Kobe Baynes, 2020 OG from Jacksonville

Advertisement
Say what you will about Louisville, their coaches had some good Olines at Appalachian State. So if he is committed to UL, he may be a potentially good pickup.

Yes recruiting ain't easy but the point was that just cuz someone points out deficiencies in our staff doesn't mean we're bashing for no reason.

If there's one position group we need to get right this year, it's the OL. We should have been on top of this position group from the get go and shouldn't be late to offer good talent. We have like a billion scholarships to give since we're so far under our number so take a few extra on OL. I understand we can't get them all but in the summer we realized Tommy Kennedy was a trash transfer and the rest of the guys weren't developing the way we thought they would have.

Still time to turn things around but Manny's got be on his A-game this class.
I don't disagree... would like to see some good guards come in. I love what they did with Clark.

Advertisement
Its last call at the bar and we are chasing the ugly girls. This kid does not seem special on film but we need bodies. I really dont know what some of u are watching. Hopefully Lsu cools on Martinez we need guys that can play OT/OG.

As the saying goes "it's late if you want to be happy tonight night, don't be picky for the rest of the night!"

Go Canes

PS: I also think there better options available.

Washington is definitely a tackle. Rivers may end up inside. That’s not a knock on him. I’m just not sure he can handle top end rush ends at his projected size. Anyway, we need more tackles, preferably turn key from Juco or another P5 program. Other than Nelson and El Gammal, who on roster is a true OT?

Rivers =RT remember kids a basketball player I mean AAU and all great athleticism part of reason he wasnt a frequent on camp circuit

Advertisement
Just got offered. Louisville commit from same high school as Jordan Miller and Branden Jennings. Barry has been monitoring since spring but finally pulled the trigger.

So are we just going to ignore his love for TrailerHassee, hmmm.

Go Canes

Last edited:
It's like deja vu all over again with this staff's recruiting strategies. It doesn't have to be like this. An offer this late for a kid with quality offers like this? In a position of dire need? That went to the same high school as 2 of our current players? I just don't get it.

This kid is a OG in college all day and that is not a position of dire need for Miami, Tackle is an this kid is not a Tackle prospect.

Go Canes

After this staff found Jakari Clark and he’s looking like a hidden gem, I am willing to give them a little leeway when it comes to unearthing OL recruits. Nobody saw Jakari Clark panning out this soon.

Advertisement
Definately a Guard prospect.

At this point i would like a Juco OT in the class.

Pata needs to find 1

Advertisement
I have no idea how we didn't offer a kid like this earlier but he is a take all day. This does have to stop though you've seen him for months so don't take so long to show you're all in for him

Advertisement
Back