Landon Ibieta Hudl HiLites

Advertisement
I’ll be honest, I never looked at anything except his 7 on 7. So I checked it out.
I really have no idea what the fckng problem is with this place. .
Send his tape to anyone and say “this is the 10th ranked receiver in the country and Alabama just offered” and see what they say.

Finally watched the highlights and came away impressed.
Saw him make more contested catches than I've seen Wiggins make in 3 years, and more catches away from his body than Pope's made here. He also looks like an above-average route runner for a HS kid, with some sly change of direction ability (doesn't lose much speed when he cuts), which seems to match his testing. He looks like he's disguising moves and not overselling, which shows some nuance and attention to detail.
I saw more of a flanker than pure slot guy (though he could play there, too). This is the type of WR recruit that has a high floor and should (at least) contribute at some point in his career because he has the most important basic skills/traits for the position (reliable hands, toughness, ability to make plays, and care for his craft).

Racial inequalities are the biggest part of America's identity. Landon Ibieta is a prime example. Here's why: Most of the coaches doing the evals and making decisions are White. Then don't flip the script to imply its AA being prejudiced against a white receiver. No it's the same racial inequity we experience in all facets of our American lives. Lucky for him its just for his being a WR.

There are people up in this thread and others like it. Talking down about Ibieta that were up in the Pope commitment thread talking about how we landed a star. Pope was on the border of being a 5 star and the guy's career to date has been JAG certified. He seriously should've been benched for one of the 3 stars X or Smith.
you mean pope is now benched

Advertisement
I’ll be honest, I never looked at anything except his 7 on 7. So I checked it out.
I really have no idea what the fckng problem is with this place. .
Send his tape to anyone and say “this is the 10th ranked receiver in the country and Alabama just offered” and see what they say.
So basically lie to people and see if they buy it because he is not a Top 100 WR and only has Two Power 5 offers?

Sounds like a solid plan...... I'm in

Racial inequalities are the biggest part of America's identity. Landon Ibieta is a prime example. Here's why: Most of the coaches doing the evals and making decisions are White. Then don't flip the script to imply its AA being prejudiced against a white receiver. No it's the same racial inequity we experience in all facets of our American lives. Lucky for him its just for his being a WR.
you went deep on this one

Lmao

So basically lie to people and see if they buy it because he is not a Top 100 WR and only has Two Power 5 offers?

Sounds like a solid plan...... I'm in
No.
The post was about how People’s perception changes depending not only on a players ranking.
If you look at his film he’s a really **** good receiver and everyone in his state and some on here are looking for excuses not to take him.

Advertisement
No.
The post was about how People’s perception changes depending not only on a players ranking.
If you look at his film he’s a really **** good receiver and everyone in his state and some on here are looking for excuses not to take him.
Got ya, I hope he balls out here but I would pack his suitcase and drive him to the airport back to Lousyana if Horton wanted in.
I have stated here numerous times offers are far more indicative of a recruits projection than stars so I hear you in stars.

The guys he's playing against in the video must be pretty dang fast too then. Hope I'm wrong, I just don't see the twitch we DESPERATELY need on this roster to catch Clemson. With that said, he may have the twitch to be a reasonable #2 or potentially solid/great #3. We are in need of a freak and have been since AR82's injury.
This is the logic flaw in our recruiting, IMO. Clemson didn't get where they are by just swinging for the fences. And not every kid has to be 'twitchy' anyhow. We need to find kids who can play and won't bust, improve our roster, and keep upping our talent level over time. This type of kid seems like a low risk kid to me. More kids like this will help us close the gap with Clemson, even if it takes additional skill-sets to put us over the top.

There are people up in this thread and others like it. Talking down about Ibieta that were up in the Pope commitment thread talking about how we landed a star. Pope was on the border of being a 5 star and the guy's career to date has been JAG certified. He seriously should've been benched for one of the 3 stars X or Smith.
I loved the Pope commitment. That's one of the reasons I started this thread. Because I asked what we got wrong and why.

Pope was very fast and quick, a real track kid, explosive. Looked good in camps / 7-7. Worked hard it seemed.

