Lamar Jackson MVP

LOL at coaches worrying about 10-15 years from now,

Derrick Henry wont survive 5 years from now running 35 times a game you think ciaches give a **** about that?

Lamar Jackson is a lot better at QB then we all thought he would be including me,
suprisingly he is more accurate then I thought he would be also 58% last year 66% this year. He improved a lot from last year.

I do agree he cant keep running like this
That’s my point , what they’re doing is dangerous and not helping his growth. He has potential to be a lot more but he can’t improve running this crap.

I actually said he’d be good , he just needed a year or two to work on mechanics. He was never like a Vick , he was a better passer than what the scouts were saying.

Imagine what Andy Reid would do with him, you think they’d be running this mess with him?

My beef is more with Greg Roman and the ravens. I know all about Roman lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the complete opposite..Lamar doesn’t have a run first mentality as much as he should. Especially tonight. I thought he should’ve taken off more..I think most his runs tonight especially early on were designed runs..ppl who don’t watch him assume he is a run read take off QB..but he’s not at all..tonight I wish he would’ve taken off a couple times
Only problem with that is that he would get beat up. Bottom line. QB needs to get the ball to play makers. Use athleticism to prolong plays. Russell, Roger's, Mahomes, are great examples. They are athletic guys, but make plays with there arms...

A lot of people said he's a WR and couldn't play QB.

He just won the MVP as a QB. Now everyone wants to move the goalposts after they lost on their original take that he's not a quarterback in the NFL.

He's the same age as Joe Burrow. I think he'll be ok.

Only problem with that is that he would get beat up. Bottom line. QB needs to get the ball to play makers. Use athleticism to prolong plays. Russell, Roger's, Mahomes, are great examples. They are athletic guys, but make plays with there arms...

Somebody that gets it. Their brilliant scheme has dude running like a rb 15-20 times a game , then mix in scramble runs oh and a elementary passing game. Greg Roman lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never said he’s a run first , I said their entire o is based off the run action. Which makes reads very simple. Which is great , until somebody stops the run and makes him a full on pocket qb. That’s not helping him long term.

Whenever you make him strictly pass first he’s in trouble. And even then he runs after a couple of reads.

What the ravens are doing isn’t a long term fix for the qb , this isn’t some new amazing o, it’s a high school o. That uses his athletic ability to make their running game great , but puts him in danger every play. And it doesn’t help growth as a qb.

They’re literally doing the exact same thing the broncos did with Tebow. Lamar is just more accurate.
Lmaoo..I have no response bro..u just put Tebow in the same sentence with Lamar..all offense are run 1st..ravens played a team that is a ball control o..like playing against a triple option..there wasn’t enough possessions in the game for Baltimore to get down 14-0 with how the Titans run the ball..story was the cast around Lamar having bad game and that D letting Henry get off

I think the complete opposite..Lamar doesn’t have a run first mentality as much as he should. Especially tonight. I thought he should’ve taken off more..I think most his runs tonight especially early on were designed runs..ppl who don’t watch him assume he is a run read take off QB..but he’s not at all..tonight I wish he would’ve taken off a couple times
Don’t even bother it’s clear agendas here. The kid isn’t Tebow completing 6 passes a game he ***ing threw for over 3k yards 36 TDs while completing over 65% of his passes. I’m sure he did all that rolling out and scrambling not from the pocket at all.

I agree. But that’s the system they run. I also don’t think Lamar tales dead on shots and is a smarter runner then past guys with his game..but all it takes is one hit

Advertisement
For the few of you who all of a sudden think Lamar sucks, which QBs would you take ahead of him if you were building a team?

Don’t even bother it’s clear agendas here. The kid isn’t Tebow completing 6 passes a game he ***ing threw for over 3k yards 36 TDs while completing over 65% of his passes. I’m sure he did all that rolling out and scrambling not from the pocket at all.
Lol I know bro..I can’t help it tho..these mofos wildin

Lamar is 23. Peyton Manning didn't win his first playoff game until he was 27. And individually, he performed way worse than Lamar did last night.

