KNIGHTON

Yeah we can get two next year. That's why we're just swinging for the fences with Knighton. If a Knighton wants in now you make room.

Next year we have Cam, Lingard, Chaney and Burns. I'd like one more since Burns is always hurt, but that's fine, especially since we need numbers elsewhere.

If someone transfers we get a stop gap transfer.

Two next year would be a must though.
Next year isn't the problem, it's the year after. If Cam and Zo both turn pro early you're looking at starting a RS Freshman/Sophomore in Chaney and a true freshman 2021 kid. That's not a recipe for success especially if the 2021 kid isn't highly rated and/or isn't able to enroll early.

Since it seems like they already struck out on all their plans they should look to take a project speed back. Some 3 star who would be an easy get with a high ceiling that u could develop for the next two years.

That's worse case scenario. I could just as easily see a scenario where we have a Christian Williams come in the picture late.

Advertisement
Next year isn't the problem, it's the year after. If Cam and Zo both turn pro early you're looking at starting a RS Freshman/Sophomore in Chaney and a true freshman 2021 kid. That's not a recipe for success especially if the 2021 kid isn't highly rated and/or isn't able to enroll early.

Since it seems like they already struck out on all their plans they should look to take a project speed back. Some 3 star who would be an easy get with a high ceiling that u could develop for the next two years.

That's worse case scenario. I could just as easily see a scenario where we have a Christian Williams come in the picture late.
Since Knighton looks like he is going anywhere besides UM, the staff should try to get Holmes back in the fold. UM can use Holmes in different ways, not just a pure RB.

Since Knighton looks like he is going anywhere besides UM, the staff should try to get Holmes back in the fold. UM can use Holmes in different ways, not just a pure RB.
Who are the fastest backs this cycle like the 3 stars or the ones who we could flip from a lower program?

Yeah we can get two next year. That's why we're just swinging for the fences with Knighton. If a Knighton wants in now you make room.

Next year we have Cam, Lingard, Chaney and Burns. I'd like one more since Burns is always hurt, but that's fine, especially since we need numbers elsewhere.

If someone transfers we get a stop gap transfer.

Two next year would be a must though.

Again, you can't take 1 back combined in two classes. That's how you get yourself in trouble. No top flight program signs 1 RB in back to back combined classes. Look at FSU, they took 1 back in 2018 and 2019 combined, and they had to take a walk-on this spring just for some semblance of depth. Now they're scrambling for 3+ backs in this class, and since some of them are trending away possibly, their fans are in an uproar.

You have good backs who are interested right now. Sign 1 to pair with Chaney. You can't plan with "Well we can take 2 next year". **** happens, and next year is next year. You have to take 2 this class to balance out the 0 you took last class.

Advertisement
Kid is definitely not coming. We go through this every year and don’t learn. Kids that have us constantly second, even when switching their first pick (first it was Clem$on, then supposedly F$U, and now it’s Taint) never come here and are just playing the hat game.

Wish we would have pushed for Parrish or the kid up in New York.
Agreed with the first part that always running second means losing out. But while I do agree some recruits do that to play the game I think it’s also sometimes just part of the kids’ decision.

It’s a matter of staying home versus finding the best fit out of state. For me when I was choosing what college to attend, it was always the U and another school I felt intrigued by. Miami just happened to win out for me because I looked at it the opposite way: If Miami is the one constant, it’s a sign I should go there.

Wish local blue chips would do the same.

Advertisement

Need to circle back around on Parrish, Holmes, and Scott. First one that wants in wins.

yeah imo our rb board should be
1 knighton
2 Parrish
3 Holmes

push for one of them to flip i think we could flip holmes or parrish with a good season in the spring both kids wear screaming to be canes lol

Advertisement
Again, you can't take 1 back combined in two classes. That's how you get yourself in trouble. No top flight program signs 1 RB in back to back combined classes. Look at FSU, they took 1 back in 2018 and 2019 combined, and they had to take a walk-on this spring just for some semblance of depth. Now they're scrambling for 3+ backs in this class, and since some of them are trending away possibly, their fans are in an uproar.

You have good backs who are interested right now. Sign 1 to pair with Chaney. You can't plan with "Well we can take 2 next year". **** happens, and next year is next year. You have to take 2 this class to balance out the 0 you took last class.

Of course it's not ideal. But prior roster management has put us in some bad spot across the board. I don't think it's likely both Harris and Lingard leave the same year personally, because whoever gets more burn now will likely be the guy for a year when the other leaves.

Looking at something like Lingard, Chaney, Burns and 2 freshman in 2021 which would be better numbers wise than what we have going into this season. Again, just my opinion and Martin leaving certainly throws a wrench into the equation.

There's always the portal to get a one year stop gap player at RB if both Lingard and Harris left.

yeah imo our rb board should be
1 knighton
2 Parrish
3 Holmes

push for one of them to flip i think we could flip holmes or parrish with a good season in the spring both kids wear screaming to be canes lol
Holmes is not committed anywhere so there is no need to flip him, and Parrish is probably hurt because we did not recruit him harder. That being said If knighton does not come they should have Holmes as priority #1, supposedly we slowed contact with him and he still as UM in his top 7. Still push for Parrish, but I think there us a better chance of pulling Holmes.

Advertisement
Of course it's not ideal. But prior roster management has put us in some bad spot across the board. I don't think it's likely both Harris and Lingard leave the same year personally, because whoever gets more burn now will likely be the guy for a year when the other leaves.

Looking at something like Lingard, Chaney, Burns and 2 freshman in 2021 which would be better numbers wise than what we have going into this season. Again, just my opinion and Martin leaving certainly throws a wrench into the equation.

There's always the portal to get a one year stop gap player at RB if both Lingard and Harris left.

You don't plan for a one year stop gap player via the portal. You plan for roster balance. You get that by signing 2 backs.

You don't plan for a one year stop gap player via the portal. You plan for roster balance. You get that by signing 2 backs.

I never said to PLAN for taking a stop gap. Only if 1 of Harris and Lingard stay, we'd have more numbers in 2021 than we do right now (nobody is complaining that much going into this season with only 4)- and should we unfortunately lose both together the portal is an option. We need balance across the board still.

We aren't disagreeing on proper numbers here, I just think there are more pressing needs and more important positions than RB. If we fill out the class perfectly then absolutely leave a spot open for a RB.

I never said to PLAN for taking a stop gap. Only if 1 of Harris and Lingard stay, we'd have more numbers in 2021 than we do right now (nobody is complaining that much going into this season with only 4)- and should we unfortunately lose both together the portal is an option. We need balance across the board still.

We aren't disagreeing on proper numbers here, I just think there are more pressing needs and more important positions than RB. If we fill out the class perfectly then absolutely leave a spot open for a RB.

Well, we'll just agree to disagree on this, as I feel that a 2nd back is as important as any other position in this class.

And we'll see how the coaches feel about that subject in February. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in **** that they only take Chaney, but we'll see.

Well, we'll just agree to disagree on this, as I feel that a 2nd back is as important as any other position in this class.

And we'll see how the coaches feel about that subject in February. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in **** that they only take Chaney, but we'll see.

It would’ve been ok if asa stayed but there’s no way they roll with three backs and burns.

Advertisement
Back