Lamar Thomas and David Cooney not expected to get the WR Job.

Advertisement
Did someone competent take over Manny’s body?
Such a stupid thing to say . He literally has made 1 mistake since becoming coach - hiring Enos . Every other move he has made has been great . He completely understands what needs to happen. Now we need to see if he can get it done. Anyone who has made a judgement on Diaz good or bad is a fool. You don't judge a coach after his first season of head coaching EVER. Now if this was his 3rd time being a HC and he just had that season then that is another thing entirely but he is learning as he goes and he is so good in terms of being the face and the voice of the program you gotta give him a little leeway.

With all that being said With king at QB and Lashlee at OC if we don't win 9-10 games and the coastal next season is going to be on the hotseat big time and should be.

Such a stupid thing to say . He literally has made 1 mistake since becoming coach - hiring Enos . Every other move he has made has been great . He completely understands what needs to happen. Now we need to see if he can get it done. Anyone who has made a judgement on Diaz good or bad is a fool. You don't judge a coach after his first season of head coaching EVER. Now if this was his 3rd time being a HC and he just had that season then that is another thing entirely but he is learning as he goes and he is so good in terms of being the face and the voice of the program you gotta give him a little leeway.

With all that being said With king at QB and Lashlee at OC if we don't win 9-10 games and the coastal next season is going to be on the hotseat big time and should be.
That’s a stupid take. So if Diaz went 0-13 we couldn’t make any judgments on him as a coach?

And Enos wasn’t his only mistake. The way he handled player issues and Tate going on vacation mid season is on him.

Manny having to babysit Baker for at least half the season is on him. And retaining all of his buddies on defense when they clearly haven’t recruited well.

Advertisement
Image result for good gif

That’s a stupid take. So if Diaz went 0-13 we couldn’t make any judgments on him as a coach?

And Enos wasn’t his only mistake. The way he handled player issues and Tate going on vacation mid season is on him.

Manny having to babysit Baker for at least half the season is on him. And retaining all of his buddies on defense when they clearly haven’t recruited well.

Bruh thinks Manny only made one mistake.🤣😂🤣 Smh.

Advertisement
I'm liking some of these names.

We have the makings of an innovative offensive council. You have Lashlee obviously and his pedigree, but also Justice who was also an OC and brings in a different set of spread elements.

You pair them w an Air Raid guy from that Briles tree, and that's quite a brain trust.

I think Jason Phillips is intriguing and gives us another recruiter in bayou (where he's from) and Texas (has had two stops with UH and also coached at SMU from 12-15 and Baylor for a year)

I'd like to see him get the gig.

If your offense requires your WR Coach be schooled in the ways of it, you’re running the wrong offense.
People made this same point about Stubbs and it was dumb then. An ”Air Raid” offense is like 4 plays. The route tree isn’t overly complicated.

Just go out and get somebody that is young and can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves, and teach them the Air Raid principles.

Advertisement
If your offense requires your WR Coach be schooled in the ways of it, you’re running the wrong offense.
People made this same point about Stubbs and it was dumb then. An ”Air Raid” offense is like 4 plays. The route tree isn’t overly complicated.

Just go out and get somebody that is young and can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves, and teach them the Air Raid principles.

This ultimately is my point...Of the names I think Phillips may be as good as any. BUT, I'd really like a try-county ace with the spot. Lashlee can handle the WR and give his guy his expectations and good on the job training.

Why?

Lamar Thomas is not what we need right now for a WR coach & Cooney is perfect in his position as Director of Recruiting, he's not cut out to be a full time WR's coach.

We need somebody that can recruit & help teach the WR's Lashlee's offense.

Who are YOU to say either of them dudes aren’t ready? You aren’t around either of those dudes AT ALL in ANY CAPACITY to know their work ethic, coaching talent or what they’re capable of teaching. You haven’t ever in your life worked with either of those dudes.

Curtis Johnson is considered the best WR coach we’ve ever had yet he came here without a stellar resume & did wonders here. We don’t need anyone that already knows one of the easiest offenses ever to run for WR’s.

You’re so far out of pocket that I’m ‘almost’ disgusted. Coaching is about relationships..not solely just knowledge.

I swear it be your own peoples.

Last edited:

200.gif

Advertisement

yfEjNtvqFBfTa.gif

Muppets gonna muppet.

Manuela or Lashlee?

OC should be making this hire, not HC.

Don't agree. Most competent HCs should have the final say. If it wasn't Manny in charge, would you still say the OC should make the call? I mean that is how we had Barry and Stubbs bc of Enos making the picks.

The OC should have a lot of interest but a legit HC would and should make the decision.

Don't agree. Most competent HCs should have the final say. If it wasn't Manny in charge, would you still say the OC should make the call? I mean that is how we had Barry and Stubbs bc of Enos making the picks.

The OC should have a lot of interest but a legit HC would and should make the decision.

What you describe above is a way of doing it for sure, but majority of high performing organizations do not work that way.

HC sets tone for whole org. Hires his direct reports OC/DC/and now CoS.

IF a HC is hiring staff (can give input/guidance sure) below those levels, just not a great look for HC or OC positions.

There are examples of both philosophies for sure, with heavy skewing towards what I offered.

No worries.

Advertisement
Back