Kul out at Bama

Advertisement
If you're going to be a contrarian, you have to at least make sure that the positions you take do not contradict each other.

I'm all for trolling the sunshine of a new coaching hire; but let's at least make it a quality troll.
@SonnyLong is getting lazy. When he’s puts the effort in he comes w good shlt, but lately he seems to not be trying.

Hopefully he picks himself up and gets back to the form that made him so good in the first place.

He definitely wasn’t overrated as a pure coach.

Our guys feasted when he was here.

I don't disagree with this, but did you watch that NCG? Clemson OLine had the game of their lives. Sunshine had all day to throw back there.

@letsmeetattheQB turned into @LetsMeetTheQBInTheEndzoneToCongratulateHimForScoringOnUsAgain

I don't disagree with this, but did you watch that NCG? Clemson OLine had the game of their lives. Sunshine had all day to throw back there.

@letsmeetattheQB turned into @LetsMeetTheQBInTheEndzoneToCongratulateHimForScoringOnUsAgain
From the beginning, I told my buddy that is a Ohio St fan. Clemson was pushing Bama's Dline 3 to 4 yards deep. That's when I knew it was going to be a blow out. We were both surprised to say the least.

Advertisement
I thought that Kool's style would clash with what Bama likes from their defensive linemen and questioned the move from day one. Kool's reputation is entirely built on developing undersized pass rushers. Alabama's entire defense is predicated on having 300 pound behemoths clog running lanes, occupy blockers and push the pocket.

As for whether or not the guy is washed up or overrated? I'm not sure. I was not very impressed with his work here. Yes, the defense was more aggressive and improved sacks and tfls, But that's more of a product of the change in defensive scheme than some miracle worker with d linemen. I thought the D line was much better this season under Simpson. Gerald Willis and Joe Jackson will probably be our highest drafted linemen in quite some time.

There is a reason he uses "Meet me at the quarterback". Kul takes a penetrating, get upfield approach. It is a somewhat high risk, high reward philosophy but you can lose gap integrity and take yourself out of a play. His philosophy and technique fit well with what Diaz wants to do. He was definitely lacking in the recruiting department. A lot of that is due to the fact that he was a long time assistant at Missouri. You recruit to places that you know. That doesn't necessarily equate to being able to pull kids to Miami. Miami has always made its bread and butter with Florida kids sprinkled in with OOS to augment. He certainly did not leave us better off at tackle. I think he leaving was mutual because the defensive line class in 2018 was well below expectations. Did not think we was a great fit at Alabama either. We shall see but Saban is pretty hard on his assistants. He never gave Stoutland a raise as I understand it and he finally bolted for the league.

Advertisement
Dude says he has a Samsung phone and “accidentally” hits spelling and down votes. That must be the most haterish phone ever b/c all that **** do is accidentally hit everything that’s negative. Lol.
Lol. That's with you. With me, the dumbvote was intended. He didn't even gimme an "oops, my bad", like Jamie Kennedy in Malibu's Most Wanted, to make me feel better.

Advertisement
Too bad he couldn't put his ego aside and just ride it out here because he and Diaz are a perfect fit defensively.

We got Simpson now who is more than capable and by all accounts a good recruiter.

Advertisement
Enlighten me, what makes Enos a home run hire ?

Don’t be lazy..read some threads or analyses by CIS writers.

They put some thought and actual statistics and metrics behind their write ups. Not some lame spit out a one sentence “he’s not a homerun“. Who am I to take more seriously?

Advertisement
Back