KNIGHTON

People are sleeping on Dallas's physical gifts.

He might be the most athletic back on the roster. People too often confuse athleticism with speed. Deejay Dallas is 220-pounds and returning punts for touchdowns in the ACC. Nobody else is doing that. He's the most elusive of the three and he has the best eye-hand coordination.

Advertisement
I think Cam is actually the better athlete. More quick laterally, stronger. Lingard is faster (elite speed) but Cam is fast, too.

Both guys have a chance to really help us.
I dont think hes stronger. Hes better laterally right now though

Hes bigger, faster, more explosive, more powerful. Ceiling has to do mostly with athletic ability and intangibles. Cam Harris is ahead of him in his development as a running back but behind him (by a lot) athletically.
"By a lot", really u act like Cam is a scrub 😂😂😂. Just because Lingard weighs like 20 lbs more, 2 inches taller, and probably .1 second faster on the 40 yard dash, does not equate to being far more athletic. If I'm not mistaking lateral movement is probably the most important athletic ability that a RB needs and Cam is definitely bette rin that department. U should also go look at their sparq measurements, they are almost identical and did u know Camron has a faster 100 meter dash as well. So stop with the bs that Lingard is this far superior athlete that sits at the top of the pyramid. I dont believe those bs greentree numbers, 4.27, can't even begin to think how people believe that ****.

Advertisement
"By a lot", really u act like Cam is a scrub 😂😂😂. Just because Lingard weighs like 20 lbs more, 2 inches taller, and probably .1 second faster on the 40 yard dash, does not equate to being far more athletic. If I'm not mistaking lateral movement is probably the most important athletic ability that a RB needs and Cam is definitely bette rin that department. U should also go look at their sparq measurements, they are almost identical and did u know Camron has a faster 100 meter dash as well. So stop with the bs that Lingard is this far superior athlete that sits at the top of the pyramid. I dont believe those bs greentree numbers, 4.27, can't even begin to think how people believe that ****.

Lateral movement and vision are more important than long speed. As is acceleration/burst. How fast a guy is over 10-15 yards means more than his speed over 100 yards. And Camron has excellent burst (and pretty **** good long speed).

Also, some folks fascination with height for a RB is misguided. These two are about the same weight, but Camron is 2-3 inches shorter. I'll take the shorter, stockier RB every day. Being tall and lean is not ideal for a RB.

I'm not saying Lingard won't be really good. I think when he gets to 100% health, he'll be a factor in the RB rotation. But I think this season, DJ and Camron are a clear 1a and 1b.

Lateral movement and vision are more important than long speed. As is acceleration/burst. How fast a guy is over 10-15 yards means more than his speed over 100 yards. And Camron has excellent burst (and pretty **** good long speed).

Also, some folks fascination with height for a RB is misguided. These two are about the same weight, but Camron is 2-3 inches shorter. I'll take the shorter, stockier RB every day. Being tall and lean is not ideal for a RB.

I'm not saying Lingard won't be really good. I think when he gets to 100% health, he'll be a factor in the RB rotation. But I think this season, DJ and Camron are a clear 1a and 1b.
I agree with everything u just said.

He might be the most athletic back on the roster. People too often confuse athleticism with speed. Deejay Dallas is 220-pounds and returning punts for touchdowns in the ACC. Nobody else is doing that. He's the most elusive of the three and he has the best eye-hand coordination.
I think cam Davis showed he was more elusive this spring especially with some of those runs at the scrimmages. Deejay got a lot to prove to me as he didn’t finish strong in the last 8 games at all. In fact it was actually terrible. 6 of the last 8 games under 4.0 ypc? That’s terrible. **** even 4.9 ypc is far from good...
That’s why imo I dont Get why it’s assumed he should start over these other guys like Davis and lingard(if healthy) honestly. Imo people overstate how good Dallas is until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Camron Davis fastest 100m time was a 10.95 while lingards was a 10.71. Lingard also is not 20 pounds bigger than Davis. Davis is actually built with a powerful frame but has the long speed and breakaway speed that deejay Dallas doesn’t. I didnt think Davis was as shifty as he’s shown late last year and this spring which is surprising and great to see.

It takes more than just having track speed to have a higher ceiling for a RB. When it comes to being a RB the intangibles are a lot more important. Some of the best RB ever were not the fastest. So for people to say he has a higher ceiling because he is bigger and faster is ridiculous, If that was the case then RB like Gus Edwards and Robert Burns would be getting eating. That being said he will be very good and I can't wait for him to come back.
I get your point but Gus Edwards was eating for the Ravens this year .. I think he they #1 back now

Advertisement

110 pct here...And your next post about Lingard going down easy.

Advertisement
A lot of yall are clueless as to what you're looking at and only base your opinions on the enthusiasm a recruit gave you on signing day.

Lingard was ranked high because he's a 6'0" 200lb track athlete who dogged inferior competition.
Cam doesn't look as good getting off the bus (although he's actually more swole than Lingard) but he did his work against Dade County competition. I watched this kid out-run angles versus a talented Daytona Mainland team. He made Dade County kids look slow frequently.

This tape is full of him out-running angles. LOL

Lingard can be good if he puts it all together, but IMO Cam came in with the upper hand having faced better competition. Yall downplaying Cam like he didn't just walk in this ***** and start stealing people's reps.

A lot of yall are clueless as to what you're looking at and only base your opinions on the enthusiasm a recruit gave you on signing day.

Lingard was ranked high because he's a 6'0" 200lb track athlete who dogged inferior competition.
Cam doesn't look as good getting off the bus (although he's actually more swole than Lingard) but he did his work against Dade County competition. I watched this kid out-run angles versus a talented Daytona Mainland team. He made Dade County kids look slow frequently.

This tape is full of him out-running angles. LOL

Lingard can be good if he puts it all together, but IMO Cam came in with the upper hand having faced better competition. Yall downplaying Cam like he didn't just walk in this ***** and start stealing people's reps.

Who exactly downplayed cam? i do however see people do that often with lingard.. Imo it’s meaningless,They will be an elite tandem when it’s all said and done

I told y'all last year...Cam is a better pure RB than Lingard. (and y'all thought I was trippin')

Lingard is a ridiculous athlete but all he did in high school was take dive hand-offs and run by slow white kids. He played in the Wing-T, hence the reason his vision needs work for this level.

I watched Cam make Dade County D1 kids look slow and silly. He played much better competition.

I think if Lingard can adjust then he'll be special.
I said the exact same thing...

Advertisement
Back