Lamar Jackson MVP

Advertisement
I agree. But my point was it’s such a one sided bet at this time to say Payton will have a better career. Payton has the players around him to accomplish all that he did. He never would have broke records with the WRs Jackson has. Payton weapons around him were 10x what Lamar has right now. Even when he went to Denver he had Thomas (at TE and WR), Walker, and a stud oline and defense. They carried him to that second super bowl. Unless any QB gets the talent Payton had around him, they will never come close to having a career like he had no matter their talent. Mahomes has the talent to be as good as Payton but the squad around him will have a say in that. Dee Ford doesn’t jump offsides and he is potentially already halfway to Paytons SB wins.
I agree with some of your points, but look at what those weapons did at other places. The Thomas's did squat anywhere else they have been.

What's truly crazy is that both Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill are unrestricted free agents after this season and the Titans can only use the franchise tag on one of them. Henry has said the Titans have not even had contract talks with him yet, and it is rumored the Titans will franchise Tannehill.

While Derrick Henry has a bunch of miles on those tires, he will command a serious payday and the Dolphins have the loot to go after him if they want.

Only problem with that is that he would get beat up. Bottom line. QB needs to get the ball to play makers. Use athleticism to prolong plays. Russell, Roger's, Mahomes, are great examples. They are athletic guys, but make plays with there arms...
So Lamar hasn’t made plays with his arm and from the pocket this year?? Have you watched him play? Did you not watch him carve up defenses from the pocket and on unscheduled plays all year? This narrative alway get brought up with QBs like Lamar. Flat out ignore the plays he’s made from the pocket and on the move. Even some of the throws he made last night when he was under constant pressure in the pocket. His WRs left too many plays on the field.

Advertisement
Please don’t compare Jackson to Peyton Manning that’s just embarrassing.
He’s numbers this year are on par with manning early seasons..as a thrower they are actually better and that not even close..ppl who think Lamar is one year wonder after last night are fooling themselves and just holding on to the perceptions they had of Lamar before this season

Titans won because of Jackson.
Titans won for 3 reason:

-harbaughs decisions to go for it on their 2nd drive then on that opening 3rd quarter drive. 14 points.

-ravens in ability to stop Henry. Almost 200 yards rushing

- Ravens playmakers dropping key passes. That first int was a drop.

Imo Lamar should’ve taken off more than he should’ve but tried to put faith in his guys to make the plays they had been making for him all year

He’s numbers this year are on par with manning early seasons..as a thrower they are actually better and that not even close..ppl who think Lamar is one year wonder after last night are fooling themselves and just holding on to the perceptions they had of Lamar before this season

Stop comparing a guy who hasn’t won a playoff game to a 2 time super bowl champion , a future hall of famer and one of the greatest to play the game.

He had one good year let’s not start sucking his **** quite yet.

Last edited:
Stop comparing a guy who hasn’t one a playoff game to a 2 time super bowl champion , a future hall of famer and one of the greatest to play the game.

He had one good year let’s not start sucking his **** quite yet.
I’m comparing the first 2 years, which is more than fair seeing the number Lamar put up with his arm. At age 23 Lamar is on a track to be one of the games best for a decade unless u think (many idiots do) he will forget how to throw or gets injured big time..his season Which was a top 5 QB season historically ..Peyton Manning had plenty of idiotic doubters his first 10 seasons in the in the league, and plenty of playoffs that didn’t live up to his reg season play. It wasn’t until the colts made plays in those games around him that he saw a ring.

Advertisement
What's truly crazy is that both Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill are unrestricted free agents after this season and the Titans can only use the franchise tag on one of them. Henry has said the Titans have not even had contract talks with him yet, and it is rumored the Titans will franchise Tannehill.

While Derrick Henry has a bunch of miles on those tires, he will command a serious payday and the Dolphins have the loot to go after him if they want.
This is crazy if true. Why put the franchise tag on Tannehill when Henry was clearly the reason why they have been successful? Tannehill is a nice guy, but is obviously a game manager.

I would take Henry for 2 or 3 yrs

This is crazy if true. Why put the franchise tag on Tannehill when Henry was clearly the reason why they have been successful? Tannehill is a nice guy, but is obviously a game manager.
I guess they think that Henry only has a few good more years left (foolish, if so) and Tannehill can play 6 or so more years?

He wasn’t great, was throwing uncharacteristically wobbly balls. Still, for somebody to have 500 yards in the playoffs being a bad game is indicative of how good he is. He turned 23 like a week ago. If I was in the Ravens Organization, my concern level would rightfully be around 0. He’ll be fine. Whole team was oddly flat and outcoached. Every break went against them. Just one of those games.

Advertisement
I’m comparing the first 2 years, which is more than fair seeing the number Lamar put up with his arm. At age 23 Lamar is on a track to be one of the games best for a decade unless u think (many idiots do) he will forget how to throw or gets injured big time..his season Which was a top 5 QB season historically ..Peyton Manning had plenty of idiotic doubters his first 10 seasons in the in the league, and plenty of playoffs that didn’t live up to his reg season play. It wasn’t until the colts made plays in those games around him that he saw a ring.

I’ll wait for that injury so this ludicrous talk can finally stop.

He will never even be better than Cam and I absolutely hate Cam as a player.

I’ll wait for that injury so this ludicrous talk can finally stop.

He will never even be better than Cam and I absolutely hate Cam as a player.
So u just a hater..I guess pat mahomes can’t throw and can’t get it done in the playoffs now huh?..but I’m guessing u wouldn’t make that same assessment..I wonder y

He wasn’t great, was throwing uncharacteristically wobbly balls. Still, for somebody to have 500 yards in the playoffs being a bad game is indicative of how good he is. He turned 23 like a week ago. If I was in the Ravens Organization, my concern level would rightfully be around 0. He’ll be fine. Whole team was oddly flat and outcoached. Every break went against them. Just one of those games.
They’d be smart to get him a physical weapon on the outside

Advertisement
What does Mahomes have to do with Jackson?
Both 2nd year starting..both about to get beat at home as overwhelming favs..both historic numbers passing..mahomes right now struggling because of the support cast dropping passed..but you’d only say one can’t throw..why?

Both 2nd year starting..both about to get beat at home as overwhelming favs..both historic numbers passing..mahomes right now struggling because of the support cast dropping passed..but you’d only say one can’t throw..why?

Where did I say Mahomes can throw? Are you just making up **** now?

Where did I say Mahomes can throw? Are you just making up **** now?
When mahomes gets sent home..would you make the same baseless assessment of pat? That’s my point. U said don’t compare Lamar to manning..well lamars passing numbers were better with less weapons around him. There only seems to be this type of assessment on QB like Lamar

Advertisement
Back