Kul out at Bama

Advertisement
Why doesn't Kul just go to the NFL? Like seriously, the guy would absolutely kill in the NFL. It's obvious he hates recruiting and the BS with college football.
My guess is he's just a different type of guy and many aren't receptive to his personality because just coaching wise he's easily NFL worthy

I thought that Kool's style would clash with what Bama likes from their defensive linemen and questioned the move from day one. Kool's reputation is entirely built on developing undersized pass rushers. Alabama's entire defense is predicated on having 300 pound behemoths clog running lanes, occupy blockers and push the pocket.

As for whether or not the guy is washed up or overrated? I'm not sure. I was not very impressed with his work here. Yes, the defense was more aggressive and improved sacks and tfls, But that's more of a product of the change in defensive scheme than some miracle worker with d linemen. I thought the D line was much better this season under Simpson. Gerald Willis and Joe Jackson will probably be our highest drafted linemen in quite some time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still crack up how people around here, even Franchise, were saying how we've got the best DL coach in the country. I didn't buy it, argued with many, and now the guy is dog**** to you all. His Bama hire actually didn't favor my opinion on him and then you all turned on the dude. People reinvent history all the time here and are butthurt over things like him leaving.

Really need a fact checker for these clowns.
Kul is a terrific dl coach if your defensive scheme is aimed at getting in the backfield and pressuring the qb.

He’s not an ideal guy for saban because he is more sack and disruption oriented and saban schematically prefers to control gaps and suffocate an offense.

In either case, he is not a good recruiter, though the alabama recruiting machine makes that not really important. Elsewhere, it would be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMAO......Jess is Bush League

If you're going to be a contrarian, you have to at least make sure that the positions you take do not contradict each other.

I'm all for trolling the sunshine of a new coaching hire; but let's at least make it a quality troll.

Advertisement
Yeah Saban has always been am ******* but he must've been next level this time because everybody is begging to leave
I think the issue with Saban is a different one. People know he is a tough guy to work for. But from a career perspective, it can still be worth it. Look at Kirby Smart.

However, the quid pro quo is supposed to be that Saban does his part in helping his staff guys advance themselves. Support them for other positions. Otherwise they are just trapped in an abusive relationship.

I think Saban took some lessons from Smart and Kiffin that are not really helpful to his staff. He also seems to have blamed his staff for the Clemson loss, on both sides of the ball. Not exactly support or leadership accountability there. Then this year everyone started to bail and no doubt he has taken that badly too, probably accelerating the trend.

If, I say again IF, we should by some miracle get past Clemson next year and that QB, we should have pictures of all the Paradise Camp Turncoats on the wall in our hallway in the IPF.

Just a reminder of who stayed loyal during the hard times and who left for the bags.
Or we could put the pics of the players who best Clemson on the wall.

LMAO......Jess is Bush League
Dude u gotta come up w something new. Posts like this are too obvious, and people are gonna get numb to em.

U gotta come up with some new twist, Or people are gonna just scroll right by your work... which they’re already doing.

I have faith in u bud. U can do it.

Advertisement
Back