Lane #1 WR in Nation per ESPN

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/9177392/breaking-wr-class-2014

Top 10 wide receivers

1. WR Ermon Lane
Homestead, Fla./ Homestead Senior
College: Undecided
Lane is a playmaker with sleek, fluid movements and the ability to play both inside and outside. He has good height and a leaner build, but looks to be able to add size and bulk while keeping his speed. His speed is good, but he's a bit of a short-stepper. He shows he can gain separation at the high school level. He has a quick first step to get into a route and flashes some lateral suddenness off the line. His start-and-stop ability gives him an advantage to find the crease in tight spaces with burst.
Complete eval

2. WR Malachi Dupre
River Ridge, La./John Curtis Christian
He stands out the more you watch him, but he doesn't get a ton of opportunities due to the offensive scheme. However, Dupre makes the most of them with big plays and touchdowns. He's big, with a very good frame and length for the position. Possesses a physical build. Speed does not jump out at you, but you appreciate it the more you watch. He is capable of running by people, but is deceptive and at times it looks like he builds rather than bolts to it.
Complete eval | Highlights

3. WR Trey Quinn
Lake Charles, La./Barbe
Quinn is one of those kids you can't help but like because he is so darn reliable, tough, savvy and productive. He has good size and shows enough strength to be able to play physically with DBs. He fights and scraps to get open. He shows average initial quickness, but very good change-of-direction and lateral-movement skills. He gets in and out of breaks with ease. He shows a very good feel for getting open versus zone and man coverage and is a weapon inside, a la Wes Welker.
Complete eval

4. WR Johnnie Dixon
Palm Beach Gardens, Fla./Dwyer
There is a lot to like about Dixon athletically. He has height, good bulk and very good strength, and he builds very good top-end speed. Has the initial quickness to escape press. Has good awareness and a natural feel to separate versus man and uncover versus zone in rhythm with the quarterback. He's big enough, strong enough and physical enough to play off defenders to separate if necessary. A physical player for the position.

5. WR K.D. Cannon
Mount Pleasant, Texas/Mount Pleasant
Cannon is a very polished and crisp player who has a nice feel for the game. He's a playmaker who can create a lot of mismatch problems. Reminds us of Texas A&M's Thomas Johnson from the 2012 class. Possesses a slender frame with good length. Needs to add significant bulk and strength. He is versatile and can play on the inside or outside.

6. WR Cameron Sims
Monroe, La./Ouachita Parish
There are a lot of big receivers in this class, but few who possess the quick-twitch athleticism and speed you want combined with the size. Sims is one of them. He runs well given his size. Possesses great height, lean mass and nimble feet. Shows surprising quickness for a tall WR off the line. Pressures the defense and can get to top speed rapidly.
Complete eval

7. WR Corey Holmes
Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas
Holmes is a lean and lanky prospect with ideal height and long limbs. He is flexible and plays primarily on the inside as a slot in high school, but could be an outside threat for the next level. He is shifty and fluid, which makes it difficult to gauge his deceptively good speed and acceleration.

8. WR Travis Rudolph
West Palm Beach, Fla./Cardinal Newman
Rudolph grows on you the more you watch him, and you really gain an appreciation for his versatility and playmaking ability on both sides of the football. He possesses good height, layered and lean mass, better than average playing strength, and good top-end speed. Has a very quick initial move off the line of scrimmage to threaten deep, with good acceleration to top-end speed. Shows an array of moves off the line to beat press and is very sudden to avoid coverage with someone in his face. Has anticipation, plays well with his eyes, and reacts quickly to what he sees.

9. WR Artavis Scott
Tarpon Springs, Fla./East Lake
Scott has very few physical weaknesses, but he also lacks ideal measurables in terms of bulk and strength. Given his frame, he still needs to add strength to aid his physicality. He displays good straight-line burst off the line of scrimmage. This is a very fluid and smooth player in his overall movements. Does not show breakaway speed on tape, but does have good enough downfield speed and quickness to be an adequate outside route runner at the next level.

10. WR Jesse Jackson
Petal, Miss./Petal
He is a big kid who can run. Physically imposing with speed, Jackson brings value both as an outside threat and inside mismatch. Given his size, Jackson displays great feet and quality acceleration. He is a vertical threat due to his size-speed ratio and is also capable of taking an underneath catch the distance. He is a competitive, tough receiver with solid open-field running skills to boot.

**** SOUTH FLORIDA IS LOADED THIS YEAR!!!!!

Advertisement
Is it conceivable that we could bring in Lane, Dixon, Rudolph and Holmes in this class? 4 of the top 10 WRs in the nation...

Is it conceivable that we could bring in Lane, Dixon, Rudolph and Holmes in this class? 4 of the top 10 WRs in the nation...

I keep reading Holmes wants out of state.

If we can get Rudolph back that'd really help with Dixon because I hear they're really tight.

Advertisement
The wide receiver and running back class in south Florida this year is just ridiculous

Can't. Lose. Lane.

Also, 2-3 of Dixon, Rudolph, Cannon and Scott would be silly.

But seriously: Can't. Lose. Lane.

would be awesome, but I have grown accustomed to counting dwyer kids out and it doesn't sound like holmes is looking to stick around.

Holmes is going out of state. Probably out of ND,Mich,OU. I'm very confident on UM pulling Dixon i don't even think UF is in t for him. Only team i've heard he likes as much as UM is Ohio State. If UM pulls Dixon,Lane and Rudolph that should give UM a top 3 WR class and top 5 class overall..

Advertisement
The wide receiver and running back class in south Florida this year is just ridiculous

Add OL class and this is the best crop of SFL talent in a decade.. Miami won't have to drive more than 1 hour to secure a top 5 class..

would be awesome, but I have grown accustomed to counting dwyer kids out and it doesn't sound like holmes is looking to stick around.

Not this time Golden is going to land Dixon and finally break the Gator trend there..

O line in south Florida is ridiculous too this year. But of course we gobbled all of them so you won't see them being praised

O line in south Florida is ridiculous too this year. But of course we gobbled all of them so you won't see them being praised

The ESPN article like this on the top ten OL had Kc as the 7th best OL. 5 OT's and an OG ahead him.

LAFF!

Advertisement

Expect Trevor Darling to move up in the top 10 of OT rankings and inside the top 100 overall on Scout i know a couple guys their and they say he is blowing up after dominating in the Miami nike camps...

Advertisement
I would only take 2 WR in this class. Maybe a 3rd as an athlete.

There's too much elite talent this year not to take at least 3 IMO.

Well its not really a position of need. There will always be great WR Talent.

2014 WR Depth Chart (without any 2014 Recruits and early deflections)

Dorsett (Sr)
Scott (Sr)
Lewis (Jr)
Waters (Jr)
Jones (Rd-So)
Lockhart (Rd-So) [assuming he red-shirts this year]
Carter (Rd-So)
Coley (So)
Griffin (Rd-Fr)

9 WR without any attrition or people leaving early. That is a good number already.

I'd like to see UM look at a smallish, shifty guy like Lamar Parker. We've got guys that can stretch the field and guys that can convert 3rd and 7. I'd like to see a slippery slot/all-purpose guy. Mayby Corn Elder is that guy...

Advertisement
Back