2024 Korey "KJ" Duff Jr TE/WR from NY

- thinking his OV will be in late June. Took an OV to Rutgers this weekend and will be at UNC next weekend (6/9)

-Miami is recruiting Duff at receiver instead of tight end.

“As far as my interest goes, I’m definitely interested in The U. … Miami, the school, the history, just everything speaks for itself on that end. But as far as relationships and the staff goes, coach Beard has played a really big role. I really like him and I could definitely see myself getting coached by him.”

-Duff says that Beard has called him a “freak” athlete who hasn’t started to reach his potential, and the Hurricanes are making him feel seriously wanted in Coral Gables.

- Rutgers also recruiting him as a WR while UNC is selling him a spot as a receiving TE who will flex out in the slot.

- Duff said his decision will come down to his comfortability and his relationships with the coaching staffs. He wants to commit the second week of July and believes his official visits will play a major role in his decision.

He currently feels his recruitment could be a battle to the end and said he does not have a frontrunner although the feeling is UNC could be a bigger player than previously thought.

The timeline for a commit definitely aligns with some of the posts we've read here...

Hope we land him.

Advertisement
- thinking his OV will be in late June. Took an OV to Rutgers this weekend and will be at UNC next weekend (6/9)

-Miami is recruiting Duff at receiver instead of tight end.

“As far as my interest goes, I’m definitely interested in The U. … Miami, the school, the history, just everything speaks for itself on that end. But as far as relationships and the staff goes, coach Beard has played a really big role. I really like him and I could definitely see myself getting coached by him.”

-Duff says that Beard has called him a “freak” athlete who hasn’t started to reach his potential, and the Hurricanes are making him feel seriously wanted in Coral Gables.

- Rutgers also recruiting him as a WR while UNC is selling him a spot as a receiving TE who will flex out in the slot.

- Duff said his decision will come down to his comfortability and his relationships with the coaching staffs. He wants to commit the second week of July and believes his official visits will play a major role in his decision.

He currently feels his recruitment could be a battle to the end and said he does not have a frontrunner although the feeling is UNC could be a bigger player than previously thought.

want to land him.

Unc-UM battle especially with us in the same conference. If he can make it out of unc without a commitment we are in good.

His height an catch radius at receiver is needed.

want to land him.

Unc-UM battle especially with us in the same conference. If he can make it out of unc without a commitment we are in good.

His height a catch radius at receiver is needed.
Let’s hope his connection to his RAW 7v7 buddies helps…. Stevo, do your thing man….

Canesport did an interview with him.

“One guy I would say that I used to play with up here in New York before he went to IMG is Ellis Robinson,” Duff said. “He definitely is one of them, and he was with us (Raw Miami) for a few tournaments. I played with him up in New York, and I got to play with him on this Raw squad, and he’s the truth.”

“I was on a flight down that weekend, and it was The U part 2 that I watched,” Duff said. “That’s definitely something that I love. I grew up watching those, but seeing what they were and seeing what they could be is definitely something I’m attracted to with them.”

Miami recruiting Duff as a WR - Kevin Beard is leading the recruitment. Duff said he and Beard clicked instantly the first time they met.

“We just had a real-life talk, not even about football, and then he threw on my tape and watched it for the first time right in front of me,” Duff said. “Ever since then, we’ve grown that connection, and it’s been great talking to him. What he’s been saying is, ‘You’re a freak,’ he just says it. Seeing someone that sees that I would love to get coached by him.”

Here's the YouTube video of the interview:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like he may not even keep the OV at the end of June. He told the UNC site that he has to figure it all out but that proximity to his family may play a role. He is going to make a commitment on 6/29.

Probably why Rutgers started getting the cbs today

Translation: The other schools cooled on me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Working out for the staff this week - thinking maybe at Legends Camp. If all goes well, he could take an OV this weekend before the dead period starts next week.

Plans to commit on 6/29 as of today.

"Miami is a great program historically and I like what coach (Mario) Cristobal is doing trying to restore things," "Love the coaches he's bringing in and would love to be a part of that."

Advertisement
Back