KNIGHTON

Advertisement
515FCF19-C97B-45A0-90A9-A1B79D08E3E0.gif

Advertisement
Kid is definitely not coming. We go through this every year and don’t learn. Kids that have us constantly second, even when switching their first pick (first it was Clem$on, then supposedly F$U, and now it’s Taint) never come here and are just playing the hat game.

Wish we would have pushed for Parrish or the kid up in New York.

Kid is definitely not coming. We go through this every year and don’t learn. Kids that have us constantly second, even when switching their first pick (first it was Clem$on, then supposedly F$U, and now it’s Taint) never come here and are just playing the hat game.

Wish we would have pushed for Parrish or the kid up in New York.
This.

Interested to see if we circle back for Parrish.

Advertisement
I’d like to take him as a receiver/back athlete like Dallas was. And use him in a creative way. Kids a wizard with the ball
I'd keep him at WR/slot. Use him like Roscoe Parrish. Special teams could use a boost also. (edit - referring to Mookie, not Knighton)

Or we just don’t take a second back? Considering we have an elite one in the fold along with a stable already and we give that spot to another OL/DL/CB.

I think you have to take 2. We took 0 last class. Most coaches look at recruiting in 2 year windows.....you can’t get just 1 back in 2 classes, even if he is a monster like Chaney. Gotta add at least 1 other body.

2015/2016 — Walton/Homer
2016/2017 — Homer/Dallas/Burns
2017/2018 — Dallas/Burns/Lingard/Harris
2018/2019 — Lingard/Harris
2019/2020 — Chaney

Need 1 more for balance. If Martin stays and you’re convinced he’s here long-term, he’s obviously part of the above list and we can probably get by with just Chaney. But with him gone, you gotta grab a #2.

I think you have to take 2. We took 0 last class. Most coaches look at recruiting in 2 year windows.....you can’t get just 1 back in 2 classes, even if he is a monster like Chaney. Gotta add at least 1 other body.

2015/2016 — Walton/Homer
2016/2017 — Homer/Dallas/Burns
2017/2018 — Dallas/Burns/Lingard/Harris
2018/2019 — Lingard/Harris
2019/2020 — Chaney

Need 1 more for balance. If Martin stays and you’re convinced he’s here long-term, he’s obviously part of the above list and we can probably get by with just Chaney. But with him gone, you gotta grab a #2.
Is Martin potentially staying now?

Advertisement
I take that as Martin might not get picked up by another team.

Big red flag being portal happy!
He will without a doubt get interest from other teams. I was never high on dude anyway. We need to add a speed/3rd down back in our locker room. From day one I said that should be Mookie Cooper but we went all in on Knighton instead. Looks like OSU will get both now. We're still a long way from signing day but the staff has to take an L on this situation for now.

He will without a doubt get interest from other teams. I was never high on dude anyway. We need to add a speed/3rd down back in our locker room. From day one I said that should be Mookie Cooper but we went all in on Knighton instead. Looks like OSU will get both now. We're still a long way from signing day but the staff has to take an L on this situation for now.

You don’t need a 3rd down/speed back when you have horses like Cam, Lo and Chaney who can play all 3 downs and catch the ball out of the backfield.

Advertisement
You don’t need a 3rd down/speed back when you have horses like Cam, Lo and Chaney who can play all 3 downs and catch the ball out of the backfield.
The days of a RB getting 300+ carries are over unless your somebody like Wisconsin. U need a change of pace back to pair with Chaney.

Seriously I am not a football super genius but I feel like taking more backs at this point doesn't make a ton of sense. Shouldn't we be keeping spots for LB OL and DBs?

Seriously I am not a football super genius but I feel like taking more backs at this point doesn't make a ton of sense. Shouldn't we be keeping spots for LB OL and DBs?

Yeah we can get two next year. That's why we're just swinging for the fences with Knighton. If a Knighton wants in now you make room.

Next year we have Cam, Lingard, Chaney and Burns. I'd like one more since Burns is always hurt, but that's fine, especially since we need numbers elsewhere.

If someone transfers we get a stop gap transfer.

Two next year would be a must though.

Advertisement
Back