I don't recall a lot of discussion about hands, physicality, toughness. The issue with Pope isn't that he didn't have what we saw. It's that we didn't look hard enough at his other traits. He's as fast and quick as expected.

I loved the Pope commitment. That's one of the reasons I started this thread. Because I asked what we got wrong and why.

Pope was very fast and quick, a real track kid, explosive. Looked good in camps / 7-7. Worked hard it seemed.

I don't recall a lot of discussion about hands, physicality, toughness. The issue with Pope isn't that he didn't have what we saw. It's that we didn't look hard enough at his other traits. He's as fast and quick as expected.
I don’t think anyone knows what the problem with pope is or was. But everyone misses and it might not be an evaluation of talent problem.
There simply may be too much weight placed into who offers.
Look at Tyrel Shavers’ tape for example. Dude was a borderline 5 star and committed to Bama. Then he transferred to Mississippi state and now at San Diego state. He was tall and bullied high school kids. But he couldn’t get any separation against any decent db but could catch the ball in traffic. I Assume when the level of talent at db got better and more physical he was a liability instead of an asset.

Now hindsight is 20/20 but compare that to AR’s film. There is a difference in his speed from his junior and senior film. His running is more crisp and he looks bigger.
He was also heavily courted by Saban and even lashlee was recruiting him hard to auburn.

Ultimately no one knows why some player develops better than other and we give credit to some coach that may or may not be teaching the same thing as another coach. No one is consistently putting 3 stars as day 1 or 2 pick in the league at any position on a consistent basis to say they are some guru.
I always felt that Pope just wasn’t buying into the system or the coaching and in his mind he defeated himself. And 3 offensive staffs may have worsened the situation for him despite other players saying fck it im grinding regardless.

AR was the best outside receiver we’ve had since Andre Johnson. And like I posted before it would be easier to find an Antonio Brown than it would be to find another AR.

Advertisement
We have no luck developing/getting NFL WRs. It is odd to be located in an area this rich and in a 15 year span the best we can put in the NFL as a prospect is Dorsett. AR looked to be on the path but he had some bad health luck.

That's a staggering statement and indictment on our program at the WR position IMO

We have no luck developing/getting NFL WRs. It is odd to be located in an area this rich and in a 15 year span the best we can put in the NFL as a prospect is Dorsett. AR looked to be on the path but he had some bad health luck.

That's a staggering statement and indictment on our program at the WR position IMO
Hurns, Benjamin, and Dorsett is a pretty pathetic list as of late

Hurns, Benjamin, and Dorsett is a pretty pathetic list as of late
Hank was what a 3rd Rounder?

How many WRs within 100 mile radius of our campus have made the NFL in that 15 years? Would be scary to find out. And it's not just one Coach/Staff, it's been a handful. So odd to me.

Advertisement
NFL spends millions on scouting, they have a thorough vetting process plus they are evaluating amore mature and develop product. Yet they get it wrong a lot, why should we care about what some site of amateurs tells us about who is a four or five star.
To much common sense for some around here..

check out the video made on may 29th

yall sleeping on this kid, he's doing all the things we look for: he showed solid route running, ability to make guys miss, and he's out running guys while eating up angles. he's in lil weezy ana so he's playing against talent ...
Most people agree outside this site that he’s highly underrated and balls out whether in pads, 7v7 or camps. He’s a competitor and a great take. Per usual the star slurpers of this site are complaining.

I will say this "star slurper teams" aka best recruiting teams, those who accumulate (slurp up) the most stars are the ones in the Final 4 year after year after year. You can downplay it all you want but it's a fact, "star slurping" teams are winning teams. Are there misses? WELL OF COURSE, but if you bring in multiple 4-5 star guys at every position there can be misses and you can still win.

that's a fact in today's CFB recruiting World unfortunately

In retrospect, I think the one thing Pope lacked a little bit was productivity in the football games he played. I can't find his HS stats but I vaguely remember him having like 30ish catches for 600 yards as a junior on that state champion Southridge team, and that being his best season.
But yeah, he did very well in 7 v. 7 camps, was a UA AA, and got invited to the finals of The Opening.

Advertisement
Back