Kosi likely can't transfer this year

Yeah we need a legit backup to King. Not ready to hand the keys to a TF based on hype. (TVD) . Kosi or Tate shouldn’t be so quick to jump ship. King is a one year loan, they can battle for the job in 2021 with TVD. And may have the upper hand. TVD isnt Lashlees chosen QB either. He was Enos guy. Even playing field and no preconceived favorites.

Advertisement
Well I for one believe he is a cancer to the team also his quarterback play is subpar
Ok but his level of play isn't at issue here in terms of these posts. With Van Dyke in the fold and King coming in to QB the team for one year, I just don't see how most people would even be bothered to care that much one way or the other.

I agree that his level of play was for the most part underwhelming but I never saw Kosi as being a cancer on the team. Jarren Williams seemed to me to be the cancer and his comments right after the Bowl game really cemented that for me. If I was the head coach and heard what Jarren said after the shutout loss to La Tech, I would have had him cleaning out his locker upon return to Miami and that is assuming that I would even let him fly back with the rest of the team.

What I do know is that a flippant attitude and lackluster preparation will no longer be tolerated under Rhett Lashlee. Assuming that Kosi wants to be a part of this program going forward he will have to step up his entire method of preparation. The good news is that Kosi is a much better scheme fit in the new offense. I still maintain however that after one season of King as the starter that Van Dyke will emerge as the next starting quarterback with Kosi as the experienced backup but what the heck do I know anyway?

Jarren was a b*tch. Glad he's gone.

On the other hand, I don't know how I feel about a kid who's willing to ride the bench just because he likes the city.

He has 2 years left to prove he can play in the NFL. Is that not important to him? If it was and what some of you are saying is true, that Miami doesn't view him as a potential starter, this year or next, he should transfer and go compete. What competitor willingly rides the bench?

I don't want a kid to stay at Miami because he enjoys the perks and the lifestyle of playing in Miami. Isn't that the culture problem we are trying to remove?

A kid who was obviously content with being mediocre and sitting behind “Suitcase Jerry“ in Enos‘ dysfunctional QB room. He’s getting a pass because although he doesn’t want to lead - and hasn’t committed to honing his craft - he doesn’t want to transfer AND he’s a SFL BOI.

Last edited:
Never understood why he didnt enroll early. If he did he would probably be on pace to graduate already and could bounce. Hopefully inbetween shoots with the kicker's chick he was stayin on top of his academics, maybe he graduates in spring and makes a move

N'Kosi Perry is actually a Honor Roll student, don't sleep on the young man getting significant playing time this year and becoming the starter in 2021.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Is this really a thread?

Kosi was an admirable Cane and teammate last year. He took his backup role serious And he saw that you are always one injury or a 4 pick away from getting some shine.

He gets my benefit of the doubt until he hits the portal. It’s never been reported that he wanted to leave.

Also I think we are going to be “boat racing” fools next season and he will get burn.

SMU’s average QB was pretty good in Lashlee’s offense. I wouldn’t be surprised if Perry puts up better numbers than he has in the past. And?

Unless King gets hurt, Perry will be a RS Senior before he can compete for the starting job. Color me unimpressed. Where was he last year as a third year player when we needed him?

Here is how he finished 2019 - while not being able to replace “Suitcase Jerry”....

————————

Threw for 104 yards with one interception on 10-for-24 passing in start at Pittsburgh (Oct. 26)...Saw action as reserve in win over Louisville (Nov. 9)...Finished with 19 passing yards on 2-for-9 passing in regular season finale against Duke (Nov. 30)...Finished 5-for-13 for 52 passing yards and added 19 rushing yards in 2019 Walk-On's Independence Bowl against Louisiana Tech (Dec. 26).

————————

Comical.

N'Kosi Perry is actually a Honor Roll student, don't sleep on the young man getting significant playing time this year and becoming the starter in 2021.

Go Canes
He is one injury away from starting.. Need this guy and he could very well start in 21.

He could potentially transfer to a FCS school play for a season & then comeback to FBS.

For example, he could transfer to Bethune & have immediate eligibility, play for them this season, then hit the portal for 2021 as a GT.

Doubt he does that, Kosi actually likes being at Miami, I think he'll adjust fine to being the primary backup.

