field a competitive team that can win the ACC here and there, with the occasional BCS berth.

Sorry for the reference, but I'm looking at it like a Bobby Bowden type of hire. A lifer, who is generally more successful than not and hopefully can get us a title or two over what I feel will be a long career.

It may take patience (good luck with our fans) or is he going to win early sans the National Title like Coker did and lose his luster quickly? It's hard to say with this fickle fan base.

I don't see him doing any worse than our last four but what's his ceiling? It's a beautiful thing seeing the program and some key boosters stepping up to make a real go of it. It's something I always said I would believe it when I see it.

So welcome Coach Cristobal. Let's see what you're about and hopefully it works out for you. You've got a big chance here to do something so many former player turned coaches do. It could be a beautiful thing and I hope it is.

Advertisement
Is this a rebuild? In some ways, maybe not in others.

He's got my support as much as any other new hire here.

Skeptical, in some aspects and in others, no. I think we'll field a competitive team that can win the ACC here and there, with the occasional BCS berth.

Sorry for the reference, but I'm looking at it like a Bobby Bowden type of hire. A lifer, who is generally more successful than not and hopefully can get us a title or two over what I feel will be a long career.

It may take patience (good luck with our fans) or is he going to win early sans the National Title like Coker did and lose his luster quickly? It's hard to say with this fickle fan base.

I don't see him doing any worse than our last four but what's his ceiling? It's a beautiful thing seeing the program and some key boosters stepping up to make a real go of it. It's something I always said I would believe it when I see it.

So welcome Coach Cristobal. Let's see what you're about and hopefully it works out for you. You've got a big chance here to do something so many former player turned coaches do. It could be a beautiful thing and I hope it is.
Yes. This is a rebuild.
There’s no such thing as the BCS
Bobby Bowden is a legend..fingers 🤞🏾
Our fans are weird, see that dude bestwhatever
Ceiling??..there’s no ceiling. S/O Weezy
We *******

Advertisement
Back