KNIGHTON

Even if that's not the truth, I would love for people to think that.

But as far as Manny being shady... his dad is a politician, I'd expect that. I wouldn't want my coach any other way tbh.
I agree that his up close exposure to behind the scenes politics has helped here. But I have to think Enos came from Bama and provided a bit of insider trading himself of something to the tune of “hey you guys exposed yourselves to lose recruits to us (Bama) by doing X,Y, and Z... here’s what we (Miami) should do better to help eliminate the potential for that happening”

Mark Richt seemed to think the optics of it all and the timing of commitments played a big factor in momentum, and I think he was right to an extent as evidenced by our hot streak in recruiting with the ‘18 class.

But I think Manny’s behind the scenes recruiting tactics coupled with the way he can use that to pressure kids in to committing “before they planned to”. Because if Manny says ... “hey so and so is going to commit on the spot if we give him the green light and your spot will be taken, so either commit now or forever hold your peace” how would the recruit dispute this tactic if it’s known that we really have no idea who manny is recruiting on the low.

I like this tactic and I think it’s a reason why (aside from bags of course) that Bama could always seem to swoop in on a recruit out of nowhere.

Advertisement
I posted a while back that a parent told me that kids that were considering Miami were being pushed to commit by other schools before the season started. She said other coaches are straight up scared of Manny.
Doesn’t mean we will end up with knighton but the comments made in that write up reinforce what I was told.

Edit: lol at our “notorious boosters” comment. Did wonders with the Bosas
I agree that his up close exposure to behind the scenes politics has helped here. But I have to think Enos came from Bama and provided a bit of insider trading himself of something to the tune of “hey you guys exposed yourselves to lose recruits to us (Bama) by doing X,Y, and Z... here’s what we (Miami) should do better to help eliminate the potential for that happening”

Mark Richt seemed to think the optics of it all and the timing of commitments played a big factor in momentum, and I think he was right to an extent as evidenced by our hot streak in recruiting with the ‘18 class.

But I think Manny’s behind the scenes recruiting tactics coupled with the way he can use that to pressure kids in to committing “before they planned to”. Because if Manny says ... “hey so and so is going to commit on the spot if we give him the green light and your spot will be taken, so either commit now or forever hold your peace” how would the recruit dispute this tactic if it’s known that we really have no idea who manny is recruiting on the low.

I like this tactic and I think it’s a reason why (aside from bags of course) that Bama could always seem to swoop in on a recruit out of nowhere.
I like the fact that he's toeing the line/living in the gray areas. Whatever he has to do to get us another ring I'm perfectly fine with. I never got to see the glory years so I'm cool with whatever.

He is for sure taking the shrewd businessman approach though. After we have a good season some of the kids at the bottom of the board will be pushed out.

I like the fact that he's toeing the line/living in the gray areas. Whatever he has to do to get us another ring I'm perfectly fine with. I never got to see the glory years so I'm cool with whatever.

He is for sure taking the shrewd businessman approach though. After we have a good season some of the kids at the bottom of the board will be pushed out.
I don’t think it’s a grey area thing at all. I think it’s a personality and philosophical approach. How much of the things that Manny has said and done are stuff many in here have been asking for.
The aggressive nature of the defense, the turnover chain. How many coaches have the nads after a 7-6 season to tell kids either be a hurricane or get your *** kicked by us.
Remember the post when someone pointed how savage it was for him to fire the entire offensive staff. Dudes he went to war with and broke bred with was the exact quote in the post.
Will it transfer in the field is yet to be seen. But it does seem to be resonating a bit on the trail and coaches knew that it would.
Dude has a moth piece too. That mf’er said “if you come here for 4 years and you don’t beat Florida State you were a recruiting mistake!”
Cot **** that’s a bold and true statement.
“that’s the standard we as coaches are held against and it shouldn’t be any different for anyone on this team”.

Has anyone been to a pee wee practice down here?
6 year olds are being cursed the fugg out by coaches. Yes 6 year olds.
These sofla kids want a savage and we got one.

Advertisement
I posted a while back that a parent told me that kids that were considering Miami were being pushed to commit by other schools before the season started. She said other coaches are straight up scared of Manny.
Doesn’t mean we will end up with knighton but the comments made in that write up reinforce what I was told.

Edit: lol at our “notorious boosters” comment. Did wonders with the Bosas

And Johnny Dixon
And Benjamin Victor

The Enos affect in recruiting may very well be something that's overlooked. He was at baga only a year but surely got some insight into how sabag does business.

Not saying what Manny is doing isn't of his own doing, but Enos surely has provided some valuable insight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
WE BACK!!!!

from OSU board after the write up on Knighton:

Exactly. The kids seem to love him. In no way am I suggesting the guy pushes the line, but Miami boosters are notorious. They are a far bigger threat than present-day FSU.

😂😂😂 Our boosters are notorious.....that just made my day. The funny part is they seem scared of Manny....like Urban and his staff are choir boys

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back