They need to get better throwing it outside the numbers. That means the front office needs to add better players and Lamar needs to get better individually. He needs to work on driving the ball and using his legs as opposed to flicking it, which works better between the numbers.

Advertisement
Lamar is 23. Peyton Manning didn't win his first playoff game until he was 27. And individually, he performed way worse than Lamar did last night.

They need to get better throwing it outside the numbers. That means the front office needs to add better players and Lamar needs to get better individually. He needs to work on driving the ball and using his legs as opposed to flicking it, which works better between the numbers.

Please don’t compare Jackson to Peyton Manning that’s just embarrassing.

Lamar Jackson needs more weapons around him. Marquise Brown is an injury prone, inconsistent WR who is not a legit WR1. Who else is he throwing to at WR, Seth Roberts, Willie Snead, and Boykin? That may be the worst starting WR corp outside of the Raiders. Ingram is getting old for an RB and they have a few nice TEs, but they need help. Luckily for them, this is the deepest WR draft class since maybe ever.

I’ll never understand the people saying he has a weak arm smh. The kid can stand flat footed and flick off 40 yard laser. He still trying to find a happy medium with his heat will remaining accurate. It’s his second season dudes act like qbs just come in winning SB’s in the first couple years. I’d love to see the list of all the “pocket passers” that won Superbowls in the first two years. I’m sure it’s going to be a long list smh.

The problem with his flick is that it tends to float and wobble at times. It happened on more than one occasion yesterday. A few floated high and others were in the air long enough for defenders to break on it and knock it away. His flick is only beneficial when under pressure and getting it out quickly sidearm around defenders, which he also did multiple times yesterday.

All that said, he does not have a great arm. It's not weak like Kellen Moore or Chad Pennington, but it's far from strong.

Advertisement
If u want to get real, all of this is in coaching. Go back to peewee ball, middle school, high school, college, etc. Rather than coaching up these young bucks, these hacks exploit the kids talents. Eventually, they find themselves in the league realize everyone else is big, fast, and athletic. To late to brush up skills then. Happens in all sports. One thing worth noting is that Lamar is younger that the potential #1 pick in the draft. He could certainly improve. Question is, how much. And will his ciachea truly allow him to. It is a win now league.

Any of you football geniuses that doubt Lamar right now need to drink more. You making yourself look more stupid than you already are.

The Titans have went white hot and Henry is learning how to be just as dominant as a back as he has... Well his entire life. Just now in the NFL.

Please don't doubt Jackson...this is the NFL and its the playoffs.. I'M sure at kraft a handful of you wise guys doubt Peyton in NO too. Guess what thats the way it goes and that's why they're all Pros.

And and also, that's why you're sitting your *** in a chair watching these guys do things you can only dream of. Yet you think you can pass judgment.
GTFOH
I think you need to Gtfoh.

Lamar has a questionable release and throws some wobblers/floaters out there.....just as he did in college and showed in workouts.

I expected him to be a below-average passer. Fundamentally he is. Results-based and stats, he isn't. He has exceeded my expectations this year and by far! Credit to the Ravens staff for putting an offense in place that tailors to Jackson's strengths.

All that said, a big part of yesterday's game was on Jackson. He'll mature and get better but the playoffs usually expose deficiencies teams have as other staffs work harder to expose them vs the regular season. He missed throws early. The INT so many are blaming on Andrews was on Jackson imo. That ball was so high Andrews was fully extended and it only hit his finger tips. He's a 260 pound tight end running a crosser while trying to leap, not a flexible WR with better in air body control and gumby arms. Jackson missed other throws high or behind guys. The Snead drop was well behind him on another crosser, another very difficult adjustment to make. He also did not follow his blocker on the 4th and 1. Baltimore fell behind and couldn't do what made them so good on offense this year, which is run the pass and mix in zone read/play action passes to tight ends.

Jackson ended up with crazy high stats but you have to take the passing stats with a grain of salt. Tennessee played off, allowing underneath throws to kill the clock and it took 50 passes to get it.

Advertisement
Back