Lane Kiffin is realistic (info).

Advertisement
I’ve repeated this for weeks but no one wants to listen. Like I’ve stated before, if we really want to win then the list should be

Mark Stoops
Dave Aranda
Dave Clawson
Bill Clark as a last resort

All understand you need both offense and defense to win

All are very strong evaluators

All are exceeding expectations by miles

But Lane as the fancy offense so…
I thought there'd be some buzz between Miami and Stoops but I haven't heard a thing.

Aranda ain't coming here. Neither is Clawson. I like Bill Clark, but he'd be like my 5th or 6th choice.

Advertisement
Again, there is information that is widely available and on-the-record, and there is other information to consider as well. It's not just about "image".

We need to make changes because we need to make changes. But we also need a strong leader to be hired as AD and as Head Football Coach.

Just look at all the dopey "if we only have Lane for 3 years" porsts. That's not what Miami is trying to hire. And I'm not saying we are trying to hire a 30-year guy either. But 3-years-to-the-NFL plans are for players, not coaches.

cant just have the swimming pool and man-cave -- gotta have a solid foundation from the ground up to build upon

EVERYONE STOP.

If he leaves for a better job its GOOD... it guarantees that he was a good hire, crushed it here, and now we are going to have 10x the leverage in our next hire. It could be to go after a Lincoln Riley type at that point. It would be a GREAT THING. It would mean the hire WORKED OUT and SAVED UM FOOTBALL. That's how it works, and that's how it went with EVERY GOOD UM COACH WE'VE HAD since and including SCHNELLENBERGER.

Jesus we don't even know if we are getting a coach ANYWHERE near the Mario and Kiffin level and you triggered mofos are already sitting in the corner worrying about when they are going to leave us.
Exactly. Don't threaten me with the good time of having a head coach good enough to get NFL head coaching job offers! Kinda beats the recent past where they become position corches after they slink away.

This goes for Cristobal too. We like to think that once he's here that it'll be "Awww shucks! I'll stay as long as you'll have me!!! Dream job derp derp derpppp!!!".

If he kills it here then let's reassess if he reallllly has no pro aspirations.

That’s definitely part of it. He comes with a lot of risk. Most of the risk is due to his behavior.

He also has trouble getting along with people he works with, has had numerous well publicized feuds, etc. Mouth breathers will say “give me that savage”, but honestly Lane has spent a good part of his career acting like a frat boy.
Kiffin actually makes more sense if Miami was not making significant changes at Hecht and wasn't willing to pump a ****load of money into the football program. Like a "frat boy" I'm not sure Kiffin has enough staying power to not wear out his welcome.

Advertisement
Buckle up because until our HC position is OPEN, the rumors will be flying around like bees at their nest. And that could stretch into next month if we become bowl eligible and Manny’s allowed to coach that game.

Lane would be a risk versus reward situation. Seems to have matured some since his vagabond days. He got a couple of high profile jobs at an early age and obviously didn’t handle his new found fame very well.

You're no fun

Perhaps. Doesn't mean I'm inaccurate.

I'm not anti-Lane. But there are plenty of SoFla stories from just a few years ago. Maybe the Lane Train Passengers want to gloss over those, but they also aren't on the Board that has to decide whether to give Lane a multi-year multi-million dollar contract. I'll let the multi-millionaires vet him.

The myth about Lane growing up while he was at Alabama is cute, but not as accurate as some would have us believe.

No one is arguing that. He's talking about top 6. Which means you're in Bama, UGA, Ohio State and LSU territory.
We’d have to fundamentally change some of our recruiting practices. Knowing what I do, Mario is capable of doing that consistently. Also, for what it’s worth, most everyone down here wants to stay home. They leave because they have to. If they were treated properly and could get everything from us that they do them, it’s very doable.

Good question. A failure everywhere he’s gone
In his one season at UT, he improved them by 2 games.
At USC, he had the sanctions handcuff him a bit, along with being young and immature.
To say either was a total failure is kind of a stretch. He didn't shock the world, but he didn't completely **** the bed.
I would rather judge him since his time spent under Saban and learning from him. Since then, he has shown a lot of potential.

Advertisement
I thought there'd be some buzz between Miami and Stoops but I haven't heard a thing.

Aranda ain't coming here. Neither is Clawson. I like Bill Clark, but he'd be like my 5th or 6th choice.
Who says Aranda and Clawson aren’t coming here? Have you asked them??

So we agree on Bill Clark. Awesome.

Kiffin actually makes more sense if Miami was not making significant changes at Hecht and wasn't willing to pump a ****load of money into the football program. Like a "frat boy" I'm not sure Kiffin has enough staying power to not wear out his welcome.

Exactly. UM is going to spend $30 million on more staff, and then hire a guy who will send some of those staffers out to buy weed for him? Sounds unrealistic.

Advertisement
Your hubris is hilarious. Yeah, I "replied to two of your posts" to "get your attention". Nope. I see stupid posts, I comment on stupid posts. Has nothing to do with you personally, and I don't care about "your attention". If you don't want people critiquing your posts, try making better and more informed posts.

I have called you no names, so stop crying. You can't even figure out when I am quoting a movie. While the "acting like a fragile snowflake" routine is funny, it's not a good look.

Cool thx bye

You guys are all getting hardons for Lane, which I get. But what I see here is pressure on Mario.

No, you can't take the job in 3 years, Mario. Want it? Take it now.

Would bet a large sum that this leak came from UM.
Exactly the way it should be. Agent leaks for leverage here or there. School leaks for leverage here or there, etc

It’s business. Let’s go! We want you, but we aren’t getting left at the alter why you quack around.

Advertisement
Back