Lamar Thomas and David Cooney not expected to get the WR Job.

Advertisement
Name to watch Chris Ostrowsky.

It's like Diaz goes out of his way to make some of this **** difficult

Stubbs/Ostrowksy
Won't budge on this Rumph
Hires and sticks with dudes named Banda/Patke (puts Banda right in the fire as Dade County point man for recruiting and wonder why kids won't come)

You want WR play and room to be better? Hire the man that (along with a pulse on offense) can bring in 2 of Brooks, Yul Brown, J.George, Alexis, Brinson, B.Brown, Stellato

Hire the guy that wouldn't have missed (as a matter of fact was dumb enough to force out or ignore a couple of them) on ALL of...T.Jones-Bell, Rosemy, Fleming, Poitier, X.Henderson, B.Rob, Emilen, Canion, Gowdy (pre tragic loss, r.i.p)

Last edited:
Keep grinding, getting better, recruiting, tweaking this staff.. and he might just keep his job

His main thing is getting his composure. No more of the “far away look” bull**** on the sideline.

He has to embrace and step into his alpha ness without fear of consequences. It’s not impossible, but it’s not easy. Many men have done it and he can be on of them.

If he doesn’t, he will be fired rather quickly. If he does, look out. He has traits that will make for a good coach. The problem is he is lacking in THE MOST IMPORTANT TRAIT.

Oh and he gonna have to do better on the recruiting trail too. Can’t keep missing and having unbalanced rosters.

Who are YOU to say either of them dudes aren’t ready? You aren’t around either of those dudes AT ALL in ANY CAPACITY to know their work ethic, coaching talent or what they’re capable of teaching. You haven’t ever in your life worked with either of those dudes.

Curtis Johnson is considered the best WR coach we’ve ever had yet he came here without a stellar resume & did wonders here. We don’t need anyone that already knows one of the easiest offenses ever to run for WR’s.

You’re so far out of pocket that I’m ‘almost’ disgusted. Coaching is about relationships..not solely just knowledge.

I swear it be your own peoples.

I enjoy and appreciate your take on players but can't agree with anything in this post. LCE is another well-respected poster and is entitled to his opinion.

I could flip the discussion around on you and ask if you've ever worked with either in any capacity, why you think they are qualified, what you think is different than many others who clown about Cooney based on their direct work with him at UM or in the 7-on-7 circuit.....but i won't. Everyone has their own opinions and that's what a sport message forum is for. Without debate or varying input, it dies.

IMO, coaching is much more than just relationships. I don't care if you are the nicest or most well-liked guy ever.....if you suck at coaching and it hurts the position/team, i don't want you. Most careers out there require people to prove themselves in come capacity, be it a great GPA at an elite Ivy League school, great job experience at well-respected companies, something. Why should coaching be anything different? Why should fans expect UM to continue giving first timers jobs just bc of where they were born or who they are friends with?

Advertisement
1580579739667.png

1580579755997.png

Who are YOU to say either of them dudes aren’t ready? You aren’t around either of those dudes AT ALL in ANY CAPACITY to know their work ethic, coaching talent or what they’re capable of teaching. You haven’t ever in your life worked with either of those dudes.

Curtis Johnson is considered the best WR coach we’ve ever had yet he came here without a stellar resume & did wonders here. We don’t need anyone that already knows one of the easiest offenses ever to run for WR’s.

You’re so far out of pocket that I’m ‘almost’ disgusted. Coaching is about relationships..not solely just knowledge.

I swear it be your own peoples.
Wtf are you so emotional about?

Nobody is trying to hire Cooney or Lamar Thomas to be their WR's coach, so why should we?

Cooney has done a good job as recruiting coordinator, but he has no experience as a college coach & minimal experience as a high school coach, he's a better fit in his current role than as an on field position coach.

And secondly, bruh what the **** are you even talking about? I made thread with **** near 20-30 potential WR's coach candidates all of whom were Black, so what are you getting at?

Nobody is trying to hire Cooney or Lamar Thomas to be their WR's coach, so why should we? Cooney has done a good job as recruiting coordinator, but he has no experience as a college coach & minimal experience as a high school coach, he's a better fit in his current role than as an on field position coach. And secondly, bruh what the **** are you even talking about? I made thread with **** near 20-30 potential WR's coach candidates all of whom were Black, so what are you getting at?
Let Cooney take the Joel Rodriguez approach. Cut your teeth as a first time position coach elsewhere & then maybe down the line we can revisit this. He didn’t seem upset over JR though. I wonder why. ✊🏿

Advertisement
Don't agree. Most competent HCs should have the final say. If it wasn't Manny in charge, would you still say the OC should make the call? I mean that is how we had Barry and Stubbs bc of Enos making the picks.

The OC should have a lot of interest but a legit HC would and should make the decision.
Manny competency is still under evaluation!

Advertisement
I mean seriously, slants, shallow routes, crossing routes, etc, are all incorporated. Sure you may have a couple of verts on many of the routes sometimes three, but four? Come on

I was hoping not for his sake because he was very wrong. Shallow crossers and flat routes are huge in the air raid.

I'm fine with this because Miami is changing to a spread for the first time in its history. Bring in someone who understands what a modern college spread offense looks like who can help us install it.

I was hoping not for his sake because he was very wrong. Shallow crossers and flat routes are huge in the air raid.
Maybe some sluggos as well. We keep running these slants off the rpo, might as well fake it and hit a go route off of it.

Advertisement
It’s a message board. People give opinions. Others agree or disagree & open dialogue proceeds. He’s literally giving his take, which is shared by most. The floor is open, make your case as to why you think Lamar should be given another opportunity or why Cooney deserves the promotion to an offense he has never coached in, from a HC who’s seat couldn’t get any hotter.

Your last line is stupid btw.

SAND

I enjoy and appreciate your take on players but can't agree with anything in this post. LCE is another well-respected poster and is entitled to his opinion.

I could flip the discussion around on you and ask if you've ever worked with either in any capacity, why you think they are qualified, what you think is different than many others who clown about Cooney based on their direct work with him at UM or in the 7-on-7 circuit.....but i won't. Everyone has their own opinions and that's what a sport message forum is for. Without debate or varying input, it dies.

IMO, coaching is much more than just relationships. I don't care if you are the nicest or most well-liked guy ever.....if you suck at coaching and it hurts the position/team, i don't want you. Most careers out there require people to prove themselves in come capacity, be it a great GPA at an elite Ivy League school, great job experience at well-respected companies, something. Why should coaching be anything different? Why should fans expect UM to continue giving first timers jobs just bc of where they were born or who they are friends with?

Who cares

Wtf are you so emotional about?

Nobody is trying to hire Cooney or Lamar Thomas to be their WR's coach, so why should we?

Cooney has done a good job as recruiting coordinator, but he has no experience as a college coach & minimal experience as a high school coach, he's a better fit in his current role than as an on field position coach.

And secondly, bruh what the **** are you even talking about? I made thread with **** near 20-30 potential WR's coach candidates all of whom were Black, so what are you getting at?

How do you know whose trying to hire them? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 at that make believe stuff. You don’t even know these people. Cooney has turned jobs down..period.

Yall are the same folks that claimed Stubbs was a horrible coach yet he was hired the away from here so what sense does that logic make?

Same people on this board that claimed no one wanted Coach Kul but had no idea he stopped coaching due to personal demons he was battling.

Imho yall do the most & you know exactly what I was getting at.

Didn’t you have Trooper Taylor on your list? According to your logic he ain’t **** either right?

It be your own people..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back