Lane Kiffin is realistic (info).

Lane comes here and the AD hires a Venebles-Tier DC to watch his back, we won’t have to fear Bama or Clemson. The Croots will run to the Gables, because it will be straight savagery just like it was under Jimmy and Howard.

But he will leave us for the Cowboys or the Patriots sure as you can say “Vince Lombardi Trophy “ after two nattys, at most. Probably one.

But that’s all we’ll need him for if we get Lane.

I don’t think that’s what the Board wants. They want a Cuban version of Nick. That’s why they’re all in on Mario.

Advertisement
Wrong. Never said I had you on ignore. I said I am ignoring you. I don't care to read your posts or have anything to do with you. You replied to two of my posts today in a test bubble to try to get my attention after a long while, again. You can call me all the names you like if I hurt your feelings, but it isn't going to change anything and I am not going engage in name calling. Please ignore me. As I do you. I don't like or respect you and I want nothing to do with you. It's for the betterment of the board, based on past history. Respect the site. Thanks.

Your hubris is hilarious. Yeah, I "replied to two of your posts" to "get your attention". Nope. I see stupid posts, I comment on stupid posts. Has nothing to do with you personally, and I don't care about "your attention". If you don't want people critiquing your posts, try making better and more informed posts.

I have called you no names, so stop crying. You can't even figure out when I am quoting a movie. While the "acting like a fragile snowflake" routine is funny, it's not a good look.

Advertisement
the reality is that our short list is probably Mario/lane/Aranda/stoops (possibly in that order). I have reservations about all of them but they would be solid hires. Mario would be the only guy that I can see being a long term hire so that’s something to consider
I’m with you

I'd rather have Lane. Our offense is set up to be special.. Only thing I would he worried about is Kiffin likes to talk ****. He would bring that swagger back for sure but would it be too much? We are already undisciplined

Both Mario and Lane have teams that are amongst the worst in penalties. If discipline is your concern, Stoops is your guy (18th in penalties).

Advertisement
4E824229-7863-4EB0-B4A9-155D0B9B567A.jpeg
Lol them SEC boys getting nervous

No one is arguing that. He's talking about top 6. Which means you're in Bama, UGA, Ohio State and LSU territory.
@JayCane20 pretty reliable guy believes Mario can finish in the top 5 or 6 with mario. Also, have you not seen the report of the additional money we are going to put into the football program? Our recruiting budget is going to increase exponentially. If all of this turns out to be true of course.

the reality is that our short list is probably Mario/lane/Aranda/stoops (possibly in that order). I have reservations about all of them but they would be solid hires. Mario would be the only guy that I can see being a long term hire so that’s something to consider
I do also like that Lane doesn’t need an elite OC like I think Mario would. I know we are tossing around some money but same time when there aren’t clear cut choices I think things like this matter

Advertisement
Both Mario and Lane have teams that are amongst the worst in penalties. If discipline is your concern, Stoops is your guy (18th in penalties).
And, I would be cool with Stoops as well. Any of those three would have us dominating the ACC and into the national picture by year two.

it’s highly doubtful that Lane would ever win with Ole Miss. Tough to recruit in SEC and Oklahoma and Texas is coming too. Smart of him to be interested in Miami.

Advertisement
Not sure where all the Lane 3 years and to the NFL came from but if he does well enough to get an NFL HC gig after 3 years I would imagine the team would be in good shape and probably have the next crop of great coaches in line for the job. We've done pretty good with all of our previous coaching replacements after the predesessor left for the NFL. Would be the least of our worries, imo.

I don't know where it came from either, yet it's all over this thread.

As for "previous coaching replacements after the predecessor left for the NFL", we have succeeded 3 times (I'll give credit for Schnellenberger TRYING to leave for the USFL) and failed once. Two successful replacements were JJ and Erickson, who were both Sam Jankovich hires. Since then, we are 1 for 2. We back-assward lucked into Butch and then elevated Coker to replace Butch. So you can understand the concern, at least now that Sam Jankovich is dead and unable to pull a list of names out of his back pocket anymore.

I'm slightly joking, of course, but it's still a concern for some, that a coach would bolt after 3 years. In the modern era, don't ignore the impact that would have on the roster (after 3 years, the roster would become a mix of pre-Lane, Lane, and post-Lane players) and/or Portal (do guys leave when Lane leaves).

Not saying it is worth altering everything for this concern, but it is a concern.

@JayCane20 pretty reliable guy believes Mario can finish in the top 5 or 6 with mario. Also, have you not seen the report of the additional money we are going to put into the football program? Our recruiting budget is going to increase exponentially. If all of this turns out to be true of course.
That budget better be getting dished out to recruits and not for PJs and personnel for those top 5 finishes to happen. Unless Miami actually becomes a national recruiting force expect to be in that 8-10 range on a consistent basis at best. The only school who can finish top 5 consistently being mostly dependent on in-state recruits is probably LSU. All those other schools go national. Throw in Texas if they ever got their stuff together. Miami won't dominate the state because the $EC won't allow it to

Advertisement
Back