Kosi likely can't transfer this year

This happened shortly after people nationally whined about Tathan getting a waiver. I don't know how much it'll actually change things but there definitely was somewhat of a move on the surface to tighten up granting of waivers.

There was a lot of reporting on this topic at that time. I don't think Jarren getting a waiver is anywhere near a given.

Advertisement
There was a lot of reporting on this topic at that time. I don't think Jarren getting a waiver is anywhere near a given.

Agree. Until we see the first questionable one granted to this wave of transfers I'm more inclined to believe the NCAA is going to revert back to the pre-Tate/Fields barometers.

I see no way Kosi leaves. He loves UM . He just wants to be a part of the Canes IMO . If that means he is a back up so be it . Love him as part of the program as he did everything right this season. Not his fault he doesn't have starter level talent. He is a good back up .

Baffling that people want Kosi gone... Kid has been loyal to the team, appears to be a great teammate, and led a comeback win over FSU. What more could you want from a backup QB???

It's beyond shortsighted to not want some sort of veteran presence as a backup next year when you're always an injury away from needing to utilize it.

We can never truly know what's going on in a locker room but Kosi appeared to display the most maturity or at least the most mental/emotional stability of the three which absolutely can't be discounted when the kid was widely ridiculed as being the most immature the previous year.

We never heard any rumblings of him being a malcontent or threatening to quit or not showing up or having family members ***** and moan or even of him doing anything just generally stupid. So if the kid did actually handle all his business and learned from his mistakes and realized what was at risk then we should appreciate his maturity and loyalty and give him some in return and hope for on the field improvement and success for the kid as a Cane.

Advertisement
I believe the reason cited was that OSU didn't fight to keep him. At this point, it is pretty obvious that Miami does not plan to play Kosi. I haven't read about the NCAA cracking down on waivers, that is interesting if true.
I'm just sure that's true at all. I could easily see Kosi being the #2 QB.

1579909995314.jpeg

He could potentially transfer to a FCS school play for a season & then comeback to FBS.

For example, he could transfer to Bethune & have immediate eligibility, play for them this season, then hit the portal for 2021 as a GT.

Doubt he does that, Kosi actually likes being at Miami, I think he'll adjust fine to being the primary backup.

Ppl forget King could get hurt and kosi step right in. Kosi could also beat out king. Im glad kosi here!

Advertisement
Jarren was a b*tch. Glad he's gone.

On the other hand, I don't know how I feel about a kid who's willing to ride the bench just because he likes the city.

He has 2 years left to prove he can play in the NFL. Is that not important to him? If it was and what some of you are saying is true, that Miami doesn't view him as a potential starter, this year or next, he should transfer and go compete. What competitor willingly rides the bench?

I don't want a kid to stay at Miami because he enjoys the perks and the lifestyle of playing in Miami. Isn't that the culture problem we are trying to remove?
No, that's not the culture problem if he puts in the work and is a good teamate. He is exactly what you want. Who said he is good with being a backup? Just because he doesn't act like a **** doesn't mean he is good with it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back