Kobe Baynes, 2020 OG from Jacksonville

Advertisement
Just got offered. Louisville commit from same high school as Jordan Miller and Branden Jennings. Barry has been monitoring since spring but finally pulled the trigger.

Love the film!!! Total grader that likes to punish... Total take in my book regardless of ranking bs...

I have really enjoyed seeing Jakai Clarke taking people out 10 + yards down the field. I feel like we haven't seen that in years! OLineman that can run! The RB's have to be loving this...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love the film!!! Total grader that likes to punish... Total take in my book regardless of ranking bs...

I have really enjoyed seeing Jakai Clarke taking people out 10 + yards down the field. I feel like we haven't seen that in years! OLineman that can run! The RB's have to be loving this...

Jakai is a monster

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's like deja vu all over again with this staff's recruiting strategies. It doesn't have to be like this. An offer this late for a kid with quality offers like this? In a position of dire need? That went to the same high school as 2 of our current players? I just don't get it.

It's like deja vu all over again with this staff's recruiting strategies. It doesn't have to be like this. An offer this late for a kid with quality offers like this? In a position of dire need? That went to the same high school as 2 of our current players? I just don't get it.
you and some of the others need to stop the whining... if he is interested, he will reciprocate. everything is verbal until papers are signed. to be honest, Barry NOW actually has a leg to stand on as HIS OLine is finally performing decent with really young lineman. Up until recently, half the board was asking for banner boy!

you and some of the others need to stop the whining... if he is interested, he will reciprocate. everything is verbal until papers are signed. to be honest, Barry NOW actually has a leg to stand on as HIS OLine is finally performing decent with really young lineman. Up until recently, half the board was asking for banner boy!
So an underperforming 6-4 team has the luxury to be offering & recruiting kids 1 month before signing period at a position of desperate need the past 15yrs? Solid hot take

Advertisement
Projects as a OG, not OT in my opinion. Has good bend in pass pro but is slow in his set. Speed rushers at the college level would fly by him if he played OT. Physical kid at the point of attack. Reminds me of Campbell.

I don't understand how people can reply like this. I get that some people just troll negatively for the sake of it. But people like you act like we've been a dominant program with no issues for years and that some of us are just bashing for the sake of bashing.

The original post raised some valid red flags. This is a position of need that should have been prioritized.

I don't understand how people can reply like this. I get that some people just troll negatively for the sake of it. But people like you act like we've been a dominant program with no issues for years and that some of us are just bashing for the sake of bashing.

The original post raised some valid red flags. This is a position of need that should have been prioritized.
Look man, recruiting aint easy... Offer to soon and you get a bunch of bullchit recruits that don't pan out in their senior year or others that take the bait to later leave for what they perceive to be a better offer. Happens all the time. Others say, offer every freaking 5 star because we got nothing to lose, which doesn't work either because if the recruit doesn't have a genuine interest in Miami, he aint coming... Then you have to deal with all the incentives (wink, wink) being throw around by the boosters of these big schools to coaches, admins, family members, etc. The $$$ is crazy. Ideally, the kid would have attended a camp over the summer and a game during the year. Now with that being said, crying over spilt milk is silly. If the kid has interest, he will visit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back