2024 Korey "KJ" Duff Jr TE/WR from NY

Advertisement
Need to lock him up by Summer.

Him and Chance would be a good duo...then go get a pure speed burner to add to that group.
Do you view Chance as an outside WR or more of a big slot? Hard to tell with these measurements the recruiting agencies put out there.

If Chance is a legit 6'1, I say add go with your model. If he's more like 5'11-6'0...we need another pure outside guy and then add a burner. Obviously if one of the elites come calling we scrap the model and take them regardless of inside/outside type.

Do you view Chance as an outside WR or more of a big slot? Hard to tell with these measurements the recruiting agencies put out there.

If Chance is a legit 6'1, I say add go with your model. If he's more like 5'11-6'0...we need another pure outside guy and then add a burner. Obviously if one of the elites come calling we scrap the model and take them regardless of inside/outside type.
Look at his tape, he is 100% an outside guy. Also don’t get caught up in myth that outside guys have to be a certain height. On film the kid fits the part as our WR X. Only thing missing on him is that I don’t see any verified track speed but he gets regular downfield separation against SFLA comp. His release is pretty **** good off the line which is so important for an outside WR.

Advertisement
Look at his tape, he is 100% an outside guy. Also don’t get caught up in myth that outside guys have to be a certain height. On film the kid fits the part as our WR X. Only thing missing on him is that I don’t see any verified track speed but he gets regular downfield separation against SFLA comp. His release is pretty **** good off the line which is so important for an outside WR.
I remember you talking about the release part being a big part of what separates an outside guy and a slot guy. Glad to here Chance has that.

OUTSIDE GUY

Advertisement
I know that @Stevo365 must be pumped that KJ got an offer. If I remember right, he was very high on KJ. @Geo305 was very impressed also.
Im 5’10 look how big KJ next to me lol and one of my fav kids to coach on Raw absolute stud

Attachments

• 8E0397F2-85F2-4DC8-909C-8DFA6F497BF5.jpeg
    8E0397F2-85F2-4DC8-909C-8DFA6F497BF5.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 148

Agree on the height issue. A while back I posted the average size for the top 20-25 NFL WRs and the average was 6-0, 195 or something.

Advertisement

It didn't take long for onlookers at the Overtime OT7 East Regional tournament over the weekend to ask who KJ Duff was.

The 6-foot-5 pass-catcher from Melville (N.Y.) St. Anthony's was making plays above the rim for Raw 7v7, based in south Florida, once again. This time, though, it was fresh off of earning a scholarship offer from the University of Miami.

Duff was on campus at the end of the week.
"I came down on Thursday, landed, and went straight to The U," he told All Hurricanes. "I did a campus tour and was waiting to do a photo shoot and Coach (Kevin) Beard came up and grabbed me. We never talked before, he didn't really know who all I was and then we went to the meeting room.
"We had a good life talk and then he put on my tape in front of me, watched it and he was like, 'I want to offer you a scholarship.'"

Duff had long held interest in Miami, hearing from multiple coaches on staff, but the quick turnaround with Beard reemphasized the strong standing UM has with the rising-senior recruit.
"After that talk, I know he's a real dude," Duff said. "He's a real good coach and I respect him. He was talking about being a better man and more about life, not just football. That's what I really like about him."

Expect Miami to remain in the mix for the emerging talent, who was recently tabbed four stars by On3. Duff has official visit plans to Rutgers (June 2) and North Carolina (June 23), while Syracuse and Miami are working on logistics. Programs like Georgia and Florida State have increased communication, too.

Despite being the newest offer, the Hurricanes are in the thick of this recruitment.
"It's definitely it," Duff said. "I'd been waiting to get this one. I really like the school, I could definitely see myself there. It's going to be one of the top schools for me."
Duff, who registered 995 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior in 2022, is planning on making a verbal commitment prior to his senior season.

Advertisement
ON3 article highlights:

Miami: “Miami, I think you could just say it speaks for itself, first off. What’s stuck out to me about Miami is coach Kevin Beard, the wide receivers coach. I went in there on a visit to feel things out and he pulled me aside. We talked. He watched my tape right in front of me and decided he wanted to offer me right there. Also, the conversations we have are real life conversations, which is something I really respect about him. So I really like him as a coach.”

North Carolina: “North Carolina is definitely one of the schools that I love. I was in the North Carolina area around three or four days and I was able to go back twice. I love how the school makes me feel. Coach (Freddie) Kitchens, him being an NFL head coach a few years ago and having that experience working with a lot of top guys is something I like.”

Rutgers: “That was the first Power Five program that offered me. Ever since, it’s been nonstop. They’ve always been in communication. I’d say I’ve taken eight or nine visits there now. It feels like family there.”

Syracuse: “I love their plan for me, having Oronde Gadsden II there right now, doing what he does. It’s probably the most clear plan right now, just seeing him perform and knowing that I can be the next him, just come in there and do what he does now.”

Texas: “I’ve been able to form a relationship with the offensive coordinator, coach (Kyle) Flood. He’s actually from New York, probably 40-45 minutes away from where I live. I was able to visit Texas and I just really like Texas, the big name and also how they would use me.”

Texas A&M: “I was able to get down there and meet with coach (Jimbo) Fisher. I really liked the whole campus and what they’re now building. They’re building another indoor field. I also like that it’s football in Texas. It’s definitely a great opportunity and I like coach (James) Coley a lot.”

UCF: “I went there not knowing what to expect, but I actually really liked it. Coach (Brian) Blackmon, the tight ends coach, and coach (Grant) Heard, they’re both actively recruiting me. I went there to talk with coach Blackmon and coach Heard, the wide receivers coach, came and pulled me aside and told me how this is his first time seeing me and he really liked me. If I decide to come to UCF, I can come play in his room as much as I want. I like how they’re both actively recruiting me and how they say I would be in that offense.”

Last edited:
247 also wrote an article after speaking with him. More pointed questions were asked...

Definitely North Carolina, Rutgers, Miami standing out,”

Has scheduled 2 official visits so far: Rutgers 6/2 and UNC on 6/9

Miami is the early 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite. “Miami is a great place with great coaches,” . “The school and campus speaks for itself, I really love the receivers coach Kevin Beard as a coach. Someone I’d definitely want to get coached by.”

Advertisement
Back