KT commits to Oregon smh

Wait a second.

So Mario is now an elite recruiter? I could've sworn I read just a couple of years ago how any success he had was due to being on Bama's staff.

When it's Bama, its bags. When it's Mario, he didn't outbid, he's just elite.

Anyhow, this board sure has a lot of flip floppers.
Not from me, I been Saying he was an elite recruiter

Advertisement
who gives a ***** about this, it has nothing to do with Miami, ope fully all you super mario fans tune in to the redbox bowl against 7-5 mich st
You claim you don't care but I guarantee you will be the first to start a thread if Oregon losses.

Naw cuddy; We hate your guy b/c he’s been a head coach for 18 yrs and he hasn’t adjusted to the times.

We hate your guy b/c he’s the first coach in 60 yrs at this program to own three 4 game losing streaks.

We hate your guy b/c of his stubborn ways and b/c of his stubborn ways, we just wasted an all time great defensive season against the 57th SOS ranking to begin the season, and to end the season, our SOS ranking was 45th.

We hate your guy b/c he says things like we don’t need explosive plays, it’s OK that we lost as long as we played hard, or the players need to learn to execute v. looking in the mirror himself.

We hate your guy b/c of the chit show that entire locker room has become.

We hate your guy b/c in year three, there were more head scratching play calls and decisions that one would expect from a 1st yr or ****, a 3rd yr coach, not a guy who’s been coaching, collectively, for dang near 30 yrs.

But most importantly, we hate your guy b/c of HIS fans; folks who hide behind the cloak of being a Miami Hurricane fan, yet are going to bat defending Richt no matter what his decisions have done to hurt OUR program.
Let's not forget that he hired his then 24 year old son to coach the most important position in sports, at a school once known as QB U. Then he stood by while said son missed on recruiting targets (often his only 1), had his QB room transfer, suspended & regress & decided to perform his son's coaching duties for him. And now refuses to do anything about him.

That's reason enough for me anyway.

Let's not forget that he hired his then 24 year old son to coach the most important position in sports, at a school once known as QB U. Then he stood by while said son missed on recruiting targets (often his only 1), had his QB room transfer, suspended & regress & decided to perform his son's coaching duties for him. And now refuses to do anything about him.

That's reason enough for me anyway.
The haters keep harping on Herbert being a first rounder while ignoring the fact that Kaaya was a GUARANTEED 1st rounder til Mork and co. got a hold of him....sigh

Advertisement
And was owned by FAU **** near the whole time. I know what he did. Great recruiter..holding off to watching how he does at oregon in a conference worse than the acc coastal. His time at FIU wasnt enough to sell me on him as a good hc. Ill forever take him on my staff as a hired mercenary recruiter though lol

He can recruit. When he became the HC of Oregon I told people that he was like a football recruiting savant. He’s still learning as a HC but FIU didn’t give him much to work with. Pete Garcia almost destroyed that program. The only good thing Garcia did was hire Butch. Now young UO and coming coaches will find it more appealing as a stepping. Man there were rumors that Pete Garcia was using the budget for personal expenses. It was crazy what I used to read regarding that man as well as hear from people close to that program.

He can recruit. When he became the HC of Oregon I told people that he was like a football recruiting savant. He’s still learning as a HC but FIU didn’t give him much to work with. Pete Garcia almost destroyed that program. The only good thing Garcia did was hire Butch. Now young UO and coming coaches will find it more appealing as a stepping. Man there were rumors that Pete Garcia was using the budget for personal expenses. It was crazy what I used to read regarding that man as well as hear from people close to that program.
The team didn't even have a locker room or field house when Mario was there. High school portables and tents! Coach's offices were single wide mobile homes. A **** shame! And people trust to bring up his tenure at that cesspool lol

Advertisement
The team didn't even have a locker room or field house when Mario was there. High school portables and tents! Coach's offices were single wide mobile homes. A **** shame! And people trust to bring up his tenure at that cesspool lol

Yea I know. Some of my high school friends played under him. Don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t perfect as a HC and he had some major faults but for a first time HC without even coordinator experience he needed support which he was given at FIU. He was fired in 2012 and they were the laughing stock for another 5 more years because of Garcia. I never seen a D1 program ask for a running clock because they were getting beat so bad. That’s what his successor did. Garcia ruined a lot of talented students from all sports because he mismanaged the athletic department.

Besides being his alma mater, what exactly do we offer?? If he stay in Eugene and wins a Pac12 championship occasionally, he will be king there. Here, he wont even get $$ for decent assistants.

The thing is...he wont win an occasional pac 12 championship
Why haven't they won anything then? Man yall need to stop! Yall said the guy couldn't recruit and he's proven yall wrong! Just flipped one of the top kickers from Minnesota. More to come tomorrow...

Who in the **** said he couldnt recruit?. Thats BASICALLY ALL HE CAN DO

Advertisement
The thing is...he wont win an occasional pac 12 championship

Who in the **** said he couldnt recruit?. Thats BASICALLY ALL HE CAN DO

That's the problem with Mario. It'd be a great feeling the first year or two he'd be at Miami and bring in a load of talent.

By year 3 or 4, we'd be back to where we are where we're not dominating with the overwhelming talent advantage that we have versus other teams in the Coastal.

See Dabo lol

Now he's Dabo?.

I tell you what ....i dont really get the Mario Hype...but I think he is creeping up on making him and Richt a wash. Just for the simple fact he was smart enough to get Leavitt (he is LEGIT....offered me out of high school so he is smart).
Mario i will watch more...but im not a huge fan. Im a fan of him as a recruiter though....i know he can do that...Oregon also has Field(who worked for us)..and hired a rivals guy to work in the recruiting department as well.

But he shouldnt have a 12 page thread in here. He hasnt even won his division yet

That's the problem with Mario. It'd be a great feeling the first year or two he'd be at Miami and bring in a load of talent.

By year 3 or 4, we'd be back to where we are where we're not dominating with the overwhelming talent advantage that we have versus other teams in the Coastal.

Exactly...look at what they point to when regarding Mario...RECRUITING WINS and nothing else. Who are we UF looking for recruiting rankings titles?

Advertisement
Now he's Dabo?.

I tell you what ....i dont really get the Mario Hype...but I think he is creeping up on making him and Richt a wash. Just for the simple fact he was smart enough to get Leavitt (he is LEGIT....offered me out of high school so he is smart).
Mario i will watch more...but im not a huge fan. Im a fan of him as a recruiter though....i know he can do that...Oregon also has Field(who worked for us)..and hired a rivals guy to work in the recruiting department as well.

But he shouldnt have a 12 page thread in here. He hasnt even won his division yet
I'm just happy for the guy bro! Man help bring us two ships, so why root against him when his team ain't playing ours ?

Just because that's happening with Mork right now don't mean it's gonna happen to Mario lol

I'm just happy for the guy bro! Man help bring us two ships, so why root against him when his team ain't playing ours ?

Where's @gogeta4 rooting against Mario? He's just stating what a lot of fans know about Mario - great recruiter, horrible game day coach. Go watch that Oregon vs Stanford game. With the game won, he literally kept trying to run the ball instead of taking a knee. RB fumbled the ball, Stanford came back and won the game. Mario's an outstanding recruiter, but that's it.

Advertisement
Back