Landon Ibieta Hudl HiLites

That makes no sense. You think it's all random and there's nothing to look for to impact evaluations? Then why even post on a recruiting site?

Nothing is 100% random. Some coaches are better than others at evaluations. That assistants change isn't a flaw in this observation -- if anything, it's proof of it. You think this is all 'art' or taste or guessing. I have consistently pointed out on this site for years that it's not that at all. It's process and discipline and hard work. You have to identify what you're looking for, and what you want to rule out / avoid. Physically and on-field and personality / character traits. You have to have a spec for your overall team, and your position groups, and you have to understand your needs and priorities. You have to have a solid, data-driven, systematic approach to identifying kids, prioritizing resources, and making decisions. You have to be willing to go back and re-think and re-prioritize based on new information. There are a lot of decisions that go into evaluations. Any time there are a lot of decisions, some people are going to be better than others at the exercise. Generally, those with process control will prevail. That's Saban, first and foremost.

Anyhow, you say these programs recruit 'the best players.' But that misses the point. The best according to who? You think Alabama and Clemson are recruiting the players that Rivals or 247 recommend? They sure don't think that's what they're doing.

Yes, we have to sell better, change more minds, and coach better. But it starts with evaluating the talent. All organizations start there.
It doesn’t take a data driven analytics geek fest to look at ps2 for 1 qtr and offer him.
Anyone with 2 brain cells could look at HaHa Dix and Najee Harris and offer them on the spot. Did he have to consult some lineman genius to offer the 2 offensive tackles he just got this year? Those guys are freaks. Most schools would be lucky to get one. That little mfer got both.

If Saban has this brain of talent masters than why aren’t all of his recruits draft picks. Why didn’t he recruit all the other sofla players that balled out and made the league over the past 15 years that nobody wanted like Jpp and Mack? It’s not like he doesn’t have a network of coaches that have his cell number all over Florida.
Didn’t they invent the Saban rule cause he had his coaches out there looking for talent all year long and other schools couldn’t make their coaches do that? And even with that he still goes after the same highly rated players that all the top schools do.

Yes he scouts players, but still comes back with the same results as everyone else. it’s not like he’s going after players nobody else wants cause of some football geek braintrust he has.
He just manages to get more of the kids everybody else wants and we act like he’s the king Midas of nfl draft picks.

Saban also has the benefit of waiting. He can literally wait until a kids senior season and have him commit and amass as much film and camp performance he wants. No punishment for slow playing at all. No punishment for pushing a player out. No punishment for missing on talent. No punishment for Jarez Parks taking a grey shirt or whatever and that dude is on nobody’s draft board.
Didn’t he flip battle from Ohio state right before signing day? We’re trying to flip Singletary despite him knowing t rob for like 2 years.
Yes, saban deserves that benefit of the doubt and earned that with the w’s and rings. But he gets those w’s by amassing the most talent over the past 12 years than any other team. And now he’s even paying nfl coaches.
It’s almost a given every year he ends up with the number one class. And on top of that he keeps a lot of players for 4 years despite them being draft picks. And he also just got the 2 best players in the portal.

Edit: Jarez Parks ain’t even on Alabama’s roster anymore. And yet he’s not in the portal. That’s how much control that little midget has on his players.
Alabama has 8 scholarship outside linebackers still left on the roster. Dallas turner being one of them. And I’m sure everyone in here and on all the other draft boards know who he is.

Advertisement
I will say this "star slurper teams" aka best recruiting teams, those who accumulate (slurp up) the most stars are the ones in the Final 4 year after year after year. You can downplay it all you want but it's a fact, "star slurping" teams are winning teams. Are there misses? WELL OF COURSE, but if you bring in multiple 4-5 star guys at every position there can be misses and you can still win.

that's a fact in today's CFB recruiting World unfortunately
If there was no pandemic he would be a four star. I don’t care whether he’s a two star, watch his tape. Sorry we took Greg Rousseau as he’s a 3 star. You can win with a lot of 3 stars if you evaluate correctly. Iowa State for example.
also we are not going to get as many 4/5 stars as bama, osu, uga until we start showing w’s. maybe with the changes coming into ncaa we will whether we win or lose but the further we get from 02 the harder the pitch is cause these kids were not born yet

still got luv for you. I enjoy your posts

Doubt any school in the country spends millions of dollars on scouting.
Depends on what you count. There‘s direct amd indirect, hostong officials, unofficials, coach travel, camps, database licenses, recruiting staff, travel IT systems, private air travel, helicopters. The total cost of that sdds up.