From oversee action of only what I see on game days on tv, Kosi seems fine as a back up. I agree that I think he stays and enjoys being a Cane, living in Miami and partying in his free time. Williams clearly had other issues. Kosi has accepted his role.

Advertisement
Unless you have a shot at moving to the next level, what reason is there to transfer?

This same situation describes Tates transfer from OSU. Tate was not pushed out of OSU, they just didn't fight to keep him. The same can be said for Jarren, which has been reported from several media outlets.
Tate actually was pushed out tho. He said himself that day told him to look elsewhere

Jarren was a b*tch. Glad he's gone.

On the other hand, I don't know how I feel about a kid who's willing to ride the bench just because he likes the city.

He has 2 years left to prove he can play in the NFL. Is that not important to him? If it was and what some of you are saying is true, that Miami doesn't view him as a potential starter, this year or next, he should transfer and go compete. What competitor willingly rides the bench?

I don't want a kid to stay at Miami because he enjoys the perks and the lifestyle of playing in Miami. Isn't that the culture problem we are trying to remove?

with this logic we would have 30 players on the roster

Advertisement
I’m on the TVD train but Kosis best option is probably to learn the offense in and out behind king and start next year for his final season if he can beat out TVD

I'd hate to see Kosi transfer. I really think this new O will benefit him the most. He's been asked to be a drop-back passer her and that really isnt his strength.
He will never play in it so I don’t think it benefits him.

it’s bad for the canes but he’s better off transferring bad learning a new offense than finish here and grad transferring.

SMU’s average QB was pretty good in Lashlee’s offense. I wouldn’t be surprised if Perry puts up better numbers than he has in the past. And?

Unless King gets hurt, Perry will be a RS Senior before he can compete for the starting job. Color me unimpressed. Where was he last year as a third year player when we needed him?

Here is how he finished 2019 - while not being able to replace “Suitcase Jerry”....

————————

Threw for 104 yards with one interception on 10-for-24 passing in start at Pittsburgh (Oct. 26)...Saw action as reserve in win over Louisville (Nov. 9)...Finished with 19 passing yards on 2-for-9 passing in regular season finale against Duke (Nov. 30)...Finished 5-for-13 for 52 passing yards and added 19 rushing yards in 2019 Walk-On's Independence Bowl against Louisiana Tech (Dec. 26).

————————

Comical.
Could someone fill me in on this "Suitcase Jerry" thing?

Advertisement
He will never play in it so I don’t think it benefits him.

it’s bad for the canes but he’s better off transferring bad learning a new offense than finish here and grad transferring.

He's entering his Redshirt Junior year. Assuming KING starts this year, Kosi will be in a battle with TVD, Matocha, and Martell for his Redshirt Senior year. That would give him a year to learn from Lashlee and watch KING. I think he could really benefit from that opportunity. It w9ould do him alot better than going to FAMU and dominating on athletic abiltity alone.

A kid who was obviously content with being mediocre and sitting behind “Suitcase Jerry“ in Enos‘ dysfunctional QB room. He’s getting a pass because although he doesn’t want to lead - and hasn’t committed to honing his craft - he doesn’t want to transfer AND he’s a SFL BOI.
Kosi isn’t from SoFlo. He’s from Ocala.

People like him bc he didn’t quit or complain. He comes off as a team guy.

All you guys looking to run everyone off because of CultureGate will be the first simps using lack of depth and experience as a crutch when starters get hurt.

Perry was a good team guy last year and loves UM. He’s got a lot of experience too and will be better in Lashlee’s system just like everyone else.

King runs the ball a lot and has been hurt a couple times. I know Van ******* is the new flavor of the month here, but I’d rather have a 3rd year junior QB with ability and experience available in case King gets hurt again. I need to see Van ******* do something in a game before I get out the anointing oils.

This same situation describes Tates transfer from OSU. Tate was not pushed out of OSU, they just didn't fight to keep him. The same can be said for Jarren, which has been reported from several media outlets.

This happened shortly after people nationally whined about Tathan getting a waiver. I don't know how much it'll actually change things but there definitely was somewhat of a move on the surface to tighten up granting of waivers.

Advertisement
Back