KNIGHTON

More talented how?
As of right now Lingard is just a big kid who can run fast in a straight line.
More talented as an overall RB. He won't be able to fully showcase that talent until 2020 which gives him another year to develop.

Advertisement
Dallas and Burns will be gone after this season.

Hence, why the “depth” at Miami shouldn’t be as bad as it seems. I’m not sold on Martin either. Him and Lingard are coming off serious injuries. Who knows how they respond.

Advertisement
Hence, why the “depth” at Miami shouldn’t be as bad as it seems. I’m not sold on Martin either. Him and Lingard are coming off serious injuries. Who knows how they respond.

I agree with this. IMO we're looking at a 2-man rotation at RB, which isn't deep. Sure Lingard might be 100% by the Fall, but no way of knowing how an individual comes back from a serious knee injury. And despite his straight-line long speed, I think he's way behind DJ and Camron in other facets of the RB position. Martin is sitting out the season, and IMO I don't think he's at DJ's or Camron's level, despite his high H.S. ranking.

I've heard the same... Something about him lacking vision which is why Cam Harris might have the upper hand on him besides the injury.

Well then consider me concerned because while I like Cam Davis and think he can do some good things for us this year, we haven't seen anything from him yet either that proves he can get us to the promised land either. Lo was supposed to be that guy.

Hopefully these top HS running backs with NFL aspirations start looking at things differently. The landscape has changed. It's not necessary to rack up a ton of stats and play every down in college. Josh Jacobs had 120 carries last year behind Damian Harris's 150 and only 3 more than Najee Harris at 117 yet Jacobs got drafted in the 1st round last night.

Now, the idea is that a RB should have more tread on the tires when he hits the NFL. Something that Alabama RBs didn't have in the past and didn't pan out well in the NFL. Now they're splitting carries, are more fresh, and have less injuries that the NFL likes.

Well then consider me concerned because while I like Cam Davis and think he can do some good things for us this year, we haven't seen anything from him yet either that proves he can get us to the promised land either. Lo was supposed to be that guy.

I think this season, DJ is that guy. Camron will be RB2 and Lingard, if he's healthy, RB3. If all three are healthy, that's an excellent depth chart, but that's a big "if" right now.

Advertisement
I told y'all last year...Cam is a better pure RB than Lingard. (and y'all thought I was trippin')

Lingard is a ridiculous athlete but all he did in high school was take dive hand-offs and run by slow white kids. He played in the Wing-T, hence the reason his vision needs work for this level.

I watched Cam make Dade County D1 kids look slow and silly. He played much better competition.

I think if Lingard can adjust then he'll be special.

I told y'all last year...Cam is a better pure RB than Lingard. (and y'all thought I was trippin')

Lingard is a ridiculous athlete but all he did in high school was take dive hand-offs and run by slow white kids. He played in the Wing-T, hence the reason his vision needs work for this level.

I watched Cam make Dade County D1 kids look slow and silly. He played much better competition.

Lingard's ceiling is much higher. He puts it all together and he's a first round back

Advertisement

Does it matter what color they were?

Because lingard is an explosive athlete with track speed while being a 6’0 200 plus pound back with room to grow. Cam Harris ceiling is very high too. Both are much more gifted than deejay Dallas
It takes more than just having track speed to have a higher ceiling for a RB. When it comes to being a RB the intangibles are a lot more important. Some of the best RB ever were not the fastest. So for people to say he has a higher ceiling because he is bigger and faster is ridiculous, If that was the case then RB like Gus Edwards and Robert Burns would be getting eating. That being said he will be very good and I can't wait for him to come back.

Advertisement
It takes more than just having track speed to have a higher ceiling for a RB. When it comes to being a RB the intangibles are a lot more important. Some of the best RB ever were not the fastest. So for people to say he has a higher ceiling because he is bigger and faster is ridiculous, If that was the case then RB like Gus Edwards and Robert Burns would be getting eating. That being said he will be very good and I can't wait for him to come back.
Hes bigger, faster, more explosive, more powerful. Ceiling has to do mostly with athletic ability and intangibles. Cam Harris is ahead of him in his development as a running back but behind him (by a lot) athletically.

Hes bigger, faster, more explosive, more powerful. Ceiling has to do mostly with athletic ability and intangibles. Cam Harris is ahead of him in his development as a running back but behind him (by a lot) athletically.

I think Cam is actually the better athlete. More quick laterally, stronger. Lingard is faster (elite speed) but Cam is fast, too.

Both guys have a chance to really help us.

Advertisement
Back