It doesn’t take a data driven analytics geek fest to look at ps2 for 1 qtr and offer him.
Anyone with 2 brain cells could look at HaHa Dix and Najee Harris and offer them on the spot. Did he have to consult some lineman genius to offer the 2 offensive tackles he just got this year? Those guys are freaks. Most schools would be lucky to get one. That little mfer got both.

If Saban has this brain of talent masters than why aren’t all of his recruits draft picks. Why didn’t he recruit all the other sofla players that balled out and made the league over the past 15 years that nobody wanted like Jpp and Mack? It’s not like he doesn’t have a network of coaches that have his cell number all over Florida.
Didn’t they invent the Saban rule cause he had his coaches out there looking for talent all year long and other schools couldn’t make their coaches do that? And even with that he still goes after the same highly rated players that all the top schools do.

Yes he scouts players, but still comes back with the same results as everyone else. it’s not like he’s going after players nobody else wants cause of some football geek braintrust he has.
He just manages to get more of the kids everybody else wants and we act like he’s the king Midas of nfl draft picks.

Saban also has the benefit of waiting. He can literally wait until a kids senior season and have him commit and amass as much film and camp performance he wants. No punishment for slow playing at all. No punishment for pushing a player out. No punishment for missing on talent. No punishment for Jarez Parks taking a grey shirt or whatever and that dude is on nobody’s draft board.
Didn’t he flip battle from Ohio state right before signing day? We’re trying to flip Singletary despite him knowing t rob for like 2 years.
Yes, saban deserves that benefit of the doubt and earned that with the w’s and rings. But he gets those w’s by amassing the most talent over the past 12 years than any other team. And now he’s even paying nfl coaches.
It’s almost a given every year he ends up with the number one class. And on top of that he keeps a lot of players for 4 years despite them being draft picks. And he also just got the 2 best players in the portal.

Edit: Jarez Parks ain’t even on Alabama’s roster anymore. And yet he’s not in the portal. That’s how much control that little midget has on his players.
Alabama has 8 scholarship outside linebackers still left on the roster. Dallas turner being one of them. And I’m sure everyone in here and on all the other draft boards know who he is.
Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

Big facts these guys think he turned ps2 and jerry jeudy into stars lmao

Advertisement

I think his average class rating over the last 8 years is #5 I saw on 247 a month back which doesn’t make sense, it’s probably 3 maybe 2 but I’d make the argument that Georgia recruits a little better but Kirby is a sh•t coach so it doesn’t matter if they’re starting all 5 stars on offense and defense.

I meant combined, but OK..... I will tell you this, they pay guys more money than you make to scout HS prospects.

Depends on what you count. There‘s direct amd indirect, hostong officials, unofficials, coach travel, camps, database licenses, recruiting staff, travel IT systems, private air travel, helicopters. The total cost of that sdds up.

Still, it doesnt get to the millions.

Still, it doesnt get to the millions.
If you include data analytics and player personnel groups, it easily could at alabama. They certainly have a significant investment in data architecture and systems. Also, every time Saban goes wheels up on private travel, it’s 10+G gone.

Meh...I'm with LSU on this eval. He's no Isiah Bond, that's for sure. I'm not buying the 4.51.
We need twitch. I hope our true Freshmen have some, because it's not on the roster and Ibieta doesn't have it.
The shuttle time is elite, and change of direction and change of pace is primarily how WRs get open beyond high school.

Advertisement
I think his average class rating over the last 8 years is #5 I saw on 247 a month back which doesn’t make sense, it’s probably 3 maybe 2 but I’d make the argument that Georgia recruits a little better but Kirby is a sh•t coach so it doesn’t matter if they’re starting all 5 stars on offense and defense.
Since 2011 They’ve finished number one every year except 2018 (5th)when they only took 22 players and 2019 when they finished second to UGa.

I’m struggling to identify what there isn’t to like about this kid from his tape, measurables and other info. Maybe he doesn’t have that separation burst of jeudy or coley, or the long speed of cooper, but he’s a 4.5 40, 4.0 shuttle and sub-11 100M kid. He’s fast.
Don't forget to add that there is rarely a clip where he isn't catching the ball with his hands. That's one thing I look for when watching wr is do they catch the ball with their hands or do they use their bodies to catch the ball. More often than not the hand catchers don't suffer from drops unlike the body catchers

Advertisement
Back